KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing vs Colossus

Who wins. Colossus or the Thing
This poll is closed.
Colossus 6 60.00%
Thing 4 40.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thing vs Colossus
Started by: kal-el

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Smile Colossus V Thing

It seems both these characters are similar in strength and weight and both have a big fan base so if you're a fan of either, say what you think!
Organic Steel or Orange Rock?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 06:41 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I already told you, i'm going goin with Orange Rock....GO THING!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 06:51 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

YES!!a reply!!You go with you're rock man. colussus is the real deal man of steel!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 06:59 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

you see that link old buddy!2-1!HA!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 10:01 PM
Obviously

When you factor in that the Fantastic Four have been around long before Colossus became an X-Man and they've faced down the most dangerous cosmic threats in the universe, I have to go with Thing for his experience and strength. He's fought the Hulk on several occasions with close fights. Colossus might win, and I think I like Colossus more than the everlovin' blue eyed Thing, but Thing is more of a brawler and he'd hang in until Piotr Rasputin throws in the towel.

This being if Colossus was still alive today, *sniff*

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 01:13 AM
Obviously is currently offline Click here to Send Obviously a Private Message Find more posts by Obviously Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

THe ThIng.. Hes a classic..

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 09:58 PM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blade Cutter
Le Senior Membero Poonta!

there even in strenght but Thing duz not give up even when he knows he is out muched.In a long fight Thing wins.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 07:25 PM
Blade Cutter is currently offline Click here to Send Blade Cutter a Private Message Find more posts by Blade Cutter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

the Thing vs Colossus

ok first the tale of the tape

Colossus
(please log in to view the image)

Height: (normal) 6 ft. 6 in. (armored) 7 ft. 5 in.
Weight: (normal) 250 lbs. (armored) 500 lbs.
Eyes: Blue, (transformed) Silver
Hair: Black

Strength Level: In his normal human form Peter Rasputin possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. As Colossus he can left (press) at least 70 tons under optimal conditions.

Special Skills: Talented artist in drawing and painting

Known Superhuman Powers: Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance, granting him superhuman strength and a high degree of resistance to bodily harm. This substance, resembling organic steel, is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel. He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form for an as yet undetermined amount of time. (The longest time he has remained in armored form so far has been five days). Once in his armored form he remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form. While in his armored state, Colossus possesses the same degree of mobility that he does in his normal form.

The process by which Colossus transforms himself to armored form and back (including his gain of additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force) remains unknown. Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted or not. Even his eyes become steel-like; his eyeballs can withstand and deflect the impact of a .45 caliber bullet.

In his armored form Colossus is highly resistant to most forms of bodily harm. His armor is capable of withstanding ballistic penetration, including that of a 110 millimeter Howitzer shell. He could survive a collision with a loaded, one-ton flatbed truck at 100 miles per hour or an explosion of 450 pounds of TNT. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 Fahrenheit. However, it is theorized that above the latter temperature, his armored form would begin to melt. Colossus's armored form cannot rust under normal Earth conditions.

Colossus is in unusually fine physical health, permitting the transition back and forth from his normal organic flesh state to his armored form to occur with minimal stress on his system. His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 06:38 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

the Thing

(please log in to view the image)

Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 500 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: (in fluman form) Brown, (as the Thing) None
Unusual features: The Thing's body is covered with an orange, flexible, rock-like hide. The Thing has no apparent neck. He has only four fingers (including the thumb) on each hand and four toes on each foot. The increase in the volume of his fingers has not decreased his manual dexterity. His skin is apparently susceptible to "drying "or what in a normal human being would be called loss of skin oil, for his skin can be "chipped" under certain circumstances. The Thing has no outer ear structure.

Strength Level: The Thing possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) 85 tons. The Thing's strength grew considerably over the initial years of his career. At one early point in his life as the Thing, for example, he could only lift (press) 5 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Thing possesses superhuman strength, endurance, and durability. The mutagenic, specific-frequency cosmic ray bombardment caused his musculature, bone structure, internal organ composition, soft tissue structure, and skin to greatly increase in toughness and density. The Thing can exert himself at high levels for about an hour before the build-up of fatigue poisons in his blood impairs his strength. His reflexes have remained at their above average human levels despite his greater mass. The Thing's lungs are of greater volume and efficiency than a normal man's, enabling him to hold his breath underwater for up to nine minutes, The Thing's five senses can withstand greater amounts of sensory stimuli than he could when he was a normal human being, with no reduced sensitivity.

The Thing's body is able to withstand extremes of temperature from -75° to 800° Fahrenheit for up to an hour before exposure or heat prostration occurs. He can withstand the explosive effects of armor-piercing bazooka shells (15 pounds of high explosives) against his skin with no injury. He is still susceptible to colds, disease, and emotional stress.

Unlike in the case of the Hulk, the Thing has suffered no loss of intelligence or change in personality in his transformation into his monstrous form.

Abilities: The Thing is a brilliant pilot of aircraft. He has had a great deal of experience at hand-to-hand combat, and was a formidable opponent in physical combat even before becoming the Thing.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 06:40 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

I say the Thing, the Strength is about even so is the Durability but I think Thing is a better fighter. he has faced Hulk plenty of times. Thing wins IMO

Old Post May 1st, 2004 06:42 AM
Iron-man

Thing all the way

Old Post May 1st, 2004 06:52 AM
Iron-man is currently offline Click here to Send Iron-man a Private Message Find more posts by Iron-man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Colssus is more durable man thing and is infact stronger. He lifts 100tonnes(but no more).I know the directory says 70 tonnes but trust me its wrong. His reactions are faster than normal when armoured too, so thing has no advantage there.This is a great fight and both guys have very big hearts, and never give up. Tough call but I'm gonna say the big russian

Old Post May 1st, 2004 09:58 AM
Loot

i was gonna say the thing, but after reading kal post, if colossus is more strong and durable, i have to choose him.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 11:08 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Colossus.

Although collossus is dead, so thing would win

Old Post May 1st, 2004 12:07 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

This is a case where strength is not the determinante factor. Colossus is a 100 ton and Thing 85. The thing is still near impossible to damage under all that brick. It becomes a challenge of training and Ben is the better fighter. Over a perlong period of time who is more likely to have keep their focus. That advantage i would give to old blue eyes.
Just my opinion.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:19 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Thing. He has more experience.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 04:45 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Difficult one. I can see them both win.

Thing has more experience, but Colossus is more durable (and has been trained by Wolverine). I know Thing is a good fighter and I'm the last one to underestimate him, but according to me, Colossus uses his brains more than "it's clobbering time" Thing.

But then again, I would say that Thing wins, because he doesn't know what the words "give up" and "quit" mean (he never cared that much for dictionaries stick out tongue). That guy just keeps coming !

It depends entirely on the writer and the story, because they're too equal.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 05:07 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

no writer on the planet would write a strory where Colossus would win...Stan Lee would have them fired smile...I love colossus...but Grimm is in my top 3 favorites...so i might be biases...yes colossus strength has increases as he has gotten older...He is not superhuman level 100 though...maybe in ultimate x-men...but if u want to compare him to the thing in ultimate fantastic four go ahead, he is nothing like the original, he is not a pilot, and he is not 6 feet tall...he's an 8 foot tall monster...we havent seen how strong he is yet cuz there have only been four issues and he hasnt fought anyone...as for the regular fantastic four's Thing...he is in Heaven right now, if ur familiar, Doom possessed his body and Reed had to kill Grimm to save Johnny Storms life and the lives of hundreds of soldiers....additionally, the thing is no longer still superhuman 85...why do i say this? because he is constantly getting stronger by the more radiation he absorbs...apparently fighting all those cosmic baddies exposes him to the stuff...proof?...the thing has gone back in time and beat the sh1t out of his old self on more than one occasion stating "Im older than you, Ive absorbed more cosmic rays" when explaining why he was so much stronger...additionally Reed Richards has said that thing doesnt weigh 500lbs anymore...but over 700lbs....he would have to gain strength as he gains this weight...I dont know how colossus powers work, i dont think they have developed him as much to clarify, but there really isnt another strong guy as developed as the thing....the thing works out...his strength works just like a regular man's that he gets stronger from weight training...in fact he was recently shown lifting over 85 tons and breaking the machine applying the weight...does colossus' strength do this too?....present thing is stronger than present colossus....even though they r both dead....but the thing will be back unlike colossus...ultimate FF thing's strength is undetermined but he is at least bigger than Ultimate Colossus, who is also a very strong and bad ass mutant.

Old Post May 1st, 2004 07:59 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

but concerning who would win in a fight, colosss is in no way on the same level of fighting as the thing, even if wolverine gives him a few lessons...Wolverine and human Ben Grimm fought in the army together...like his bio says, he was a great fighter even before he became the thing..does anyone remember when champion wanted to fight all the great heroes from earth...Thor and the Hulk were disqualified, Thor because he couldnt be separated from Mjolnir and Hulk because he was a raging brute...however....most all the big named strong guys fought him....colossus got trashed though...although he lasted longer than almost everyone else (everyone but one guy)...he was all bruised up and appeared to even be bleeding if my memory is right?...ya bruised up steel...he couldnt even defend himself at all from Champion's punches...so who was able to go toe to toe the longest?...The Thing, even though he was eventual all bruised and bleeding too...this fight went for a very long time and the Thing never quit...colossus has put up a fight against Gladiator, but was knocked out...The Gladiator took the thing by surprise too and punched him through about 40 cars...threw him through the baxter building....and then hit him with a bus...knocking him out...but he was back and at full strength in about 5 minutes, punching the bus far into the air with one arm...then he fought a colossus doppleganger...a skrull imposter who was supposed to be tougher than the real colossus...he hit Captain America in the shield and Cap went flying....the thing was beating him, but when he found out he was a skrull he no longer held back and totally demolished him...how about the Hulk? has colossus ever been able to go toe to toe with him...Colossus has fared very well against the juggernaut i will say that...the Juggernaut downed the thing in 3 blows in the secret wars II...but i think this was just horendous writing...regardless, present day thing and present day colossus are a lot stronger than they used to be and I think they would be a very good fight if colossus ever comes back to life...but i would still honestly give it to the Thing for being a far better fighter and basically the toughest most strong of will fighter in Marvel

Old Post May 1st, 2004 08:15 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Wynndar, you have made some good points, and I agree with most of them, but I still believe that Colossus also could win from the Thing.

You're right when you write that Colossus was knocked down by the Gladiator, but that's a bit unfair, because you make it seem that it took the Gladiator only one punch. That's not true, they fought a while, but eventually Colossus lost. Like most people will do, when fighting Gladiator, even the Thing.

The difference in strength between the two isn't, in my opinion, that much (not enough to be a deciding factor) but I'm convinced that organic steel is much tougher than organic rock. That could Colossus give an edge.

I don't say Colossus will win, I just say (and said) that he has a fair chance. He's no pushover and a good fighter.

I wrote it in my previous message that I don't underestimate the Thing, he has proven himself lots of times. And he never gives up. But I have the impression that people underestimate Colossus, because he's not the macho kind. He's soft and gentle, likes to paint, doesn't show off with his powers and isn't that fond of fighting.

Imagine the same guy with the exact same powers, but with a bad-ass reputation. I'm sure that, in that case, more people will vote Colossus the winner, how stupid it may sound.

I just want to point out that I suspect that lots of people think : Oh, Colossus, that soft Russian farmerboy against the famous streetwise all-american "clobbering time" loud-mouth Thing, well, of course the Thing would win, because he's our Thing.

So I will repeat myself : they can both win, and it depends entirely on the writer and the story. Doesn't it always ?

Old Post May 1st, 2004 09:36 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote