KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Gladiator.

Superman vs Gladiator.
Started by: Alpha Centauri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman Vs Gladiator.

I did a search and none of these topics came up. So.....

Who wins? Why? WHY I SAY?!

Gladiator is a possible Supes rip-off but then again Doomsday is a rip-off but we debated him Vs Hulk.

So Superman/Gladiator...

Discuss.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:35 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

difficul, they have almost the same powers. I donīt know if they have the same speed or strenght. If they do, iīm gonna say gladiator, because he donīt need the sun to use is powers, if heīs able to take superman far away from the sun, the fight ends. And i think gladiator can survive in space without breeding (not sure on this one).
But if we forget the sun/space thing i think superman would win.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:45 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Lol, I just wrote in another thread that Gladiator is the Superman of Marvel. Didn't know I was telepathic.

1. Superman vs Gladiator from Marvel : Superman wins, because I think he's a little bit stronger and more durable, but I'm not certain. But Gladiator will, after a while, lose his self-confidence, and if I'm not mistaken, that has something to do with the source of his powers.

So, after a long and hard fight, Superman wins. Way to go, Kal-El.

2. Superman vs Gladiator from Ridley Scott : Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions (and so on) will bite the dust after an incredible short battle. But he still is cooler big grin.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:45 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator...because Superman is a dick

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:47 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
difficul, they have almost the same powers. I donīt know if they have the same speed or strenght. If they do, iīm gonna say gladiator, because he donīt need the sun to use is powers, if heīs able to take superman far away from the sun, the fight ends. And i think gladiator can survive in space without breeding (not sure on this one).
But if we forget the sun/space thing i think superman would win.

LMAO

big grinbig grin No offense, norrin radd, but you said something funny (typo in your fourth sentence). big grinbig grin

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 05:50 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahahaha yeah I thought that was funny too.

Not as funny as Manowar's but funny.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:07 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
Lol, I just wrote in another thread that Gladiator is the Superman of Marvel. Didn't know I was telepathic.

1. Superman vs Gladiator from Marvel : Superman wins, because I think he's a little bit stronger and more durable, but I'm not certain. But Gladiator will, after a while, lose his self-confidence, and if I'm not mistaken, that has something to do with the source of his powers.

So, after a long and hard fight, Superman wins. Way to go, Kal-El.

2. Superman vs Gladiator from Ridley Scott : Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions (and so on) will bite the dust after an incredible short battle. But he still is cooler big grin.

Naw i still say maximus can take supes

As of gladiator the marvel character, this is hard to say, because the few appearances i have of him he does similar tasks and actions that supes does. there is no real understanding on gladiators powers, only that he is seemingly limitless in brute strength. I know for a fact that gladiator has fought enemies as equally deadly and maybe a just a little more threatning,thgouh juggernaut is not nearly as powerfull as some of supermans enemies, Gladiator did level jugg head with very little attempt. In space Gladiator wins, because yeah he doesnt need to breath and this is basically his battle grounds, on a planet i would say superman, i would also say that superman has far more experience, and i believe supes is faster. It took Gladiator 3 days to get from mars to earth

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

3 days from Mars to Earth is no way slow, even if Supes would do it faster.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx

no i wasnt saying it is slow, but superman did go around our galaxy in a week

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:33 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

i say gladiator loses after he realizes supes is on par with him, and his self confidence statrs to decline.i wondlnt say supes has more experiance seeing as how gladiators a trained soldier, but supes is definitly faster.

Never stray from the comon line.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:35 PM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i was just saying superman has more experience that we know of. Gladiator probably has been in situations that superman doesnt even know that are possible, but we dont know of them so just assuming isnt proof enough

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:39 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Yawn....Superman.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:39 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to go with Superman in the long run even though Gladiator is one of my favourite characters.

Maybe they'll join up in terms of who has the corniest costume.

Although Gladiator IS really cool looking. More imposing and intimidating than Superman anyway.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:41 PM
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

well neither Glads nor Supes are one of my favorite characters...but i despise Superman with every fiber of my soul!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:45 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

superman

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 06:47 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

this is a difficult matchup becasue its a known fact that Gladiator is a precise archetype of superman.his real name is Kallark for crying out loud! they just changed a few minute details so that they dont look corny(marvel that is). his hyperbole is he can move planets and fly thru the hearts of stars, and unlike superman whose speed is not readily accepted by anyone. anywhere you look it will state that Gladiator is capable of achieveing faster than light speeds(warp speed)

Regardless, I guess I would have to pick Superman cuz his power isnt rooted in will power, but he has the strongest will, and after a long battle seeing that his opponent is matching him blow for blow Gladiators willpower, will diminsh.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 07:13 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
LMAO

big grinbig grin No offense, norrin radd, but you said something funny (typo in your fourth sentence). big grinbig grin

yes indeed, thats what i get for fast typing. Well i just wanted to say (and i know you understand) that gladiator can survive in space and superman canīt. gladiator can live without oxygen, food and water, and superman cannot. Still i donīt know if this is truth.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 07:16 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

superman would win but he is a lame character

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 07:19 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"unlike superman whose speed is not readily accepted by anyone"

I accept his speed. I just know it's a cheap power to give someone that already has what he has.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 07:47 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

ok i agree

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 07:55 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote