KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs Doomsday

Thanos vs Doomsday
Started by: Krissy Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Thanos vs Doomsday

Okay. I think it can be said, without debate, that Thanos can take down Doomsday at least once. But would Doomsday eventually beat Thanos or would Thanos be able to figure out a way to permanently kill Doomsday?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 11:43 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Well if anyone could, it would be Thanos.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 12:45 PM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Is it even possible to permanently kill Doomsday?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 02:48 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I'm going to say no.

Although I personally feel that if anyone stands a good chance against Doomsday, it would be Thanos. The fact of the matter is that Darkseid would be a good match up for Thanos, and Darkseid got his own ass handed to him by Doomsday. Nearly to the point of being killed.

Doomsday wins. But that's head to head. If Thanos gets some prep time, he'd most definitly be able to find a scheme for defeating Doomsday.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:04 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Darkseid was nearly killed? I just thought he was hit from behind or something.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:11 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

nah he got owned big time. On Apokalypse no less. Doomsday and the Cyborg Superman pretty much took over the whole planet, but Superman came and saved Darkseid.

Then Darkseid used the OmegaBeams to take down the Cyborg, and Superman got all suped up in some new outfit that was enhanced by some MotherBrain computer.

Doomsday gave Superman's forearm a compound fracture just by grabbing it. But the computer came to his rescue.

Superman was beaten on all levels until they threw Doomsday to the end of time. Weak tactic really.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:27 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

This was after Superman killed Doomsday after their second fight? How did he do that anyway, I didn't read it.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:29 PM
Linkalicious

1st time they fight Superman Dies.

2nd time. Doesn't Cyborg Superman beat Doomsday and imprison him on an asteroid?

Then this would be their 3rd time. I'm fuzzy on Superman/Doomsday, i just know Superman is AFRAID of him. They liken it to Supes being a 7 year old boy who's afraid fo the boogieman.

Doomsday kicks the crap out of Superman physically, then one of those guys who's in charge of Time Travel breaks his promise to not interfere with the events in time...until finally something happens to make him help Superman.

Then he opens a portal and sends Doomsday to the end of time where he's trapped there.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:36 PM
wrathofachilles

I thought Superman *regular one* killed Doomsday in their second fight, for some reason the tactic of shoving a bone through his skull or something is sticking out of my mind....wow, that pun actually worked. Keep in mind I didn't read it, I just thought I heard about it.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:41 PM
Linkalicious

i haven't read when Superman Kills Doomsday, but i'm quite sure that he has done so.

I would love someone with atleast some Supe knowledge to come in here with some comic numbers to reference.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 04:46 PM
wrathofachilles

Yeah, but it wouldn't matter. I'm not buying them, lol. Wish they had a site where you could read them *with pictures.* But I imagine that would decrease comic values.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 05:27 PM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Supes did kill Doomsday, right before he himself died in the Death of Superman comic book.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:18 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Superman kills Doomsday the second time in a TPB called...oh shit, I don't remember. I ****ing saw it on the shelves last week! Superman vs Doomsday, or Superman/Doomsday: Dead Again! or some shit like that.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:33 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
Darkseid was nearly killed? I just thought he was hit from behind or something.

he was kind of hit from behind. he used a form of his omega beams on doomsday and thought he had defeated him. as he walked away doomsday sprang from the rubble and beat him senseless....

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:44 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Superman kills Doomsday the second time in a TPB called...oh shit, I don't remember. I ****ing saw it on the shelves last week! Superman vs Doomsday, or Superman/Doomsday: Dead Again! or some shit like that.

find out -for sure- what the issue/issues are called. i'd like to pick them up.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 11:45 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

I think there are some stark contrasts in Thanos and Darkseid concerning their powers and their strategy in battle. They are both way up there in intelligence, but I think that Thanos' intelligence has been described a little further in detail. I find it odd that Darkseid underestimated an opponent the way he did against Doomsday. I doubt Thanos would simply underestimate an opponent's shear strength, durability, endurance, and over all power. Darkseid seemed a little too pompous as usual...hubris is generally the downfall of almost every DC villain. Darkseid doesnt often fight opponents more powerful than himslef. Thanos has fought Odin and Tyrant, those fights only served to boost my opinion of him. However, the Doomsday loss leaves me dissapointed in Darkseid. I dont think Thanos would underestimate Doomsday...I dont think he would have to engage him in a direct fight the way Supes and Darkseid have. Even if he did, Thanos stood up to Odin and Tyrant...his fight with Tyrant demonstrates that he is simply one of the most resilient characters in Marvel...Doomsday cannot replicate the strength or destruction of Tyrant

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:52 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Doomsday Has knocked out Darkseid before and Darkseid and Thanos seemed to be on equal ground in Dc vs. Marvel so I'll go with Doomsday.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 06:55 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

my point was that I think Thanos is superior to Darkseid in power...and obviously the better strategist...giving him the edge against Doomsday. I dont think that marvel vs dc really demonstrated anything. The Thanos/Darkseid battle did not reveal anything and it didnt explore either characters powers or strategy (the same goes for almost all the fights in the cross over). Furthermore it was fan based and not credible at all

Old Post Oct 20th, 2004 07:07 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

You're right, Even though the two share many simularities, Thanos is the noticeably the more powerful of the two. I'm not saying he'd win a fight, Darkseid is never to be counted out as is the nature of his character and his abilities. Either way when it comes to personal power the Titan outclasses Darkseid.

However, I think you are also underestimating Doomsday. And whild Darkseid may be pompus, it is called the Omega Beam for a reason.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 09:16 AM
mikalv1224

I think thanos has an awesome chance of slaughtering doomsday for a while

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 12:12 AM
mikalv1224 is currently offline Click here to Send mikalv1224 a Private Message Find more posts by mikalv1224 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote