KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill VS. The Astonishing X-men

Who takes this cosmic slug-fest?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Beta Ray Bill is too much for them to handle for long. 7 58.33%
The Astonishing X-men successfully force Bill to stand down. 5 41.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Beta Ray Bill VS. The Astonishing X-men
Started by: Zahit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Beta Ray Bill VS. The Astonishing X-men

Scenario (or insert better plot devise if you got one) :
The X-men are on a space-mission with The Shi'ar fighting off the
Brood or something. The ensuing battle somehow threatens
Skuttlebutt, the starship containing the remaining Korbinites.
Beta Ray Bill steps up to defend the remnants of his people and
attacks everyone. To keep him from decimating the Shi'ar (who are
busy trying to kill The Brood) the X-men try to keep him busy.

discuss......

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)
plus Colossus of course.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 04:27 AM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

If Thor can win then Beta Ray Bill also can. The only difference between the two was that Thor was born as an Asgardian, while Beta Ray was an enhanced alien cyborg who was given godhood by Odin.
Even his uru hammer StormBreaker has the same abilities as Thor's Mjolnir.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 04:48 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

To simplify what spetnaz just said:

Beta Ray Bill "eats" them all.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 06:31 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I think the astonishing x-men would win. its six powerful people against one powerful person.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:31 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I don't think half of them could even phase Bill.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:53 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

well i don't know too much about bill so thats why I said x-men

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:54 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He's Thor with a horseface.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:55 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

ha ha

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 11:02 PM
Beyonder

quote:
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He's Thor with a horseface.

You forgot...a better combatant and intelligent fighter.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 11:20 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder
You forgot...a better combatant and intelligent fighter.
What did you think "horseface" meant? Haha.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 11:33 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
Originally posted by stormfront13
I think the astonishing x-men would win. its six powerful people against one powerful person.

Actually it is 6 powerful people versus one new god.
Beta Ray would whoop the Xmen so bad that even Hela would refuse to take their souls into the underworld.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:39 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

really have to say the astonishing X-men

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 11:26 AM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Colossus is a low rank Class 100 Strenght possessor.
It means he can go fist to fist with BRB but, onestly, BRB has Thor's equal strenght if not superior.It means he can beat the living crap out of the steel giant without problems, and the magical blasts of Storm Breaker can beat down him easy if BRB doesn't want a physical confrontation.

Wolverine, yes the best at what he do.But when he get blasted from SB and then punched from BRB into space, Logan will pray for his soul.

Beast, agile and with great reflexes, but Hank is really outmatched from BRB

Cyclops may try to blast BRB with his Optic Blast at full force, but if SB is equal to Mjolnir, it means BRB can project a GodForce blast, but it wouldn't be necessary.A normal blast can outclass Cyke's blasts, or BRB can simply absorb it and knock down Scott physically

Shadowcat with her phasing abilities can try some tricks against BRB, but looking at what the hammer can do, she'll pray for Colossus awakening and save her

Emma Frost
BRB can resist to her psychic attacks more than a normal human, and in a physical confrontation she's outclassed, but maybe BRB will avoid from hit a nice woman, or not.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 11:57 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Beta Ray Bill = Thor
they have the same powers , i don't think these punny x-men can do any thing to BRB. Hey add Magnito then we have a fight.

BRB is too much for the them

simple as that

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 05:24 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Which X-Men are we talking about ? And is Skuttlebutt included in the fight ?
quote:
Originally posted by K3VIL
Colossus is a low rank Class 100 Strenght possessor.
It means he can go fist to fist with BRB but, onestly, BRB has Thor's equal strenght if not superior.It means he can beat the living crap out of the steel giant without problems,

Without problems ? Why is everybody underestimating Colossus ? Of course he will beat him, I don't doubt that for a second, but not "without problems". Colossus is a true powerhouse, end of story.

And don't forget Storm, though she's of course not on the same level than Thor/BRB when it comes down to controlling the weather and making storms and so, she certainly can distract him a bit.

And while Storm and Colossus are keeping BRB busy, even for a relative short while, what is holding Wolverine to do a sneak attack from the behind, and stab him in a place he doesn't like it ?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 05:43 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

They're talking the current Astonishing X-Men team who?-kid, the team shown in the picture up top, the team that Storm's not on.wink

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Last edited by Tron on Feb 17th, 2005 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 06:50 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

quote:
kgkg Beta Ray Bill = Thor

I know you had some more but by saying that in my mind it seemed a bit stupid

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 07:06 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
Which X-Men are we talking about ? And is Skuttlebutt included in the fight ?

Without problems ? Why is everybody underestimating Colossus ? Of course he will beat him, I don't doubt that for a second, but not "without problems". Colossus is a true powerhouse, end of story.

And don't forget Storm, though she's of course not on the same level than Thor/BRB when it comes down to controlling the weather and making storms and so, she certainly can distract him a bit.

And while Storm and Colossus are keeping BRB busy, even for a relative short while, what is holding Wolverine to do a sneak attack from the behind, and stab him in a place he doesn't like it ?

With SB BRB can extinguish storms and control weather with a control hundred times superior than that of Storm.
Colossus is Class 100, but no someone that can lift outstanding weights like BRB or Thor, he's in the 150/180 Tons range.BRB has Thor's strenght, who was able to lift things like the Jormungad Serpent and substain the roof of an entire section of an airport when the soldiers of Moses Magnum were attacking it just to pull off some examples.Seriously this is a battle the X-Men cannot win.Wolverine stabbing BRB?He can slam him in the face and send Logan floating into space asking himself what did to me that Thor with a horse face?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 07:10 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by Tron
They're talking the current Astonishing X-Men team who?-kid, the team shown in the picture up top, the team that Storm's not on.wink

Oh I see lol.

Fine, but I still stand by what I said earlier wink : some X-Men distract him, and Wolverine sneaks up behind and cuts him. It isn't a that unrealistic scenario.

I don't see any other way for the X-Men to win...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:02 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

BRB is on the level of thor (pre-ascendant). SO he could easily beat them.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 09:04 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote