KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The 90's XMen Cartoon vs Xmen Evolution

Which cartoon is better the 90's Xmen cartoon or Xmen Evolution
This poll is closed.
90's Xmen 24 61.54%
Evolution 4 10.26%
they both rocked 11 28.21%
both sucked 0 0%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 90's XMen Cartoon vs Xmen Evolution
Started by: robstelox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
robstelox

is x-men evolution better than the original one?

i think the original one is much better and more intresting.
it pisses me of that in the evolution many original characters have gone over to magnitoes side, and it looks like the original guys have to be sort of "teachers" and cant just come and kick ass.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:43 PM
robstelox is currently offline Click here to Send robstelox a Private Message Find more posts by robstelox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

" is Evo better than the orginal?"

no way in hell

made by verauko

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 05:55 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

I like both, but I love Evolution better. YES. that's right, I love Evo more. And I'm not afraid or shy to admit it. And this is coming from a hard-core TAS fan before. And I am also reading comics for years so...

With that said, here are my reasons:

The problem with the original series is that it felt too often like rehashes on stories we'd already seen and it was hard to keep interested in it. At least with what I've seen of this show there's something new going on. New stories being told rather than adaptations of old ones. (The original show was more mature in ways from the beginning, outlining the mutant/human relations and Sentinals from the beginning, while Evolution took over 2 seasons for that to happen), it is fresh and new, with updated animation, redesigns, and a whole new continuity and universe of it's own. It exists in it's own universe. No recycling of old storylines, which makes it fresh and exciting.

So please don't give me the reason, "it should be like this, that didn't happen in the comics, that is wrong, etc.". That is the whole point of creating X-Men Evolution.

Just like the Ultimate universe is a seperate universe, where things don't have to always be the same. And in that even old characters and events can have new twists.

Some people want the same thing over and over. Especially in comic books. I don't always. Evolution isn't the 90's series and never will be. THAT IS GOOD! Let the 90's series be unique, and let the new cartoon be different. I would hate to see a rehashed new version of an old show, that was just a cheap imitation. Evolution is not an imitation, for better or worse. It's paving it's own path.

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Nov 2nd, 2003 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 07:30 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightmare
Unregistered Mutant

Your are totally right. I could'nt have put it better my self. Rock 'n' Roll!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 08:42 PM
Nightmare is currently offline Click here to Send Nightmare a Private Message Find more posts by Nightmare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Evolution is also getting better and better right now. It's hitting its stride in the last 2 seasons now that they're done with expositions and they can focus more on better action and storylines. That is also one of the things that make me interested in Evo, if ever they'll do a classic storyline that was done in the comics, they do it in such a way that it will still be interesting and fresh for the comic-fans and non-comic fans alike.

Now I'm really looking forward for a Season 5. smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 09:30 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I've never seen Evo but I love the old show. Its what made me an X-men fan. From the pics and clips I've seen of Evo I dont like the way the characters look.

Shadow blue> true that the old cartoon was kinda a copy of the comics but that was how it should have been cos if it was different fans of the comics wouldnt have liked it. It was the 1st X-men cartoon, if comic fans didnt see what they were use too they would have flipped just like ppl flipped over the difference in the movie. Evo is the 2nd adaptation, it can be different cos ppl already know what the x-men is about.

Well my opinion.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 10:59 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by Kes

Shadow blue> true that the old cartoon was kinda a copy of the comics but that was how it should have been cos if it was different fans of the comics wouldnt have liked it. It was the 1st X-men cartoon, if comic fans didnt see what they were use too they would have flipped just like ppl flipped over the difference in the movie. Evo is the 2nd adaptation, it can be different cos ppl already know what the x-men is about.

Well my opinion.

Exactly, I understand the case of TAS. I know that it's like a moving comic. It's a very straightforward interpretation of the comics. And that's also one of the reasons why I liked it back then, and up to now. It just wouldn't be erased in my memory.

Case aside, what I'm saying is, people still tend to compare Evo and TAS and they keep degrading (no one in particular, just to clarify) Evo because it's not faithful to the comics, TAS etc. They have to understand that Evo has its own universe and they can't do everything that TAS has done before because it will just get redundant. It will be boring to watch same exact characters with the same exact look in the same exact storyline.

That's the reason of some of them for not liking Evo and saying that it sucks. Although I respect everyone of having an opinion other than mine, I'm just trying to clarify these things. smile

In my opinion, both faithfulness and changes can be good for some things if handled carefully. That is the case of TAS (faithfulness) and Evolution (changes). smile

It just so happens that I loved Evo more for its changes. smile

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Nov 2nd, 2003 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 11:26 PM
Darth Vicious

The original was way better and while i understand ur point Sfadow blue the difference between the original and Evo was simple, the first X-men animated series was simple, it was the first X-men animated series ever which as an X-men fan I didnt wanna see alternate universe X-men I wanted to see how the brung the essence of the comic books to an actual cartoon which i think it did so wonderfully now after the series was sadly over i didnt mind seeing another X-men animated series but in a different universe if u will since my/our favorites storylines from the comics were already made. With Evo i feel is for a much younger audience and i agree i dont like seeing Gambit and Collosus at Mangetos side, specially Collosus since everyone knows he has a pure heart and Gambit shouldve been by himself, while i really dont watch Evo or like it that much i do like some of the things they do different specially the twist of having Storm, Magneto, Mystique and Professor X as Apocalypse's 4 horsemen and im wondering what they are gonna do with the whole Phoenix saga!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 12:10 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Agreed. smile I suppose I'm just one of the minorities here who find Evo better. laughing out loud

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Nov 3rd, 2003 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 12:15 AM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by shadowy_blue

Case aside, what I'm saying is, people still tend to compare Evo and TAS and they keep degrading (no one in particular, just to clarify) Evo because it's not faithful to the comics, TAS etc. They have to understand that Evo has its own universe and they can't do everything that TAS has done before because it will just get redundant. It will be boring to watch same exact characters with the same exact look in the same exact storyline.

I agree. Ppl shouldnt compare the 2.
I dont agree with the changes in the look. The comics have changed the x-men look but kept the basis. Evo is just to different and some characters look to much alike.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 12:33 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Well yeah...I can't deny that some of the characters look alike. Hell, I admit that I also hated it when I first saw the official characters' sheet of the characters. I thought they were ugly, but I got over that feeling when I started watching the show. smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 12:42 AM
LipiDSama

Blah EVO sucks, well they suck if they dont make a Season 5 lol, the TAS was good for its time, but you cant watch modern animation and return lol, there eyes never blink it hurts to watch them.. o well they both rocked, in 10yrs or so they will have a show i bet that will put Evo to shame.

Im all for a season 5 of evo, i wanan see more rogue with a trench coat tha twas so hot.. ^_^

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 03:51 AM
LipiDSama is currently offline Click here to Send LipiDSama a Private Message Find more posts by LipiDSama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

I like TAS better than Evo..... maybe 'cause I haven't seen the best eps on Evo, but I enjoy it
Last ep on TAS "Graduation Day" is awesome, they look great specially Rogue & Storm big grin

by Scythe

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 04:06 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ANGELIQUE

I LIKE THE OLD X-MEN BETTER, BUT I HAVE GOTTEN USE
TO THE NEW ONE,I LIKE OLD WOLVERINE BETTER,HE IS
SO MUCH COOLER AND HE LOOKS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 07:41 PM
ANGELIQUE is currently offline Click here to Send ANGELIQUE a Private Message Find more posts by ANGELIQUE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elektrik_Storm
bad little fluffy bunny

i like the new ones because they seem more human and innocent with the whole people hating them thing but i hate the fact that jean and scott are only 17 and characters like jubilee are hardly in it. the original should have had more regular characters like well .... kitty, yes i am obsesed. in the original they make storm come off as really powerfully commanding and kinda bossy. Is she like that in the comics (not allowed to read them - bad influence) cos she ain't really in the film or evo? excuse me for my stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarrasment

Bethany - you were martyred?
Rufus (13th apostle) - thats one way of putting it. another way of putting it would be to say that i was bludgeoned to death by a huge f*cking rock!
Dogma xxxxx
Sebastian - how is your gold digging whore of a mother liking Bali?
Kathryn - she suspects that your impotent, alcoholic father is diddling the maid.
Cruel Intentions xxxx

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 08:18 PM
Elektrik_Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Elektrik_Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Elektrik_Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Storm is perfect in the old cartoon. She is a very powerful mutante that works very hard to control her powers.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 08:21 PM
Elektrik_Storm
bad little fluffy bunny

yeah she is so cool and you can tell that she has a hard time keeping her emotions under wraps !

Bethany - you were martyred?
Rufus (13th apostle) - thats one way of putting it. another way of putting it would be to say that i was bludgeoned to death by a huge f*cking rock!
Dogma xxxxx
Sebastian - how is your gold digging whore of a mother liking Bali?
Kathryn - she suspects that your impotent, alcoholic father is diddling the maid.
Cruel Intentions xxxx

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 09:14 PM
Elektrik_Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Elektrik_Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Elektrik_Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh smile

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 09:23 PM
Relle026

Well, the liked the original series better even though I didn't really fully understand it (I was like ten or something). There were some serious issues in that show and when I watched the tapes again I was completely shocked that it was for kids. The things they dealt with were...intense. I'm sixteen and I just started to fully understand the larger-than-life issues. But, yeah, I was told that the original series was really based off the comic books (which I never read but I intend to now) and it was sort of for the fans of those comic books.
I never realized there were so many X-Men. I had always thought it was just Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Jubilee, Gambit and Rogue. Then I hear of all these other people and it was just crazy.
The only complaint I have about the original series was how they made Gambit and Rogue's relationship so...immature and made him look like an ass. I hated that!

Evo Gambit is better. He doesn't talk in third person all the time either--even though his accent is a little off.

Cool site.
http://home.promosquad.com/referal.shtml?referer=magzy26&band=62

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 11:44 PM
Relle026 is currently offline Click here to Send Relle026 a Private Message Find more posts by Relle026 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gambit88
Blackout

evolution needs the people older then they can do things without permission though it is kinda cool seeing nightcrawler young lol

chickens fun chickens good chickens part of the neighborhood

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 12:45 AM
gambit88 is currently offline Click here to Send gambit88 a Private Message Find more posts by gambit88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote