KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » I'm powerful

I'm powerful
Started by: Wonder Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I'm powerful

Did you ever see the show where the kid proclaims he has the best brain of anyone? Sort of a comment on the social norm. I think he should have said I'm powerful personally but anyhow what do you think about power and what do you think about it being the social norm.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 01:20 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

This is more sociology.. But at least...
There is also science medcine... Informatic.. Is the brain like a computer? Is brain effectivness in general, can be mesured by power? Electrical tension? Débit? Exchange of information/s? About how skillfull he is with activies that requiere mostly the use of the brain over any other organs?
In French we have 2 wod for power : Puissance et pouvoir. The two are totaly different so to me brain power is an abstract concept because I cannot figure out if this is capibilities of pure power.
But at least I see what do you mean. (I think, I could be wrong...) : Everyone is good in one domain... But society do not recognise the use of all this domains...

But what we care about? I'm nihilist man I think than purpuse is an artificial human creation, wich is at the best all relativ.. Relativ to something. There is no general purpuse. There no such a thing like that...
That's why life is meaningless and have no purpuse !

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:36 AM
Revanchiste is currently offline Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

The purpose of falling in love makes good sense.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2015 07:34 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wonder Man
...anyhow what do you think about power and what do you think about it being the social norm.
Power. One of my favorite subjects.

Power is that which distances one from Death Terror. Every living thing seeks it, on whatever levels they operate (eg, physically, socially, financially). Because humans are the most aware of their mortality, to compensate we engage in the most intimate and intense power projects, from personal acts of kindness and sacrifice to savage, all-out war.

The pursuit of Godhood (or rather, the illusion of it, of being powerful and immortal) is most obvious with religionism. It doesn't get any better than having the Divine Right to massacre everyone and anyone who "isn't like you."

On a side note, this is why I don't see ISIS, eg, as "evil," but rather made up of individuals who otherwise feel powerless and, at some level of awareness, are themselves terrified and desperate. Thus, the extreme, compensatory depravity of their barbaric behavior.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 11:21 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I think people choose power because it is easy and the lazy ones always choose it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 05:55 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think people choose power because it is easy and the lazy ones always choose it.
If I may amend: when reason and compassion fail, violence is the quickest and easiest way to power.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 06:26 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Pouvoir et puissance.
Que de choses qui attire des ennuis et des responsabilités....

Old Post Apr 11th, 2015 08:42 PM
Revanchiste is currently offline Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote