KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shredder vs. Deathstroke The Terminator

Shredder vs. Deathstroke The Terminator
Started by: Arsenal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arsenal

Shredder vs. Deathstroke The Terminator

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:32 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I remember voting on this one... If you talking about Deadstroke and not the "Slade" cartoon verison though and your talking about the comic book Shredder, I'm voting Deadstroke.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:36 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

no Shred head.
he has really cool armour

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 06:43 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Deathstroke kills Shredder.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 07:31 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Shredder runs at Deathstorke, and gets his ass pumped with lead, then kicked off!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 09:58 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

deathstroke.... with ease....

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 06:58 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think Shredder would lose but because he'd botch a run and break his leg. Now how many people will get that reference?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 07:00 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO

3 words sword of Tengu

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:44 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about Deathstroke, but Shredder is capable of fending off if not defeating all 4 Ninja Turtles at once. The Turtles themselves are masters of multiple martial arts teachings and individually capable of fighting armies of ninjas.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:57 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO

yep.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:58 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Deathstroke defeated the entire JLA, the X-Men, and kicked the crap out of Batman. He's not to be underestimated.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 02:59 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
Deathstroke defeated the entire JLA, the X-Men, and kicked the crap out of Batman. He's not to be underestimated.

Even from the little I know a Deathstroke and what you just told me. I would in no way underestimate him. My point was just that Shredder is no slouch either.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:02 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

So who do you think would win?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:03 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

To be honost I don't feel I know enough about Deathstroke to make a fair judgment. From what I have gathered though it would be a good fight.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:10 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Well I'll give you some info :

Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity (a normal human being uses only 2%), making him a master tactician. He also has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. He's a master of numerous martial arts. His senses are at Daredevil's level ( he could see the Atom at microscopic levels).

History:
Slade Wilson was always a strong, determined personality. As a young man, he lied about his age to get into the Army. He quickly distinguished himself and became one of the youngest decorated soldiers. During a guerrilla warfare training session, he was bested by his instructor, Adeline Kane, a woman who matched his fiery personality and superior fighting skills. Sparks ignited immediately between the two, and they quickly fell in love and wed. Shortly thereafter, Adeline gave birth to a son, Grant. Slade continued on active duty, and volunteered for a medical experiment in resisting truth serums.

The experiment left Slade weakened and bedridden for a time. The experiment, unbeknownst to anyone but Slade, had an unforeseen side effect: it gave Slade enhanced strength and heightened reflexes. Shortly after this, Adeline gave birth to a second son, Joseph. After resisting orders to rescue life long friend, Wintergreen, Slade was discharged from the army. He took up hunting for a while, but it failed to quench his thirst for the life he once led. Unknown to his wife and family, Slade secretly became a mercenary known as Deathstroke, the Terminator.

One one of his assignments, Slade assassinated a Colonel from the country of Quarac. The president from Quarac sent a terrorist known as the Jackal to find Slade, and find out who hired him to kill the Colonel. To gain leverage, the Jackal kidnapped a young Joseph Wilson. This forced Slade to admit to his wife that he was secretly the mercenary known as Deathstroke, the Terminator. Adeline and Slade together confronted the Jackal. Slade to give the Jackal the information he requested, because it would violate his professional code of ethics. Slade gambled he could react fast enough to save his son; He saved Joseph's life, but not before one of Jackal's men had begun to slit his throat. Joseph was now mute.

Adeline, furious at Slade's betrayal and risking her son's life, confronted Slade with a gun. Slade's quick reflexes saved his life, but he lost his right eye due to the gunshot inflicted by his wife. Adeline then divorced Slade and raised her two sons by herself. Grant followed in his father's footsteps and attended military school. Joseph, however, was quite different from his brother; He was a kind, gentle soul who flourished in the arts. Joseph was both a talented artist and musician. Adeline nurtured this side of Joseph, and he grew up to be a fine young man under Adeline's care.

Slade continued his activities as the mercenary, Deathstroke, the Terminator. Although a mercenary, Slade did keep his own personal code of ethics, taking only jobs his conscience would allow him to. A few years after his divorce from Adeline, Slade met Lillian "Sweet-Lili" Worth, an Oriental clan princess whose life fell in ruins. During one of their trysts, Slade impregnated Lili, who later gave birth to Rose Worth; Slade's daughter. Lili kept Rose a secret from Slade, rationalizing it was in the child's best interest to do so.

A few years later, Slade casually refused a job that would change his life forever. The criminal organization known as the H.I.V.E. offered Slade a contract to kill the Teen Titans. Slade refused. But Slade's son, Grant, assumed the contact himself. The bitter Grant perceived that the Titans had ruined his life and sought to exact his revenge through this contract with the H.I.V.E. Given powers and a costume, Grant became the Ravanger. Seeking to destroy the Teen Titans, Grant succeeded only in destroying himself. Slade vowed to destroy the Titans himself, in an effort to honor his son's contract.

After failing to fulfill this contract himself, Slade came in contact with a young sociopath with dangerous powers: Tara Markov. Markov had powerful earth-shaping powers, but was emotionally unstable. Full of blind hate, Markov agreed to work with Slade, acting as a double agent as a member of the Teen Titans, gaining access to all their secrets and weaknesses. With Terra's help, Slade was able to deliver the Teen Titans to the H.I.V.E. Dick Grayson with the help of Slade's son Joe Wilson were able to infiltrate H.I.V.E. headquarters and rescue the Titans. In the ensuing battle, Terra died and Slade was captured to stand trial.

Slade's case was thrown out of court because the prosecutor failed to prove that the Terminator who did the kidnapping was indeed Slade Wilson, Actually, Gar Logan (Changeling) sabotaged the trial so he could destroy Slade Wilson himself. Slade showed up for their "final battle" in his civilian garb, forcing Gar to see him as a man, not a simple vessel for his rage at Terra's betrayal. The two men parted on truce terms. Slade laid low for awhile, taking up hunting again in Africa.

It seems the tainted souls of Azareth regained their strength and merged with Jericho shortly after Trigon's second defeat. The souls now needed powerful vessels for each of them to survive. Now possessed by this force, Jericho sought to acquire superhuman beings as vessels for the souls of Azareth. He used the Wildebeast Society as a front to kidnap the Titans to house the tainted souls of Azareth. During the soul transfer process, Jericho resurfaced briefly, begging his father to kill him; He was beyond help and killing him might destroy the twisted souls of Azareth. To spare his son any more pain and save the remaining Titans, Slade Wilson was forced to drive a sword through Jericho, killing him instantly.

Soon, Slade's life was turned upside down. Slade stopped an assassination attempt on the president. But Slade's heroic act was misconstrued ; by stopping a doppleganger of a U.S. Senator emplanted with a bomb, the authorities believed Slade had killed the Senator, and tried to kill the president himself! Deathstroke became a hunted fugitive. Meanwhile, a new man assuming the identity of the Ravanger was hunting down Slade's friends and loved ones, killing his informant Maurice, his tech supplier, Squirrel, and his former lover, Lili. At the same time, Adeline Wilson was exhibiting strange behavior, blaming Slade for her sons' deaths and vowing to kill him and his new lover, Pat Trayce.

Eventually, Slade was able to clear his name. Working with Sarge Steel and Checkmate, he was able to prove that the assassination attempt was actually a plan of the Crimelord, Steve Dayton.

It was during this ordeal, however, that Slade made some shocking discoveries about himself. After being riddled with bullets and brought to a morgue, Slade awoke from the dead! Apparently, Slade had an unknown extra-ability to add to his enhanced healing factor: Immortality. Upon awaking from each "death", however, Slade is in a state of psychosis for a brief period of time. The second discovery Slade made was that Rose Wilson is his own daughter! Fearing he would not be a good father, he eventually left Rose primarily in the care of Wintergreen, and then, the Titans.

The new Ravanger was revealed to be Slade's half-brother, Wade DeFarge. DeFarge was insanely jealous of Slade - and tried to torture him by killing anyone Slade cared about. Meanwhile, Adeline Kane, now completely over the edge, donned a Vigilante costume, and came into conflict with Slade and the Ravanger. After Adeline was bruised and healed immediately, Slade guessed the truth: Slade had given Addie a blood transfusion some months ago. The transfusion gave her rapid-healing powers, but was also driving her quite mad. During the fracas with Ravanger, Addie was shot between the eyes and naturally presumed dead. The Ravanger was captured and taken away by authorities. Later, in the morgue, Adeline awoke. Apparently, she had gained Slade's immortality as well. Her current whereabouts are unknown.

On his next case, Slade was engulfed in an explosion in the Capital Dome. This had a stranger effect than his previous regenerations. When he awoke this time, Slade awoke as a man some 20 years YOUNGER than he had been!

After that, on a routine mission with Vigilante, Slade was caught in yet another explosion, this time involving volatile chemicals. The explosion "killed" Slade and triggered another regeneration. After that incident, Slade's actions became somewhat erratic, and he cut ties with both Pat Trayce and Wintergreen, claiming they were no longer part of his life, since he did not remember them. So Pat Trayce continued running Vigilance, Inc., with Wintergreen as her right hand man. Wintergreen suspected that this second explosion restored Slade's memory, since details of his past life crept up in idle conversation. Knowing that Slade must have his reasons for cutting ties with he and Pat, Wintergreen respected this unspoken request from Slade, and gave him his space.

Since that time, Slade has resurfaced, returning to his earlier mercenary ways. He has tangled with Batman, Nightwing, Azrael and the Teen Titans. In these confrontations, he exhibited little sense of honor, taking jobs that the old Slade would have turned down on moral principle. Only in his confrontation with Azrael did Slade show he was a man of honor.

In my opinion, Shredder is completely outmatched. We're talking about a man who defeated the entire JLA, the entire X-Men (even Wolverine) and beat one the world's greatest martial artist and master tactician Batman. Shredder is out of his league.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:22 PM
BENITO

well with the sword of tengu shredder has destroyed millions of lives and highly trained armies all at once

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:44 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

So? The Shredder has his hands full with a bunch of mutated turtles with a decent knowledge of martial arts and weapons. Deathstroke has defeated Hawkman, Black Canary, the Flash, Green Lantern, the Atom, Batman, Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Wolverine, and the Teen Titans. Slade thinks with 90% of his brain capacity. He thinks at speed that would put the fastest computers to shame. By the time Shredder hilts his sword, Slade has already thought of a million ways to defeat him. Not to mention that he's immortal to begin with.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:50 PM
BENITO

umm the turtles are masters of martial arts and win due to there quick thinking and there team work.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:52 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

And Green Lantern controls the most powerful weapon in the universe. The Flash thinks, runs, reacts at near-lightspeed. Batman is a master of all 147 martial arts. Storm can control the weather. Wolverine is a master of all martial arts and he has incredible healing factor and unbreakable bones and claws. Slade beat them all.

If the Shredder went against any of the opponents that Slade as faced he'd lose badly. Slade is another league altogether. It's like comparing an Ipod to cassette player. It's no contest.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 03:56 PM
BENITO

there aren't 147 martial arts.
none of them are as smart as Donatello

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 04:01 PM