KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » I cobble together images to create cohesive pieces of digital art known as "sigs"

I cobble together images to create cohesive pieces of digital art known as "sigs"
Started by: Scribble

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

I cobble together images to create cohesive pieces of digital art known as "sigs"

Sometimes I use photoshop. Sometimes I don't.

When I do use photoshop, sometimes I create horrific abominations of science. Other times, I make small but cohesive pieces of digital art known as signatures. Sometimes I work on them for extended periods of time and other times I knock them out in seconds. Either way, it's a fun past-time and I enjoy it to a degree. Sometimes people ask me to make signatures for them. Sometimes I oblige. Sometimes, they even turn out okay.

I take requests.

I know this forum is mostly dead now so the vague attempt at humour above is probably utterly wasted, but I don't try to be funny to get laughs. I do it for my own amusement. Much like my approach to signature making.

Here are some of these so-called sigs.

(please log in to view the image)

I made this one for \\W//:

Made these two for a friend, many years back:

This one is also pretty old, obviously, since I made it when the game first came out:

These two I made for a forum with more liberal signature sizes:

Now GTFO

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 06:27 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Made this for mitchypoopoo

Attachment: formitch1.jpg
This has been downloaded 105 time(s).

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 06:47 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I made this one for Quincy:

And this one is for me.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 08:06 PM
Scribble

Another Grimes one:

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 08:25 PM
Scribble

I made this one for Axel and he chose to use a shitty low-res thing he found on google instead. Bitter? You bet I am.

And I made this one for MG, but I don't know if she's going to end up using it. Not bitter about that, it's MG, who could be annoyed at her?

I want to make more segmented sigs.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:15 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

GREAT SIGS SCRIBS THE BEST BY FAR EVER I AM ABSOLUTELY AMAZED AT THE QUALITY HERE OMG!

love my sig never gonna change it, unless you make me another one of course.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:21 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I agree, ****ing awesome sigs – Screezus, you da man! You're like the Michelangelo of sigmaking, the Dali and the Picasso, the Beatles of online forum art, the Bob Dylan of small images that appear at the bottom of people's posts, the God of, well, everything. I love you Screezy, you da man, keep up the good work, and – stay cool, Screez. Stay solid.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 07:40 PM
StanTheMan
_________

Lovin the Better Call Saul one, make me a new one. I'm an feeling exotic one for spring .cow

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 04:30 AM
StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Very nice work!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 12:27 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Very nice work!
Thanks mg, I do my best!
quote: (post)
Originally posted by StanTheMan
Lovin the Better Call Saul one, make me a new one. I'm an feeling exotic one for spring .cow
I'll cook up something bizarre and colourful for you son anything in particular? I forgot about that Fry one, still gives me a chuckle .cow

Just made this one for Quincy:

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 07:28 PM
Scribble

Latest batch:

This one is for mitchypoops

This one's for Axel

And this one is for me

Oh I'ma take this opportunity to pay some dues, when I make sigs I find my biggest influences are Piggle Humsy – she's made me some cracking sigs in the past, Scythe – he's got a great sense of dynamics and is also very inventive, and Dyno aka ScarletSpeed, who never failed to make me sigh with joy at his beautiful use of colour and texture.

Last edited by Scribble on Mar 15th, 2015 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2015 02:05 AM
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

Piggle Humsy and Scythe are pretty awesome. thumb up

You should add this one that you made for me to your gallery. I love it!

made by Scribble

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 03:14 AM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I think I defo should! I'm glad you like it

Here's the one I made for Ms Chelle:

And then this is a Birdman one I made for myself a couple days ago:

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 11:37 AM
StanTheMan
_________

Surprise me .cow

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:32 PM
StanTheMan is currently offline Click here to Send StanTheMan a Private Message Find more posts by StanTheMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StanTheMan
_________

Maybe get some camels involved

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:32 PM
Scribble

I'll defo get them cams involved somehow

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 11:32 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Honored to hear you take inspiration from Piggles, Dyno and I. I'm just glad to see someone taking requests for people here. It may be slow but it's still a nice feature to have. For the longest it was just myself making sigs for for newbs that never even stuck around and the KMC regulars, then more sig makers started popping up and it's great to see that.

You also have some great stuff in here, I really love it. Keep doing what you do, more power to ya.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 06:05 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Hey, thanks Scythe! I just enjoy messing about on Photoshop and seeing what happens really, and when I'm doing it for other people it gives me a bit of a challenge, which is always fun. Glad you like 'em, man!

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 06:23 PM
Scythe
The Goat

For sure, man. I'll be dropping by time and time again to see what you've come up with it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 07:29 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Hey dude, If its not too much trouble, could you make me a sig? I wouldn't ask you if I knew how to make a good one myself.

Particularly with the Warrior of Light again, only this time twice as good, since you'll be the one doing it.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 20th, 2015 11:02 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote