KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Green Lantern

Superman vs. Green Lantern
Started by: Imperial_Samura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Superman vs. Green Lantern

A bit lop sided? Maybe not. One of the most powerful men in the DC universe vs. a chap wielding one the the most powerful weapons in the DC universe (The GL ring with no weakness). So, what began as an argument over what kind of Pizza toppings to have at the Justice League Christmas party quickly turns into a fight for survival... and Pizza.

Will Superman smash the Lantern, or maybe chuck him into the sun, or just win? Or will the Lantern give Superman a thrashing? Could he make a green Superman? So, who will win...

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 04:48 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

green lantern

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 06:38 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SarKastic_OJ

Hmm, think about it, Green Lantern, trusty soldier of the JL, Superman, leader of JL, hmm I'd go with Kal-EL anyday..

Did you see the Doomsday battle? Dooms took on the "entire" green lantern team AND the JL WITH Green lantern, Dooms whooped all their asses hands down with no problem..Superman came and fought Dooms down to the letter and although dying in the process Kal-EL managed to take Dooms down with him single-handedly, all by himself, so if Superman didn't "show up" the planet would have fell victim to Dooms onslaught...So my point in a nutshell:

Dooms>Green lantern/JLA,Green Lantern team

Superman=Doomsday

Superman>Green Lantern

Face it, Superman's more durable and can take more damage head-on, more-power, more abilities to work with, has more battle smarts, more skill and beaten tougher opponents...Yeah, green has a fancy ring but enemies in the past have found ways to break free of the rings power and clobber him from time to time, one of earth's strongest heroes and Leader of a team with Green lantern on it would also find a way to break free of the rings power and land a blow in which Green wouldn't get up from....Supes wins hands down....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 07:16 PM
SarKastic_OJ is currently offline Click here to Send SarKastic_OJ a Private Message Find more posts by SarKastic_OJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

post removed

Note: I know how you feel, but don't use that language in here, okay?

Last edited by Paola on Dec 22nd, 2004 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 08:31 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i would say supes, but someone said once that GL once created kryptonite with his ring and beat superman.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:35 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FujiFuu
Oiler Fan

wouldn't it depend on the green lantern? I think Hal Jordan at his best, right after he kicks the crap out of all the other green lanterns could beat superman

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 08:18 AM
FujiFuu is currently offline Click here to Send FujiFuu a Private Message Find more posts by FujiFuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

This thread's been done a few times already.

And I think Hal Jordan would be a match (if not more) for Superman.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 10:48 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Hal Jordan before he become Parallax, so when he has destroy the GL Corp, would give Superman a run for his money and probably win after a great battle.Hal possess a great will, fantasy, can enhance his strenght and other physical abilities with his ring like creating an armor around himself and then go smashing Supes, who will stay and fight cause he's not fighting a dumb enemy but Hal Jordan, one of the greatest heroes of DC Universe, i think that the Doomsday battle VS GL Corp show that the are a few GL capable of really use the powers of the ring, like Hal, like Alan Scott, Kyle hasn't got sufficient experiecen and take his role of hero without the sufficient importance, so i don't put him against Supes.
Also Kyle was going to be smacked down by Wonder Man without too much problems, so this match must be Hal Jordan VS Post Crisis Superman.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:08 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

hal kicked supermans a$$ at zero hour. superman has admitted that GL is more powerful than any of the justice league. However, in Red son (admittedly, an elseworlds tale), superman took on an entire league of gl corps and defeated them all. He said something like "it's not too smart to use a thought based weapon against somebody who can move faster than thought"

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 01:51 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

heey...how many green lanterns are there? like in da whole corp

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:26 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Hal would win.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:54 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supes.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:06 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Just reading back, is it true the Green Lantern (say Hal) could create Kryptonite witht he Ring as norrin radd said?

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:08 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

supes would trash kyle... as for hal... thats a tough one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

when did Doomsday friggin fight the GL corps???

i want that friggin issue/issues...

what the hell are they called. please pm me with a reply, so i dont have to keep track of this thread.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:45 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

When Hal Jordan fought Superman, Hal created kryptonite with the ring.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 04:13 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
supes would trash kyle... as for hal... thats a tough one.

why would it be tough to trash hal if he could trash kyle...which he couldn't....is hal supposed to be more powerful than kyle?....if hal can conjur up kryptonite...whats to stop kyle from doin the same thing?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 12:38 PM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SarKastic_OJ

Green Lantern cannot beat Superman....

For goodness sakes have any of you even read the Death/Return of Superman?

Basically in that entire Saga DC acknowledges that Superman is the most powerful super-hero on the face of the planet. When Doomsday arrives, everyone in the DC universe takes a crack at him...and loses INCLUDING the "entire" green lantern corp., and the "Justice League". ONLY Superman was able to stop Doomsday, everyone else either gave up and left or were floored and incapable of doing "any" kind of damage..Superman rose and battled Dooms and it was a "draw"..That-says-it-all...Read the fine print on the issue of Supes death..."Here lies the Man of Steel, Earths' greatest hero"....Nuff said....

Hal couldn't even dent Doomsday let alone be durable, strong-enough, battle smart, and versatile enough to compete with the likes of Doomsday..Only Superman was strong enough to go *** for tat with DC's strongest enemy..

Hal may land blows here and there but Hal is not durable enough to take "any" of Superman's blows, Superman is eons faster, more intelligent, versatile, and has WAY more battle experience...We all know good and well Hal is not going to create Kryptonite and just bash around dc's greatest hero, its going to be a good battle up to where Superman lands a blow on Lantern, that's all Kal-EL needs "one hard planet shattering blow" and its OVA!! Supes can take ALOT of direct damage from Lantern but the same can't be said for vice versa..

(Oh yeah)
Badspellah: I wasn't comparing Doomsday to Superman in any way in my previous post, I was using Dooms as a measuring stick, i.e. Dooms and Superman were a draw but yet Dooms beat teams with Hal on it...you do the math my friend...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:22 AM
SarKastic_OJ is currently offline Click here to Send SarKastic_OJ a Private Message Find more posts by SarKastic_OJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

quote:
Originally posted by SarKastic_OJ
Green Lantern cannot beat Superman....

For goodness sakes have any of you even read the Death/Return of Superman?

Basically in that entire Saga DC acknowledges that Superman is the most powerful super-hero on the face of the planet. When Doomsday arrives, everyone in the DC universe takes a crack at him...and loses INCLUDING the "entire" green lantern corp., and the "Justice League". ONLY Superman was able to stop Doomsday, everyone else either gave up and left or were floored and incapable of doing "any" kind of damage..Superman rose and battled Dooms and it was a "draw"..That-says-it-all...Read the fine print on the issue of Supes death..."Here lies the Man of Steel, Earths' greatest hero"....Nuff said....

Hal couldn't even dent Doomsday let alone be durable, strong-enough, battle smart, and versatile enough to compete with the likes of Doomsday..Only Superman was strong enough to go *** for tat with DC's strongest enemy..

Hal may land blows here and there but Hal is not durable enough to take "any" of Superman's blows, Superman is eons faster, more intelligent, versatile, and has WAY more battle experience...We all know good and well Hal is not going to create Kryptonite and just bash around dc's greatest hero, its going to be a good battle up to where Superman lands a blow on Lantern, that's all Kal-EL needs "one hard planet shattering blow" and its OVA!! Supes can take ALOT of direct damage from Lantern but the same can't be said for vice versa..

(Oh yeah)
Badspellah: I wasn't comparing Doomsday to Superman in any way in my previous post, I was using Dooms as a measuring stick, i.e. Dooms and Superman were a draw but yet Dooms beat teams with Hal on it...you do the math my friend...

i think the reason why GL could take superman..andnot doomsday..was that doomsday didnt have any apparent weakness that the GL could exploit....whereas superman does....so yeeh..superman IS more powerful than GL, but like ppl have said...conjur up a lil bit of 'kryptonite' and the fight goes favourably towards GL

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:35 AM
leonheartmm

really does depend on the type of green lantern power and the person wielding it, if we are talkin about hal gordon as parallex than there is no way that even superman prime could beat him{hey he also beat up the SPECTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!1} let alone our normal superman, but then again, if its kyle{before becoming ion}, he would get his ass kicked by superman.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:44 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote