KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Beyonder (secret wars version) VS The Living Tribunal

The Beyonder (secret wars version) VS The Living Tribunal
Started by: Mider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mider

Miffed The Beyonder (secret wars version) VS The Living Tribunal

Okay who would win if the original beyonder as in the one who captured all the earths hero's and most deadly villians even Galactus by the way he kicked Galactus ass later......well what if he had to fight the Living Tribunal. The Living Tribunal is a being that could stop the infinity gauntlet in its tracks while the original Beyonder even killed Death at one point.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 12:12 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

There's a thread already on this.

Forever Young...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 12:13 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

the living tribunal would win against anyone, he just thinks it and they no longer exist. he is basicaly god

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 12:14 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
picoico

Basically, as of the end of SWII, the reader was left with the impression that all other cosmic beings, including LT (explicitly mentioned, mind you), were afraid of the Beyonder. Molecule Man was telling this to his girl friend.

However, in a bunch of FF issues, dubbed secret wars III, we learn that in fact that was all a ruse. Beyonder's just another cosmic cube on par with Shaper, Kubik, Kosmos, etc.

In Marvel Universe: The End, Thanos (when he is in possession of the power of TOAA - really lame imho), he refers to the living tribunal as THE top entity in the universe.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 12:21 AM
picoico is currently offline Click here to Send picoico a Private Message Find more posts by picoico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

Yes. But going by the rules of this thread, Beyonder would win. The original Beyonder surpassed LT, who was unable to prevent Beyonder's actions.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 01:14 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

I think they should have just left The Beyonder as powerful as he was in the beginning who cares if he was more powerful then the LT, The Beyonder died anyway so the LT doesnt have any competition anymore, they should have let him die in peace instead of making him a lesser character and making his life a lie.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 04:07 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Lack of action does not equal inability to act. The Living Tribunal never acts unless something threatens the entire multiverse. Beyonder in no way surpassed Living Tribunal, period. This isn't even a subjective argument.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 04:41 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

um , yea he did, the sole purpose of the beyonder to exist is to guaruntee the safety of the entire multiverse, and did u know that the beyonder was plannin to destroy the entire multiverse out of rage, but he was stopped not by LT{not that he didnt try} but by the reasoning of some normal heroes. neway, i think the only reason marvel turned him into a cosmic cube was that they thought that he was TOO powerful, and marvel has never been a fan of GOD figures running about. neway, LT is not the highest power, he was defeated by thanos when he had the HEART OF THE UNIVERSE, the supreme being is THE ONE ABOVE ALL, supposedly, the being that created LT , but did u know that there are infact TRUE beyonders, who can actually do all the stuff that the fake cosmic cube beyonder did, but they dont show themselves much and live in the tue beyond realm, from where the energy which creates cosmic cubes LEAKS oiut of from time to time, neway, im goin on fer too long, my point, a true beyonder can whoop LT's ass.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 01:53 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

umm sorry i meant that the sole purpose of the living tribunal to exist was to guaruntee the safety of the multiverse.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 01:58 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
picoico

quote:
Originally posted by leonheartmm
, but did u know that there are infact TRUE beyonders, who can actually do all the stuff that the fake cosmic cube beyonder did, but they dont show themselves much and live in the tue beyond realm, from where the energy which creates cosmic cubes LEAKS oiut of from time to time, neway, im goin on fer too long, my point, a true beyonder can whoop LT's ass.

The Real Beyonders are a part of the so-called multiverse, and are NOT above LT. The Beyonders are very much like the celestials...performing experiments throughout the universe. I have no idea what their 'role' in the multiverse is (e.g. Celestials are supposed to do Eternity's bidding).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 02:44 PM
picoico is currently offline Click here to Send picoico a Private Message Find more posts by picoico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I agree that they coped out on the beyonder. He could have been the coolest vistitor of the Marvel Universe.
He did whop the whole universe. Maybe he was tricked into the cube but he defeated them all when they were united even without lifting his head.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 04:00 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

dudes check any source and it will say that beyonder is the most powerful being in OUR Universe. Also, it will say that he comprised all of the otherdimensional universe.(that means that his entire body was a universe in itself)yes, we all now that the beyonders are an ancient race from another dimension and blah blah blah, they were the first to create cosmic cubes and the like. it is therefore logical to assume that every other beyonder in any other dimension is the most powerful in THAT dimension. Also, just like LT, he is a single entity. Meaning that any other dimension the beyonders travel to there wont be any parrallel counterparts.LT however, governs over the multiverse,omniverse(whatever you wanna call it) to maintain balance, he was put to the Helm by TOAA. whether this being is an actual entity or a collective cosmic consciousness, we dont know,but even the "orignal" beyonder is no match for LT

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 04:21 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

I never said the Living Tribunal was the highest power. I know The One Above All is his creator, but he's not ever shown. Living Tribunal is the highest Marvel character depicted. He's above Beyonder. Beyonder cannot whim everything out of existence like LT can. Beyonder is a physical being, all physical beings have limitations. LT transcends physical properties. You cannot be more powerful than the judge of the multiverse. That doesn't work.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 04:22 PM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

the LT coundnt even beat Korvac he just locked him up into his own universe Korvac was originally a human and your saying that the Beyonder cant beat LT the LT is a moronic stupid character there is no point of having it thats the whole point of a comic or any story with villians is that the villians have a chance of winning and the good guys have a chance of willing whats the point if the villains win and there comes the mornic LT and just reverses everything The Beyonder was a perfect being to be omnipatent he was neather good or bad.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 05:46 PM
Mider

And the LT cant whim just all existance out he couldnt whim Korvac eighter the Beyonder distoryed an entire Galaxy just to make his own little planet so use your heads.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 05:48 PM
Beyonder

quote:
wrathofachilles

I never said the Living Tribunal was the highest power. I know The One Above All is his creator, but he's not ever shown. Living Tribunal is the highest Marvel character depicted. He's above Beyonder. Beyonder cannot whim everything out of existence like LT can. Beyonder is a physical being, all physical beings have limitations. LT transcends physical properties. You cannot be more powerful than the judge of the multiverse. That doesn't work.

LT did SHIT to stop the Beyonder's actions. He could only watch. The original Beyonder was the most powerful being Marvel ever created. That's why he was recconned to be weaker. Marvel doesn't like GOD-like beings in their comics, that's why they reconned him.

Beyonder wasn't even a physical being in Secret Wars I. He had no form in Secret Wars I. In II, he showed up in a body. However, that doesn't make him lesser than LT who also has a physical form as well.

As for willing someone out of existence, Doom with Beyonder's powers was able to will the heroes out of existence as well. He did everything he wished, they only limitation was that his control was unstable - Beyonder's powers were too much for Doom to handle.

Beyonder was a threat to the multiverse, LT couldn't do a damn thing about it like every other abstract entities. If he could've, he would've since it was his JOB.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 09:41 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
picoico

FOlks, as I said Marvel did a rethink. Prior to Secret Wars III (i.e. the plot run in FF), it was thought that LT was just another cosmic type. After that, Marvel had made him top dog. Marvel Continuity is NOT continuous.

Beyonder WAS the top dog during the day. LT and all the other cosmic types were too SCARED (this is explicitly stated in Secret Wars II #8 and #9, I think), to do squat against him. Only Owen (Molecule Man) had the guts to stand up to him.

Later, when doom, Kubic, Shaper and owen show up in Beyonder's pocket universe (the one where Molecule Man put him in when Beyonder made himself mortal in SW II #9), we find out he's not all that.

I don't know when LT was made top dog, but it certainly was that way as of Thanos Quest, and most recently it has been explicitly stated by Thanos himself in Marvel Universe: The End.

So, original beyonder vs. current LT, I dunno...it's too confusing to tell.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 02:08 AM
Mider

This is kind of off subject but has the LT ever been beaten? I heard that when Thanos had gotten the heart of the universe or something of that nature he finally had enough power to defeat the LT.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 02:56 AM
wrathofachilles

quote:
Originally posted by Mider
the LT coundnt even beat Korvac he just locked him up into his own universe Korvac was originally a human and your saying that the Beyonder cant beat LT the LT is a moronic stupid character there is no point of having it thats the whole point of a comic or any story with villians is that the villians have a chance of winning and the good guys have a chance of willing whats the point if the villains win and there comes the mornic LT and just reverses everything The Beyonder was a perfect being to be omnipatent he was neather good or bad.

LT is a "moronic stupid character" but Beyonder isn't?? Give me a break. Beyonder was the Onslaught of the 80s, one of the worst characters ever written.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 03:03 AM
wrathofachilles

quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder
LT did SHIT to stop the Beyonder's actions. He could only watch. The original Beyonder was the most powerful being Marvel ever created. That's why he was recconned to be weaker. Marvel doesn't like GOD-like beings in their comics, that's why they reconned him.

Beyonder wasn't even a physical being in Secret Wars I. He had no form in Secret Wars I. In II, he showed up in a body. However, that doesn't make him lesser than LT who also has a physical form as well.

As for willing someone out of existence, Doom with Beyonder's powers was able to will the heroes out of existence as well. He did everything he wished, they only limitation was that his control was unstable - Beyonder's powers were too much for Doom to handle.

Beyonder was a threat to the multiverse, LT couldn't do a damn thing about it like every other abstract entities. If he could've, he would've since it was his JOB.

No, he only DID watch. He sat around at watched Thanos with the IG too, doesn't mean he couldn't stop him. It's not his job to stop every little punk who comes along and acts like he's God, he only does so if he's threatening existence. Beyonder didn't do that. Beyonder was a threat to Earth heroes, not to the entire multiverse. Thus it's not LT's job.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 03:05 AM