KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Teleportation

Teleportation
Started by: DrDeadpool

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DrDeadpool
Observer

Teleportation

Since recently some scientists could teleport (I don't know if it's a verb or not but I use it) a qubit , it will open the gate for larger scales of information , in physics all of us can be described by bits of information and in theory we can copy those information and past them on the other bits of information (aka teleportation) but it will delete the original information ! now we are a step closer, but as a scientist it's just an action for me however it leaves a philosophical question for you guys that when we (people) got teleported , are we still the same person or not? what do you think? (Sorry for the bad English)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 08:54 PM
DrDeadpool is currently offline Click here to Send DrDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by DrDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Teleportation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
in physics all of us can be described by bits of information

What do you mean?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 09:07 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDeadpool
Observer

Re: Re: Teleportation

Originally posted by Astner
What do you mean?

Think of Quark as leggos , but you can make ANYTHING with those leggos and every order that they have they become something , we call those orders information !

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 09:23 PM
DrDeadpool is currently offline Click here to Send DrDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by DrDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Re: Re: Teleportation

Think of Quark as leggos ,

That's the stupidest analogy I've ever heard.

First and foremost you can't even make an atom out of just quarks, you need electrons (which is a lepton and not a quark) as well as pions and number of bosons (g, W+, W- and Z0) to account for the structure of said atom, and that's not accounting for other properties like particle decay and interactions.

And it's spelt Lego.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 09:38 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Astner's mad cos Astner never got any Legos.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2014 09:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Teleportation

Since recently some scientists could teleport (I don't know if it's a verb or not but I use it) a qubit , it will open the gate for larger scales of information , in physics all of us can be described by bits of information and in theory we can copy those information and past them on the other bits of information (aka teleportation) but it will delete the original information ! now we are a step closer, but as a scientist it's just an action for me however it leaves a philosophical question for you guys that when we (people) got teleported , are we still the same person or not? what do you think? (Sorry for the bad English)

The problem with teleportation is that the thing you are teleporting is destroyed in the process.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 01:49 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^Not if the teleportation in question involves space warps. In which case the object being teleported doesn't even move at all, the universe around it does.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 04:14 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Epicurus
In which case the object being teleported doesn't even move at all, the universe around it does.

You do know that motion is a relative concept, right? You moving is from one frame of reference is the same as the universe moving around you from another.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 08:20 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

You do know that motion is a relative concept, right? You moving is from one frame of reference is the same as the universe moving around you from another.

You do know that space warping results in the frame of reference itself being moved around, right? And motion cannot be faster than light. At least not from a localistic viewpoint.

Well, I am not moving in this case though. The frame of reference is.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 09:01 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Well, I am not moving in this case though. The frame of reference is.

I don't think you understand. You can always change the frame of reference.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 09:03 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

I don't think you understand. You can always change the frame of reference.

I don't think human beings know yet how to change which universe they hop around in. Or whether there even are multiple universes in existence.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 09:06 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I don't think human beings know yet how to change which universe they hop around in. Or whether there even are multiple universes in existence.

Frame of reference is a theoretical concept.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2014 06:42 PM
Shabazz916

is teleportation possible.. no your body would never survive the energy need to be teleported

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 01:22 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Frame of reference is a theoretical concept.

And?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 06:27 AM
Shabazz916

teleportation isnt real.. human are limited by what the man up above will let us achieve

Old Post Jun 13th, 2014 01:49 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote