KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Should there be Eqyptian gods?

Should there be Eqyptian gods?
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Angry Should there be Eqyptian gods?

Would the introduction of the god Ra to marvel be to powerful for Marvel to handle. I mean there is no way on earth that Thor could stand up to Ra. Is this what marvel needs. A new sect of gods, preferably Egyptian.
Maybe Apoclaypse is the Egyptian gods herdel. hmm.
So would marvel rue the day of the approach of these guys? bunny raver
Sorry this was supposed to be a poll and now i can't edit it into one. I guess it's the story of the eqyptian gods in marvel. it may be to late for them.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 08:15 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Apocalypse is not god, but as to Egyptian gods in general, Anubis is one of the Skyfathers.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 09:08 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

The egyptian patheon already exists in marvel, but their not used that much.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 09:13 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Horus, son of Osiris and Isis, would be the Thor equivalent. I think Osiris is one of the Skyfathers but I could be wrong.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 11:17 PM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
Horus, son of Osiris and Isis, would be the Thor equivalent. I think Osiris is one of the Skyfathers but I could be wrong.

Yes, Osiris sounds more like it than Anubis. I never saw him in action, but only during the council during Infinity War.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:11 AM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

and what about Ra and seth? do they exist?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:14 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Seth is credited in the classicmarvel site, but I do not know what comic medium these characters are coming from.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:20 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Seth is from the Marvel lore, he was a Thor villian.

As Maestro said, they're around, just not used. In fact, check out The Death of the Marvel Universe special series, or whatever it was called, with Thanos in it and whatnot. There's a gathering of Sky-fathers in it. Thor, Zeus and a good bunch more. In other comics we've seen gods from Greco-Roman and Celtic pantheons. Most recently, I believe, in the Marvel Knights Captain America run (Cap volume 4), I forget now exactly what storyline it was, you can look it up online for sure, we even saw a god of, and heard hints of more, on an American Indian pantheon. Though the series was pretty much a flop, it had some good points, and I enjoyed that particular story. It did reek of the usual "We were here first, so lets kill all dem White man. Red man best, ugh!" but wasn't that bad.

With Moon Knight, we have the Egyptian god Khonshu acting as an Avatar, and he has directly interacted with Mark. And it has been discovered recently, that T'Challa's "Panther God" was in fact Bast, a cat like god from Egyptian mythology, though the beliefs had traveled West into his realm in Africa and been morphed a bit along the way.

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Jan 5th, 2005 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:50 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seth has teamed up with Loki to scheme against Odin. Apparently he's considered as one of the "death gods", of which Mephisto is also a member (I assume also Hela, Hades, Anubis...etc) ... that story was a What if though.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:06 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yes, Hades/Pluto is a "Death God". Obscure referrence, but in the first couple issues of Champions, he's seen making a pact with other Death Gods to hopefully overthrow Zeus. Silly Death Gods, golden realms of the mighty are only for Skyfathers!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 02:18 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was quite interesting because Loki and Seth managed to put Odin in a catatonic state so when a council of the Skyfather's was called, of which Mephisto was strangely included, Mephisto, as a representative of the other "death gods", immediately renounced allegiance to Seth and that if any action was taken against Seth, the other "death gods" wouldn't intervene. Apparently the death gods look after each other, to a point.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 02:34 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

This should be in the Comic Movie Forum, I think. huh

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:01 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

they were hinted at in the moon knight comics, dont know if they played much parts in anything else

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:14 AM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

THe most powerful of egyptian pantheon gods (in order of power in mythology):

Amun-Re
Osiris
Set
Geb
Nut
Horus
Anubis

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:58 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

yeah, amun-ra is the odin or zeus of egyptian myth

.......it feels wrong to say myth when so many believed in them at one point in time

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:30 AM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

no, amun-re is the creator god of egyptian mythology. He was the most worshipped, and was chief of the gods, but he was not the equivilent of zeus, as zeus is a 3rd generation god, whereas amun-re is a creator god.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:46 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

horus:
(please log in to view the image)
seth:
osiris:
isis:
geb:
nut:
akhenaten:

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:53 AM
Havoc470
Smo

He is believed to be the physical father of all Pharaohs, king of the gods of egypt and patron of the pharaohs, originally a god of fertility, a local deity of Memphis, Amun became linked with the sun god Re through the royal family, becoming Amun-Re

nowhere is he believed of being a creator god, Amun was the god of fertility and Ra was the sun god, then they merged as one becoming amun-re

EDIT: akhenaten was also never actually a god, but a pharoah who many egyptians believed to be evil because he only believed in the sun god Ra and destroyed any existence of the other gods like statues or sacred temples

Last edited by Havoc470 on Jan 5th, 2005 at 10:58 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:55 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:56 AM
Havoc470
Smo

lmao, those things are great

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:59 AM