KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Eclipso's sigs

Eclipso's sigs
Started by: Eclipso

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eclipso's sigs

(please log in to view the image)

My fave one so far,

Then I added my logo.

Does it look better with or without the "Eclipso" logo on it?

So how did I do? What do you like? Dislike? And where do I need improvement?

Eclipso's Sigs My Script Sig Duels W:2 L:0

Last edited by Eclipso on Dec 21st, 2006 at 03:35 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 03:27 AM
Eclipso is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipso a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone????

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 04:37 PM
Eclipso is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipso a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 06:45 PM
drewforever

Those are grrreat big grin

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:42 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

And of course:

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 09:39 PM
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Comments anyone????

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:01 PM
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Try blending the text in with overlay or lowering opacity.

What program are you using?

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:58 PM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Photoshop 7

I know it's not the best to use, I'm going program shopping tommorow.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:04 AM
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 03:11 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

hmmm...okay question. Are you making the sigs like: background, effects, adding in stock or renders and text. or are you taking already made images from sites and adding your name? It looks like your "Eclipso" is pasted in.

With that said, try blending your fonts more into the sig. When a font is to large or not blended well enough it can appear to be "to eye catching". and Its distracting from the sig its self, which can be a down fall especially when the sig is done really well.

I really like the 'Zero Hour' One it looks good. I like the colors.

you might like this site : www.dafonts.com They have some really nice down loadable and free wink fonts there. I got the majority of my fonts from that site.

Also try adding boarders to your sigs. It will give them more of a polished look.

this all I can really think of at the moment. But keep up the good work. smile

oh and one more last thing stick out tongue, and I have noticed the glow around your "Eclipso" is a yellowish color. You can change colors which might be useful to you, depending on the color scheme your using wink

Okay- I think thats it. I hope this helpful embarrasment if you have any questions there are a lot of talented people here who can help you smile

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 04:03 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do I add borders? I've looked over the program and I can't find where that is?

I make the sigs and then I paste in my tag on them. But the sigs are my creations.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 04:30 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eclipso
How do I add borders? I've looked over the program and I can't find where that is?

I make the sigs and then I paste in my tag on them. But the sigs are my creations.

okay you can add boarders with the 'stroke' option...I use CS2 so I am thinking PS 7 might be close.

go to edit> stroke> 3px>inside>choose color.

edit> stroke> 2px>inside> color

edit> stroke> 1px>inside> color

I usally just choose two colors and use one color for px 3 and 1 and the diffrent one for px2. but I keep them so they will match the sig and each other.

well your sigs are pretty good for just starting and your backgrounds are awesome!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 04:52 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks it took me a long time to make those sigs.

I know this one isn't my best but I like it anyways,

Obviously your very knowledgble about this, who else on the site is a good reasource?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:03 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

I think its good smile

hmmm, well there is: Lana, Barker, ThePittman,Kitay,Amity75,Thorin, Piggle Humsy just to name a few stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:17 AM
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks, I'll ask around. If you have any other advice for me at any point feel free. And be as blunt as need be, I can handle it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:36 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll co-sign most of Raven's comments. Also check the signature resources thread and find one of the render sites. All of your images seem fuzzy and/or slightly out of place. Some sharper renders would work wonders.

Also, less is more with text, almost always.

But a good start, and PS7 is near enough to top-of-the-line that you really shouldn't have to worry about getting a new program.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:45 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eclipso
Photoshop 7

I know it's not the best to use, I'm going program shopping tommorow.

Photoshop 7 is a fine software to use, there's nothing wrong with it. I recommend doing a few tutorials and pick up techniques from those.
Photoshop is a powerful tool if you learn how to use it well.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:45 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks guys, I take it from whats being said my main issue is text? People seem to like the backgrounds and all. Yeah I definitely need to sharpen them more, I was thinking that myself. I'm always scared of over sharpening and then they get speckled.

But thank you and I will do the tutorial and pick up some more techniques.

Thank you for being honest with me and I really appreciate it allot.

If anyone else has any comments I am open to them as well. It's the only way we learn after all.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:49 AM
Peach
mordrem

I think you should leave off your 'tag' or whatever it is. It looks really bad and out of place on most of your sigs.

PS7 is only two versions behind the newest version of Photoshop, which is one of the most powerful programs there is and the industry standard in photo editing and manipulating; it's what I currently use since my laptop with PSCS2 on it is currently not really working right. It just takes time to learn. Check out some of the tutorial sites linked in the Resource thread.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm goona work on more today, If you happen to see one you think is good enough for a duel let me know cause those look fun.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:36 PM