KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » super skrull vs super man

super skrull vs super man
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

super skrull vs super man

i remember Sup-skrull being able to stay a-fire even in space...thats pretty damned nifty. if he can do that surely he can take down the big guy with the silly costume

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:37 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'd probably say Supes would take it

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:59 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

super skrull has all of the FFs powers...but even more powerful.
i dont think supes has it in him

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 04:13 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: super skrull vs super man

quote:
Originally posted by long pig
i remember Sup-skrull being able to stay a-fire even in space...thats pretty damned nifty. if he can do that surely he can take down the big guy with the silly costume

I'd pick Superman in this one. He is much more coherently put together than Super Skrull.
My rationale is basically because Super Skrull has been besieged by failure after failure. He steps into the scene looking quite potent (after all he has all the powers of the Fantastic Four, and he was created to be what his name is - a Super Skrull), but once the heat gets cooking he always fails. At least almost always.
Actually here is a short history of Super Skrull:

The Super-Skrull was created, by edict of Emperor Dorrek of the Skrull Empire, for the purpose of avenging the defeat that the Skrulls' recent invasion of Earth had met at the hands of the Fantastic four. The Skrull monarch invested a substantial portion of the royal treasury toward the development of a superhumanoid Skrull warrior. After many months, Skrull technology succeeded in bionically re-engineering a select Skrull warrior to be able to simulate the combined powers of the Fantastic Four. The Super-Skrull, as he was called, was sent to Earth after an intensive training program. There, he sought out and battled the Fantastic Four, and was defeated when Reed Richards determined that his strength was being augmented by abroad cast energy beam dispatched to Earth through warp space, and jammed it. The Fantastic Four imprisoned the Super-Skrull on a small island in the Pacific Ocean, blocked from the power-augmenting effects of the energy beam.

Realizing their champion's predicament, the Skrulls developed a stronger source of power and beamed it to him. Freed from his place of confinement, the Super-Skrull once more sought out the Fantastic Four and, disguised as the Invincible Man, was defeated. The Fantastic Four exchanged him for Franklin Storm, the father of Susan and John Storm, who had been taken captive by the Skrulls. Given yet another chance to prove his worth in battle against the thunder god Thor, the Super-Skrull failed once more. Upon his return, the Super-Skrull was sent into exile because of his failures. After a few years of aimless wandering, the Super-Skrull wassummoned before the Emperor again. The Skrulls had learned that the enemy Kree had undertaken the surveillance of Earth. Fearing Kree control of the strategically important planet, Emperor Dorrek dispatched the Super-Skrullto destroy the Kree Captain Mar-Vell. Mar-Vell managed to defeat the Skrull by turning his own power against him.

Despite his poor service record, the Super-Skrull drafted into active duty at the most recent outbreak of the perennial Kree-Skrull War. He successfully carried out the emperor's orders to abduct Mar-Vell, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch, and brought them back to the Skrull throne world. There he decide to betray his emperor, but was subdued and sent into permanent exile. He later joined another renegade Skrull named Skragg and became an agent of Thanos the mad Titanian. Severely beaten by Captain Mar-Vell, the Super-Skrull remained on Earth to recuperate, stranded without interstellar transportation. The Super-Skrull was recently banished into warp space when Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel foiled his plans to use stolen cavourite crystal as a power catalyst in thebuilding of a starship.

Super Skrull would thus go to battle Superman, and at first manage to send flaming constructs, super-strong punches, and enlongated entanglements against the Son of Krypton! That is if Superman doesn't go super-speed and knock out the Skrull before it even knows what's happening. But anyways, the Skrull would be able to land some blows, but that would be just about all.
Like usual the Skrull would be defeated.
For some reason Super Skrull has a self-defeating psyche, or maybe he just choses the wrong opponents.
Opponents like Superman.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:30 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

things strength plus flame...nova blasts...of course they do nothing to superman....yet to his friends? they do a lot...goes back to the "are you prepared to burn a city down to defeat me??"
plus..his powers are of cosmic nature...his shields are like IW's but stronger...hulk cant break IW's without a lot of effort....
hes mastered all these ..he is a fighter....supes is a defender...
he do some damage if he was written well.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:06 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah, and he has Soldier training, and has no hesitation about killing.

But Superman still wins.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:13 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

ehhh...ill find me someone who can beat that foo.
i agree...supes will win at the end...
i dont really love any single characters....but damn do i hate a few

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:17 PM
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

super skrull.
has more powers and more strength and lastly superman sucks as a character

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 04:46 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
Originally posted by muffin man
super skrull.
has more powers and more strength and lastly superman sucks as a character

Superman has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more strength.

And more powers too. He is just too strong, fast and versatile to Super-Skrull.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:21 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO

strength of the thing hello.
elastisity better than mister fantastic
invisability powers of sue storm
flame powers of johnny storm
telepathy and hypnosis
power cosmic like the silver surfer
how can clarke kent beat that

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:24 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
telepathy and hypnosis

Superman is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger then Thing.

Flames wouldn't do anything to Superman.

Nor the elasticy.

And Superman could broke the invisiblity shields.

And when did he has telepathy or POWER COSMIC?

quote:
Super-Skrull possesses the combined abilities of the Fantastic Four, as well as the heightened degree of physical malleability common to all Skrulls. His powers allow him to mimic the elasticity of Mr. Fantastic; vanish from sight and create invisible force-fields like Invisible Woman; manipulate fire, as would the Human Torch; and manifest the rocky hide and super-strength of the Thing. Also, the Super-Skrull can project potent hypnotic energy from his eyes.

He doesn't have power cosmic.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:27 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
Originally posted by long pig
ehhh...ill find me someone who can beat that foo.
i agree...supes will win at the end...
i dont really love any single characters....but damn do i hate a few

LOL.
There are many that can beat Superman in DC (as long as we are not dealing with Pre-Crisis Superman or the various future versions, eg Superman 1,000,000 or Superman Prime), and even when it comes to the Uber-powerful versions of Superman there are still some Marvellites (eg Thanos with the IG and HOTU) who would still clean his clock.
The problem is against most Marvellites Superman has a serious combination that many cannot overcome. Namely he is:
1) Super-strong.
2) Pretty much invulnerable unless you have magical capability or Kryptonite resources.
3) Super-speed approaching the cusp of the speed of light (even the current down-powered Supes can fly beyond high hypersonic and low sub-light speeds).
Superman's other powers (eg flight, super-breath, laser-vision etc) are basically none-factors for the most part. They are helpful, but Superman can deal with most characters with the basic three above. It is the above three that make him too much for most Marvel characters since he can zoom in faster than most can see, and has the strength to do serious damage.
IF you add flight to the mix he is now able to hit at speed from any angle (although without flight you still have someone that can move almost as fast as the Flash - which is virtually faster than anyone without the Power Cosmic in Marvel). Add superstrength and near-invulnerability and you have a situation that most Marvel characters, including most of their telepaths, cannot handle.
For example the current Superman (not Pre-Crisis or the future gods) said he can move at over 10 times the speed of thought (he used this to defeat the thought based Green Lantern rings when the entire Earth based Corp tried to stop him in Red Son). He could literally ram a telepath at superspeed before the tele even made an image in his/her mind.
By the way, scientifically speaking the speed of thought is adependent on the type of fiber. The neural impulse travels at speed ranging from a sluggish 2 miles per hour to, in some myelinated fibers, a breackneck 330 feet per second (around 200 or more miles per hour). Superman can travel much faster than that, and could technically be punching the telepath out before the nerve impulses from the telepath's eye retina have transmitted the image of an approaching Superman to the brain. The fastest nerve impulse is 390 feet per second, which is considered to be super-fast.
Thus, to beat Superman you need someone who is super-strong, who is pretty much invulnerable, and who can move at high speed (the high speed component can be substituted by the person being adept in magic, or being able to teleport everything in its vicinity into the reach of a red son. Or the guy should be of amazing intellect).
But there is always the chance that Superman can use long-distance attacks and avoid coming even close to a super-strong magic user. Eg freezing the guy using super-cold faster than Iceman can dream of, or shoot at him with eye beams that would make Cyclops proud, or simply blow a gale-force wind that would make Storm say Caramba!
The current Superman is still quite powerful. Just less powerful (by far) than Pre-Crisis or the future version. And that is why many Marvellites cannot really stand up to him solo.
A well written Superman is just as powerful as a poorly written one.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:30 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

true

Ya superman takes this

Cuz
His stronger , faster , but in this fight super skrull can do some damage but seeing that almost nothing can hurt sups at superskrulls level sups beats him after a while.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:34 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO

and has the personality of a stick insect

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:34 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
telepathy and hypnosis

Super Skrull doesn't have the Power Cosmic, and he cannot hypnotize nor sue telepathy. He basically only has the suped up powers of the Fantastic Four (without the 2 most important powers of all: Reed's intellect and Franklin's dimension warping abilities).
Thus, Super Skrull has:
- Strength and invulnerability from the Thing,
- Shields from the Invisible Woman
- Flame powers from Johnny boy
- Elasticity from Reed.

Ok, then we have Superman, who has:

- Strength (at a higher level than the Thing - much higher)
- Invulnerability (again at a higher level than the Thing)
- Super-speed (approaching the lower reaches of light)
- Heat vision (he can trade flames with Skrull all day)
- Chill breath (he can turn the Super Skrull into a popsicle , or at lleast negate most of his flame effects)
- Super breath (or he can just blow hard enough to extinguish his flames).

I'm sure there are other powers i have left out, but Superman is beyond Super-Skrull.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:37 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I have a Superman/Silver Surfer cross over where Superman fights Super Skrull.

Super Skrull starts off by kicking Superman's ass because Superman thinks he's on Krypton (so he no longer has his powers)

About 1/2 way through the comic Superman realizes it's a fake Krypton and then he figures out who he's fighting and then thoroughly kicks the living sh!t out of him.

FF's powers or not....Super Skrull is not the FF.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:39 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
x_danny_x

supes

say you got pics when Superman fought Super Skrull?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 09:11 PM
x_danny_x is currently offline Click here to Send x_danny_x a Private Message Find more posts by x_danny_x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Superman already beat Super Skrull because Superman is stronger then him he is more durable and has more strength that is all I can say I saw that comic the Skrull kept landing punches that could not damage Superman the Skrull is just not strong Enough Superman beats him with out a problem. JUST ACCEPT IT.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:38 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
USAgent

quote:
Originally posted by x_danny_x
supes

say you got pics when Superman fought Super Skrull?

I do!
(please log in to view the image)
Supes gets off a healthy dose of heat vision before Super Skrull can blast off a nova flame.

But later the Skrull nail Supes with a direct hit with is flame...with not much effect.

But when Skrull finally does land a "clobbering time" punch he does knock Clark off his feet!

But in the end the Skrull is no match for Superman's powers.......

Oh, you wanted comic pictures....sorry big grin

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:08 AM
USAgent is currently offline Click here to Send USAgent a Private Message Find more posts by USAgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Please...Superman easy. I mean how could SS possibly hurt him?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 01:30 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote