KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs Captain America

Batman vs Captain America
Started by: shadejford

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shadejford

Cap vs. Bats

Some users think Captain America is stronger, faster and a better warrior than Batman. The term "Super-Soldier Serum" is kind of a misnomer. That serum just upgraded Steve Rogers' body and reflexes to the peak of human physical perfection. Bruce Wayne upgraded his body to this same peak of perfection through long, intense, consistent training. Both men have mastered all known forms of human combat. Mentally, Batman has the edge for,unlike Cap, Batman is a realist while Cap is a dreamer. Captain America represents the American Dream while Batman represents the American Reality.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 10:29 PM
shadejford is currently offline Click here to Send shadejford a Private Message Find more posts by shadejford Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Re: Cap vs. Bats

quote:
Originally posted by shadejford
Captain America represents the American Dream while Batman represents the American Reality.

Very nicely put cool

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 10:34 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Very Deep man cool

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 10:37 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

yeah, batman is much smarter and has a lot more toys then a shield. if u read any batman novel (best: batman knightfall novel) u really will see how far more superior batman is. and personally i think that he is better physically too, in the way how he was trainded to never give up and if he has to he will stay awake for 14 nights he will, without even showing a small bit of tiredness. mentally he is far more superior, using his enviorment or weapons or even if he is left handed or right handed, he will use these things and what ever he can think of to his advantage

Last edited by batmanrules on Nov 17th, 2003 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 11:31 PM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

All i can say is read Avengers/JLA crossover #2 in which Batman and Captain America square off and BM admits to CAp that Cap can beat him but that it would take him a long while to do so

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 11:47 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

obviously the author didnt know batman well, batman isnt suppose to admit weakness over another, he knows that if the other new that he is a lesser person then the other person would use it as an advantage. i dont want it to sound like captain america sux, i know that he would put up an excelent fight, just that batman is better. and remember that i wont argue in a vs forum without knowing both characters inside and out.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:12 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

quote:
Originally posted by batmanrules
yeah, batman is much smarter and has a lot more toys then a shield. if u read any batman novel (best: batman knightfall novel)

yeah I really liked that one, I have part 2 and 3, I read 1 but never bought it. I think DK returns is better wink

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 12:17 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Well BatmanRules to his defense Kurt Busiek has plenty experience in the comic book industry as a writer to simply NOT know abot BM plus the artist George Perez worked in JLA with Batman in it for quiet a while for him NOT to know about BM. But also im no defending Cap since its my belief that given time BM can beat anyone.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 03:08 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i choose brain over brawn, bats rulz!!!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:04 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Well BatmanRules to his defense Kurt Busiek has plenty experience in the comic book industry as a writer to simply NOT know abot BM plus the artist George Perez worked in JLA with Batman in it for quiet a while for him NOT to know about BM. But also im no defending Cap since its my belief that given time BM can beat anyone.

o i didnt know that he wrote it, sorry i take back what i said

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 05:21 AM
Spawnie

I don't know, I can't pick cuz Shadejford has a good point. Maybe Captain A. on a long run, but still I think even Batsie could pull it off.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 02:11 PM
Spawnie is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnie a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eidolon

I could see Batman telling Cap that he could be him for a couple of reasons: 1st Batman could be trying to use phycology on Cap to make him overconfident (unlikly it'd work on someone as experience as Cap) or 2nd reason Batman discovers enough about Cap to know Cap wouldn't really gain much in knowing it.

As far as brains goes Bats superior scientic brain wouldn't have that much of an effect during the fight. It would come down to fighting skill, physical power (strength, endurance, speed, ect...), and reasourcfulness. And to go against what most or you are saying I think Cap would win cause all he has in fights in his skills, shield, and ability to use the enviorment better than Bats cause Bats is more reliant on Gadgets in a fight than Cap is.

Think about it Cap has probably fought more opponets just as powerful as Batman's with just his physical skills, shield, tactics, and using whats around him.
Batman has fought his own share of powerful villians and relies heavily on his physical skills, tactics, and his surroundings, however he also relies on having gadgets, which probably means he's not quite as reasourceful as Cap.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 06:50 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

i dont know man, batman has had his belt taken away alot, whenever he has he relies on alot more. example, when riddler took his belt away in the comic and stuck him in that inexcapeable flooding room, bats found away. not that this would help him in a fight, its just that he doesnt rely on his belt that much.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 07:44 PM
super pr*xy

brains: batman
endurance: batman, but cap will come close
brawn: captain america

batman has an advantage... he thinks while he fights... he notices everything... before the fist fight starts, bats already started working on the psychological part... he makes it a point to know who he is fighting...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 09:49 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eidolon

Yeah Batman is still incrediable reasourceful even without his belt and/or other gadgets, but the thing is Batman made the gadgets to take with him to fights with the intent that he'll use them. If he's ever without his gadgets it's cause they were taken from him or he's caught in a situation where he doesn't have them at hand (which by the way shows he's not prepared for everything and has been outmanuvared).

In the case of him not having his gadgets he resorts to total use of his surroundings like you all say (and he does well), but what I'm saying is that that is pertty much how Cap fights all the time, besides his sheild. Also Batman may be much smarter book wise, but Cap is probably more intelligent in combate situations and I think more experienced in fights.

It'd definetly be a close fight cause they're pertty much equal physically, in combate situations I think Caps got a slight lead for making tactical desisions, but Bats has more weapons at his disposal. So the only way to say who'd win would be whatever the outcome of the Cap vs Bats comic had for their fight (I never saw/read it) since both are comic heros only a comic of their fight would solve it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 10:38 PM
Eidolon is currently offline Click here to Send Eidolon a Private Message Find more posts by Eidolon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by ab012f9448
Very Deep man cool

I agree, very deep

Blade

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:45 AM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
All i can say is read Avengers/JLA crossover #2 in which Batman and Captain America square off and BM admits to CAp that Cap can beat him but that it would take him a long while to do so

Well i prefer the Amalgam comic version where Batman defeats Cap big grin

I really do like Cap but I think Batman would be the more resourceful combatant. I have some great pics of Bats and Cap battling/teaming up but i'm not at home right now so i'll post them later.

Blade

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:50 AM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by batmanrules
i dont know man, batman has had his belt taken away alot, whenever he has he relies on alot more. example, when riddler took his belt away in the comic and stuck him in that inexcapeable flooding room, bats found away. not that this would help him in a fight, its just that he doesnt rely on his belt that much.

Yeah, that was the old superfriends days where B&R didn't have a clue when they lost their belts. The show just made that equivelant to Superman's kryptonite. The Belt does not make the Bat

I like the animated series when Ras Al Ghul's henchmen take Batman's belt and they thought it rendered him powerless but man were they wrong.

Blade

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:56 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

isn't batman older than the cap? so, that means he has more battle experience. also, caps mutation killed him in the end since his body couldn't take it. from what i saw in x-evo "operation rebirth".

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 06:28 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
isn't batman older than the cap? so, that means he has more battle experience. also, caps mutation killed him in the end since his body couldn't take it. from what i saw in x-evo "operation rebirth".

If i'm not mistaken, Cap is from the WWII era and he's been cryogenically frozen so that makes him older than bats but I think his time thawed out and Bat's age are roughly equal. Anyone feel free to correct me, i'm not the authority on Cap.

Attachment: b4.jpg
This has been downloaded 663 time(s).

Blade

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 04:29 PM