KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Maul VS Wolverine

Darth Maul VS Wolverine
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Darth Maul VS Wolverine

What about this?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:50 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

The problem is that we don'T know how Light sabres work on adamantium so I wouldn't know

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 03:31 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Light Saber doesn't need to cut adamantium, it's sufficient stabbing it through Logan's heart.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 11:56 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Well a light saber is just a beam of light, so... I doubt if it could hurt adamantium. Anyway, this is assuming that the beam hits wolverine...
remember, he is fighting back! I'm going for Maul though, the Force is with him!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 01:18 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

But if it destroys his hard, wouldn't just a new one grow or something?
But yes the Force is probably a major factor

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 01:48 AM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Yep, I'm pretty sure that he would... unless Maul decides not to let him and uses the Force. But what level is his Force at?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 02:08 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dunno actually I am not all that into thios midi-chlorian stuff you know

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 02:13 AM
NoFate007

Maul would win, lightsaber or not. Wolverine isn't immortal. If he was stabbed in the heart, he would die. If he was cut in half, he's done. Head cut off, done. Plus Wolvy doesn't have the clairvoyance to predict the attacks like Maul does, so Wolverine probably wouldn't get any hits on Maul. And then Maul has the Force, so he could just send a barrage of Force Lightning or a simple Force Choke to beat the hell out of him. Wolverine is a good fighter, but he wouldn't stand a chance against a Force user, same case with just about every other superhero too.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 03:06 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Your wrong Nofate... Wolverine was tossed into the sun and he survived, his body grew back on his skeleton with a little help.
THe lightsaber would no doubt heat up his admantium skeleton but would never cut through it, with his claws everytime maul tries to parry with his saber itd pass through his metal claws like a flashlight, and the force can be easily manuevared through with wolverines awesome agility and reflexes.

Whats the force do? Knock you down? Honestly.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 06:35 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

What good is mild precog if your body isn't fast enough to react to your opponent? People say that Yoda jumping and spinning around puts him on the same level as Dare Devil or Spider-man... are you mad! Most street level martial arts have dodged bullets after they have left the chamber! Dare Devil has batted bullets back at the shooter and Wolverine has ran straight in machine gun fire and dodging it; do you have any idea how fast you would need to be to do any of this? The likes of DD, Black Panther and Cap all are able to calculate trajectory perfectly during combat in seconds (accurate to the nearest millimeter).

Where was the Jedi's skill when the were getting gunned down by Clone Troopers? If they can in fact amp their states why didn't Anikin and Obiwon break their chains in episode 2? Why was Obi Won owned by Jango feat? Why didn't Qui Jon's amazing Jedi precog tell him that Darth Maul was riding up behind him? Qui Jon couldn't even out run that slow moving droid transporter where as Deadpool has out ran a motorcycle. I actually like Star Wars, but come on Jedi are glorified Samurai with laser swords and low level tk and telepathy.

The movie Jedi STAND NO CHANCE, when you start to get into comic you basically have a bunch of different versions of Pyslocke and she has been pawned a great many a times by a great many a people. Clone Wars cartoon Jedi pawn most Street Level heroes and I hear EU has Vader use is Force on a planetary scale... so he kicks ass.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:21 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

I agree, im sorry but comparing a marvel character to Jedi is horrible...

Dont even insult Wolverine by thinking some guy that can jump around with a sword and can move things with his mind can beat him... I swear.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:33 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
Your wrong Nofate... Wolverine was tossed into the sun and he survived, his body grew back on his skeleton with a little help.
THe lightsaber would no doubt heat up his admantium skeleton but would never cut through it, with his claws everytime maul tries to parry with his saber itd pass through his metal claws like a flashlight, and the force can be easily manuevared through with wolverines awesome agility and reflexes.

Whats the force do? Knock you down? Honestly.

First Of All.Wolverine was walking into the sun with the body of the dead Jean Grey in his arms, and was burning, untile the Phoenix Force resurrect Jeanny, and she grants to Logan to survive and build a spaceship to reach the Earth.Without the Phoenix Force Logan would be dead.Wolverine has physical skills of a peak human man like Cap, but Darth Maul is a Sith, trained from childhood like Jedi to be a warrior.Understand?From childhood.I onestly doubt if Adamantium can resist to a light saber, maybe it would just clash into the light saber without passing through it, but anyway it would be a tough match.You probably don't understand that a Force user can see things before they happen, Logan is gonna stabbing Maul in the face?Maul see it before and counterattack.Maul was killed in the movie just because it was forced is dead cause he's the bad guy and Obi Wan the good guy, that for the continuity of Star Wars must survive to train Anakyn/Vader, if it wasn't for that, Lucas would allow Maul to deal the lethal strike to Obi Wan too, that was obvious inferior to Maul.The Force at Mauls level can emits shockwave knocking you down but can also emit lightnings, not so powerful as those of Count Dooku, but anyway of a considerable level.

quote:
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
What good is mild precog if your body isn't fast enough to react to your opponent? People say that Yoda jumping and spinning around puts him on the same level as Dare Devil or Spider-man... are you mad! Most street level martial arts have dodged bullets after they have left the chamber! Dare Devil has batted bullets back at the shooter and Wolverine has ran straight in machine gun fire and dodging it; do you have any idea how fast you would need to be to do any of this? The likes of DD, Black Panther and Cap all are able to calculate trajectory perfectly during combat in seconds (accurate to the nearest millimeter).

Where was the Jedi's skill when the were getting gunned down by Clone Troopers? If they can in fact amp their states why didn't Anikin and Obiwon break their chains in episode 2? Why was Obi Won owned by Jango feat? Why didn't Qui Jon's amazing Jedi precog tell him that Darth Maul was riding up behind him? Qui Jon couldn't even out run that slow moving droid transporter where as Deadpool has out ran a motorcycle. I actually like Star Wars, but come on Jedi are glorified Samurai with laser swords and low level tk and telepathy.

The movie Jedi STAND NO CHANCE, when you start to get into comic you basically have a bunch of different versions of Pyslocke and she has been pawned a great many a times by a great many a people. Clone Wars cartoon Jedi pawn most Street Level heroes and I hear EU has Vader use is Force on a planetary scale... so he kicks ass.

srank when we talk about characters that can pown marvel characters you start to talk like a poor fanboy, probably you are.
The Jedi in Episode II where 20/30 Jedi against an ARMY.Understand?ARMY.They are not Superman, Flash or Thor, understand?
Obi Wan wasn't owned by Jango Fett, Jango simply escape, and was fighting from the range with his weapons, cause he knows that getting in close combat to a Jedi is equal to death, even for a killes bounty hunter like him, just see how Mace Windu behead him so easy.DareDevil deflecting bullets is simply crap, he's an olympic level athlete, not a peak human like Cap or Wolverine, that has also enhancede senses.
Low level telekinesis?Yoda move big rocks with the telekinesis.
You ask why Qui Gon wasn't able to see his own death?Cause Dark Side and Light Side are in contrast.As said in Episode II, the Sith's power can make the precog abilities of the Jedi less powerful, and Maul was obvious stronger than Qui Gon in every way.Skill, strenght, reflexes, and Force using.So his own power can avoid to Qui Gon to see important things like his dead or some deadly moves like those he use to kill the Jedi Master.Obi Wan and Anakin don't break the chains?They are not Hulk or other uber alles character.Chains are made of metals in the Star Wars universe that make Iron, Steel, or Titanium looking like butter in terms of resistance, so your reasoning aren't sensated.
Black Panther, Captain America, DareDevil, Wolverine, are street level, someone that a Jedi or a Sith of medium/high level can kill.
Spider-Man is street hero, not street level, he can hurl a ten ton or at max 12/15 tons when very stressed thing like a truck and throw it at you, he has about 15/20 times human reflexes, above those of Cap, BP, DD and Wolvie, same for the speed.So he's someone that can give a run for his money to a Jedi or a Sith but not your street level heroes.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 12:04 PM
Kid Kurdy

quote:
I actually like Star Wars, but come on Jedi are glorified Samurai with laser swords and low level tk and telepathy.

I agree 100 %. And for those who still vote for Maul, don't forget that Wolverine has been fighting whole his life (over 100 years) and has faced much more dangerous enemies (alone and with the X-Men) than Maul can dream of.

If I have to choose between somebody who hasn't done that much (sorry Maul Lovers, compared with Wolverine he has little experience, face it) and someone who is in his own way an icon in Marvel, I know who to choose.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:28 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

The are peak COMIC BOOK humans; there is a huge difference between them and what we would consider peak human in our world. Yoda caught some ruble and tossed it aside that is great and all but high level tk would keeping your floating palace in the air effortlessly through tk (ie Cable), medium is some where in between.

Darth Maul was riding up behind Qui Jon on a f'n speeder bike with out him having the slightest clue. It was never stated anywhere what the chains were made out of; you can't just assume (K3VIL you do this a lot) that it something that makes human metals look a child's toy in comparison. Besides Marvel's earth is million times more advanced then anything in Star Wars, I'm sure Reed has thrown out ideas that were a million times more advanced then the best of Star Wars and Marvel has a great many uber genius types.

Also in my last post I said the were gunned down by Clone Troopers but they weren't it was droids. Wolverine has fought 100s of hand ninjas (for some reason armed with machine guns) and takes light damage and comes out on top. Hand Ninjas are the top of the line assassins each of them at least skilled enough to beat twelve men in combat but a hundred of them are nothing to Wolverine, or even Dare Devil for that matter. Movie Jedi just can't compeat.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:26 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
The are peak COMIC BOOK humans; there is a huge difference between them and what we would consider peak human in our world. Yoda caught some ruble and tossed it aside that is great and all but high level tk would keeping your floating palace in the air effortlessly through tk (ie Cable), medium is some where in between.

Darth Maul was riding up behind Qui Jon on a f'n speeder bike with out him having the slightest clue. It was never stated anywhere what the chains were made out of; you can't just assume (K3VIL you do this a lot) that it something that makes human metals look a child's toy in comparison. Besides Marvel's earth is million times more advanced then anything in Star Wars, I'm sure Reed has thrown out ideas that were a million times more advanced then the best of Star Wars and Marvel has a great many uber genius types.

Also in my last post I said the were gunned down by Clone Troopers but they weren't it was droids. Wolverine has fought 100s of hand ninjas (for some reason armed with machine guns) and takes light damage and comes out on top. Hand Ninjas are the top of the line assassins each of them at least skilled enough to beat twelve men in combat but a hundred of them are nothing to Wolverine, or even Dare Devil for that matter. Movie Jedi just can't compeat.

Assuming?I'm not assuming anything.Star Wars is thousands of years far from our timeline.Reed Richards device doesn't count, here i'm talking of the metal of the chains.It's obvious that in a far future they possess strong metals like the laser-proof doors in the Trade Federation ship.That means that the chains in the arena were stronger than normal metals on marvel earth, i mean, titanium or steel or iron.I don't talk of adamantium of vibranium, but anyway stronger than common metals.
Wolverine possess adamantium skeleton, heal factor, and claws.Jedi aren't laser-proof, they have the resistance to injury of a a peak human man but obvious not that of Logan, and they cannot heal from injuries like him.Obvious that with heal factor and indestructible bones you can walk through enemies like ninjas and continue fighting.
The Jedi knights where fighting hands of Clone Troopers equipped with laser rifles, guns, and grenades, and Jedi aren't in the league of Logan's resistance to injury this is known.That doesn't mean that 1Jedi Knight or a Sith cannot put down him.Sith and Jedi deflect lasers, doesn't mean they cannot evade them, but it's better send back attacks that just evade them especially if you possess close range weapons and you're fighting enemies with ranged weapons.You say that surely Jedi and Sith aren't in Logan's league, you wrote about Cable tk like lifting a palace or a building, in SW they aren't powerhouses, strong and all the other things but they are not freaking superheroes with uber alles powers.So your examples have no sense.Or i can just say Logan is TOAST against Superman, it's the same when you compare Yoda's tk with Cable's that actually has also god-like powers.Anyway i would like to see how the heat of a lightsaber through Logan's heart would work.90% Logan would be dead.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:42 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I would say that a light saber would cut adamantium. Simply because the metal is and earth metal and light sabers were created by smarter more advanced people. Plus Maul has the force at his command and could probably force choke Wolvie to death. Oh and somebody said that light sabers blades were light when they are actuallly pure energy.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 08:13 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Admanitum isnt a earth metal, neither is vibranium.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 09:48 PM
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

star wars should not be compared to comic books ever. Star wars characters are on a different level entirely, they are on human levels of strength and endurance, and anyway i dont think a lightsaber could cut through Wolvies claws. Hell one slash from wolverine and Maul is dead. Wolverine wins.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 11:39 PM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote:
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon
Admanitum isnt a earth metal, neither is vibranium.

What are you an amateur? Adamatium is a man made metal made by the U.S. government. Vibranium is a natural resource of Wakanda the Black Panthers home country. So logicaly a weapon made by a more advance civilization would undoubtably cut adamantium. Darth Maul should smoke Wolverine with little problem. But this isnt a Star Wars forum its a comic forum so Maul is not going to get any love.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:12 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

this just in wolvie can die of choking to death, and what can maul do?

'nuff said

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:30 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote