KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » The Fourth Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!

The Fourth Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

The Fourth Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!

Back by popular demand, this is the fourth sig contest. The following are the basic rules (adapted from last years).

This competition is open to any registered member of the forums. Here is what we want entrants to do: Simply make a new signature image for yourself, that you might use at these forums. Make it as well as you can, something that you can be really proud of. Post it here. Then, when submissions are over, Raz and lil_b will judge the sigs and pick three winners, one for each of the following categories.

1. Best-looking signature, a simple award for the one that simply looks the best

2. Best designed signature, an award for the one that the judges feel was the most expertly and competently created.

3. The cleverest signature, an award for the signature that the judges think has the cleverest concept- originality and thought count a lot here.

Closing date for this competition is 23:59:59 July 14th 2004. Please, take your time, as we will only be accepting single submissions; don't submit until you are sure you are finished.

When you are done, post your entry in this thread as an attachment. Please do not use this thread for anything other than posting entries! We have had difficulties with this before- this thread really is for entries only. If you wish to discuss the contest, please do it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=299036

Please, all queries there, this thread is just for entries.

Signatures can be of any form you like- scanned pics (so long as a reasonable amount of effort is done to make it your own) or pieces of art built from scratch. Certain things are more likely to win certain awards- scanned stuff tends to look better but a well made piece from scratch is far more likely to win the design award. Your name does not HAVE to be on the sig but that is the custom- if your name is not on the sig it had best be for a design reason. If you want to accompany your entry with an explanation of how you created it, that would be welcomed.

Please observe the following rules:

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.

2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.

3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just taken from somewhere else- it is a sig MAKING contest after all. And it has to be a new signature, made specifically for this contest.

4. Do not start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid.

5. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and probably containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.

6. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. Make sure your sig is finished before posting it; only your first entry will be accepted- mistakes and all.

7. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

-

So please, post your entries- and only your entries!- here.

(Original rules courtesy of Ushgarak)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 07:28 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hah, first to enter big grin just finished it up...

Attachment: tm_sigcontest.jpg
This has been downloaded 756 time(s).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 08:02 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Here I go...

Attachment: asylum sigg 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 767 time(s).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 08:27 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

there

Attachment: nazgul sig4.jpg
This has been downloaded 705 time(s).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 11:07 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'm going old school, hope someone can appreciate it.

Attachment: contestsig.jpg
This has been downloaded 693 time(s).

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 12:14 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

5 to enter

[entry removed by raz]

definatly made by me

Last edited by Raz on Jul 2nd, 2004 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 12:37 AM
DeAdLy KaRnAgE is currently offline Click here to Send DeAdLy KaRnAgE a Private Message Find more posts by DeAdLy KaRnAgE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

Alright I usually wait till I see some of the work, But I am very confident with this one. This is a Custom GIF sig and it took me hours to do I had to do alot of work to get this hope you like it.

You also asked us to explain our sigs and why we created them well I recently seen the movie, during the movie I thought to myself that it would make a great signature as long as I could find the right picks, well I couldn't find the right ones so I had to create them. GL to the rest of the Makers.

Attachment: sig2c.gif
This has been downloaded 704 time(s).

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 05:28 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I thought I'd just enter for fun smile
Here's one I've been working on for a couple days.

Attachment: sigg.jpg
This has been downloaded 646 time(s).

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 04:36 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

not a designer, I cant figure out photoshop for the life of me, but I like its simplicity, the way it looks and it portrays a kind of a calm before the storm to come.......only my 2nd effort be gentle

[entry removed by Lil]

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jul 3rd, 2004 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 11:46 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

Heres a new one i just wipped up

[entry removed by Lil]

definatly made by me

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jul 3rd, 2004 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 01:00 AM
DeAdLy KaRnAgE is currently offline Click here to Send DeAdLy KaRnAgE a Private Message Find more posts by DeAdLy KaRnAgE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

well, this would be the 2nd one ive done. i always thought it would be cool to see myself in a symbiote(thats me in the background), so thats what i did mine on.

Attachment: contest sig.jpg
This has been downloaded 590 time(s).

Never stray from the comon line.

Last edited by moshtitan on Jul 3rd, 2004 at 05:49 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 05:46 AM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

Interesting (at my grans and this the only 1 i got here) Just entering coz i can!!!

Attachment: ziggy10.jpg
This has been downloaded 571 time(s).

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 01:07 PM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snipes
Number 1

heres my entry.

Attachment: scotty.jpg
This has been downloaded 568 time(s).

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 01:21 PM
Snipes is currently offline Click here to Send Snipes a Private Message Find more posts by Snipes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Entry complete. no expression

Attachment: imburlymansigcontestentry.gif
This has been downloaded 561 time(s).

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 05:30 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoundZero
--=:Office Wench:=--

Mommy, look what I can do!

Not really a movie signature, but I thought it turned out... All PS-CS baby!

Attachment: soundzero_6.jpg
This has been downloaded 503 time(s).

Sound is the lure of emptiness, and the pleasures of zero.
-Stephen King

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2004 10:55 PM
SoundZero is currently offline Click here to Send SoundZero a Private Message Find more posts by SoundZero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

phew.....tiresome work with this one.
i've worked a lot..even on the code (with the digits) you find in the background (not to metnion the others)...rearranging streams and stuff.
i tried to find and original idea with integrating 'Dexx' in it..i usually don't like to just write it in with a font...if you noticed.
had some setbacks with the text in it.....didn't know which one to choose. ended up with that one....with a few modifications
...bleh ....worked a lot with it...and....it turned out ok, i guess.
you tell me ..smile

Attachment: sig for posting.jpg
This has been downloaded 519 time(s).

Last edited by Dexx on Jul 4th, 2004 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 04:07 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeAdLy KaRnAgE
ThEcReEpEr

here one i made for me that moved but it wus to big so i made it a reg. sig and i never used it

Attachment: juggernautfcbfg.jpg
This has been downloaded 462 time(s).

definatly made by me

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 02:10 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

okay I didn't want to enter so soon,but worried I'd be pressed for time.so here my tribute to Marilyn Monroe

Attachment: mariln monroe.jpg
This has been downloaded 422 time(s).

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 07:42 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

my contribution....

Attachment: teardrop sig1.jpg
This has been downloaded 417 time(s).

Old Post Jul 5th, 2004 09:34 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt_Champion
fragile, handle with care

one sig i made

[entry removed by Lil]

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jul 6th, 2004 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 07:38 PM
Lt_Champion is currently offline Click here to Send Lt_Champion a Private Message Find more posts by Lt_Champion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote