KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Alliance's Sigs

Alliance's Sigs
Started by: Alliance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (61): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Alliance's Sigs

These are some of the best sigs I've made. Lately, I've been working on more techniques. I'm attempting to make some more advanced designs and concepts. Check em out and check back later!

Attachment: signature - commander cody.jpg
This has been downloaded 1089 time(s).

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 08:55 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Sorry, I forgot how to post more than one image in a post, but I guess I can spam my own thread

Attachment: signature - palpatine.jpg
This has been downloaded 1174 time(s).

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 08:56 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

[IMG]

Last edited by Ordo on Mar 10th, 2006 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 08:58 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OK, Here we go...

(please log in to view the image)

And my most recent....

Part of the problem is i spend most of my photoshop time making wallpapers. I should spend more time making sigs... and branch out from SW some...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:13 PM
yoda545
jedi

nice can u teach me plz

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:16 PM
yoda545 is currently offline Click here to Send yoda545 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda545 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

wow, they are awesome!!!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 06:52 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Nice stuff. Obviously a bit too slanted toward SW stuff, but there's a couple that are darn good.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 08:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The one I am working on now is not SW...hopefully I'll have time to finish it by tomorrow.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:45 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

This is my most recent, an homage to Chicago's current move towards very large neo-futuristic lovelyness.

SW to architecture....slight shift. Hopefull this one will be more appealing to the masses

Attachment: singature - aquaedit.gif
This has been downloaded 952 time(s).

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:12 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

As my last sig went out with little acclaim, I updated...this time its HALO 2 and I actually like it a lot.

Attachment: singature - mc gif.gif
This has been downloaded 978 time(s).

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 12:07 AM
drunk_nazgul
obscure

I liked the second one you posted.
They're all very clean cut.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 11:04 PM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Thanks. I like sharp edges...lol

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:33 AM
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

If you want to take a crack at some Symphony for a Saga covers, I'd appreciate it...and I'm sure the fans would.

72dpi is certainly fine, although a 300dpi image for printing would be wonderful.

Dimensions are 4.75" w x 4.715" h for a 'single panel' cover (Front cover only). or 9.5" w x 4.715" hi for a 'double panel' cover (Front & folded for a back cover). If you want to include a .125" bleed over, that's cool too.

(Here's a great site: http://www.teachingarts.org/visualA...ies/storyReader$97)

I would only worry about a 'single panel' cover for the single releases, and a 'double panel' for the individual suites. I wouldn't worry about doing a full jewel case until at least one disc is complete. We'll talk about DVD when the actual video is done, probably in quite a long time too.

First up, if you would like to do a cover the TPM single, that would be great.

The only think I request is that the text on the front be similar in design and layout to the prequel soundtrack releases:

STAR WARS
Symphony for a Saga

(image)

"Title"

The first single panel would be for the single titled "Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn's Theme"

Obviously, given the title it needs to be 'Qui-Gon' based, but you can be as creative as you want. I'd ask that you listen to the pieces to formulate cover ideas, as I'd like the covers to reflect the 'feeling' or 'spirit' of the music.

You can also work on the first suite titled "The Phantom Menace Suite". Feel free to use any liner notes you wish on the back (2nd panel). It should at least include a tracklist, without runtimes please; as well as 'Music composed and Conducted by John Williams' and 'Performed by the London Symphony Orchestra'.

You can either PM me or email me for details.

Once again, the Symphony for a Saga link is http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:20 PM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Sure...starting with the single would be great. I like to do artwork with one main figure...look at my sigs...lol.

TIME FOR A PROJECT!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 11:46 PM
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Sweet...Feel free to do as many interpretations as you like. I don't want to get tired, but sometimes as an Artist myself...I can't make up my mind when I have too many ideas.

Thanks!

When you are ready, I'll send you the information on the single for AOTC and have you give it a listen. We'll debut your cover first to build excitment for the single.

BTW, just today I found a video editor who wants in on the project...so this could become seriously cool.

Last edited by tlbauerle on Mar 25th, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:50 AM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Star Wars kicks ass big grin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
This is my most recent, an homage to Chicago's current move towards very large neo-futuristic lovelyness.

SW to architecture....slight shift. Hopefull this one will be more appealing to the masses

Oooooh, this one is cool....I live in Chicago eek!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 12:55 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I live there too and I love architecture. The proposed building is Aqua, designed by Jeanne Gang, and hopefully the building will be approved so we can start building it!

And Star Wars totally kicks ass..

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 06:38 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OK..here it is...lets just say I was motivated.

Artist’ Statement:

So obviously, this is Qui-Gon. I really wanted to have him a strong central figure, as this is who the song is about. Not surprisingly, the music describing Qui-Gon is soft and flowing, with a little bit of "spunk." I think Williams accurately described his character. Qui-Gon is an intellectual icon of pacifism, patience, and stability. I chose a strong, defensive pose, but included his lightsaber as this is a defining future of any jedi's character.

I also took a reductionist view, placing Qui-Gon in the background of Naboo (which might also be described by the majority of the music) and giving the background more of a hand-drawn look. Too often the artistic elements of SW are over-looked, and the cover for a single is the perfect time to reemphasize the fact that Star Wars is also an artistic concept. Having Qui-Gon become a rendered figure from a 2D draft shows his ascendance out of this world and concepts into a valid symbol.

By keeling the background white, I intend to represent the symbolic purity of Qui-Gon, a talent that so many jedi are losing at the time of TPM. Yet, Qui=Gon's energy, displayed as similar to the green energy of his blade, pervades the sky above Naboo (itself a peaceful, intellectual and rational planet), presenting him as a holy symbol of jedi enlightenment to both Anakin and Kenobi (which is what I think is Qui-Gon's dominant role in the saga). It also helps to cover the faster phrases in the single.

END STATEMENT

So, those were my goals...if you need me change/alter anything let me know. Unfortunately in the future, I won't be able to get them done in a day. Btw, the song was and excellent arrangement/mix and those Imperial March tones at the end were a phenomenal reference to Qui-Gon's good ambitions turning sour.

Last edited by Ordo on Mar 25th, 2006 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 06:08 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Oops! Here it is.

Attachment: epsidoe i single - quigon cover.jpg
This has been downloaded 881 time(s).

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 06:17 PM
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Holy crap! That was fast...pretty dang good work.

I love the concept, colouring...its great.

The only thing I would like to see altered a bit is the font. Can you use the graphic from the actual CD covers for 'STAR WARS', Example

If you need a scan of one of the covers, that's fine...let me know. Also the color doesn't have to be gold. I almost think a blue-ish silver would look better...but Gold may work in contrast to the green very well.

Likewise, I'm not extremely fond of the font that was used for the balance....although I certianly like the positioning & size. The font seems a bit too stylized, almost in conflict with the beautifully simplistic nature of the art. Whereas the 'Episode I' font from the covers seem a bit more neutral, letting the artwork speak for itself.

I'm not sure what font would look best, but I am thinking of a more simplistic, classic approach like the Episode I style, and not necessarily plain like a standard Arial. Sorry to be a pill...but if you could give me perhaps two font choices, I'd appreciate it.

Once we found a font that works, we can probably use that as a standard for the series.

I think the concept is outstanding, and better than I would have imagined.

PS...you'll be credited as you requested in that PM...and don't worry about deadlines, this is a project that is finished when its finished for myself and the video editor as well...you have every right to work at it when you can.

Thanks for the notes as well, they will be released with the cover on the site.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 11:55 PM