KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » xorn vs magneto

xorn vs magneto
Started by: savagerampage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
savagerampage

xorn vs magneto

i hope this one isnt done yet. although i dont know much about xorn. but he appears to have magnetos powers.(again i dont know much about him other then he killed jean grey. anyways who would win between xorn and magneto

my money is on good old magneto

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 12:56 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Xorn doesn't have magneto's power. He has complete control over gravity. Completye control. He is more powerful than Magneto, and could cause Mgnteo's molecules to collapse upon themselves. When Xorn wanted to commit suicide, he started to create a black hole that would destroy the solar system. He can control virtually anything with mass, because mass is accompanied by gravity, which he can control.

Xorn wins.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 02:10 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Magneto could take Xorn.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Feb 18th, 2005 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 02:20 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Xorn doesn't have magneto's power. He has complete control over gravity. Completye control. He is more powerful than Magneto, and could cause Mgnteo's molecules to collapse upon themselves. When Xorn wanted to commit suicide, he started to create a black hole that would destroy the solar system. He can control virtually anything with mass, because mass is accompanied by gravity, which he can control.

Xorn wins.

Completely agree - or maybe not. This battle is actually extremely good.
Based on quantum physics both Xorn and Magneto are exceedingly powerful. They each control 2 of the 4 forces behind everything in the (real) universe: electromagnetism for Magz, and gravity for Xorn (the other two forces are the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force).
Written well both have amazing power, and this is one reason i do not pooh-pooh magneto when he pops a new power ala Pre-Crisis Supes. Unlike my PreCrisis himself, Magneto actually has a basis for the powers he comes up with (and this is why Magneto is one of my fave MArvel characters).
However Xorn possesses a power that he can use to tear open singularities at will. Again, if he truly has total control over gravity, he can rip open time and space (gravity can affect, and bend, both - which is why Einstein said time travel would be possible through an Einstein-Rosen bridge, aka a wormhole or blackhole) throwing Magneto into a blackhole. Magneto's powers would be totally useless there. Nothing, not even light, can escape the crushing embrace of a black hole.
Magneto is uber powerful, Xorn is just more so.
And there is always the obscure theory that gravitons, what string theorists believe causes the pull of gravity, are actually omni-dimensional particles (this is when string theory stops behaving like science and starts looking like something froma poorly written comic book. Quantum physics, based on the books and articles i have read, starts looking like silly science fiction quite fast). Anyways, based on this theory Xorn could rip magneto into far flung realities with a gesture.

Caveat 1: Magneto is the darling of Marvel. Quantum physics or no quantum physics there is no way they would let him lose to Xorn. However, based on pure string theory Xorn should win.

Caveat 2: There is a chance the Magneto himself is a walking singularity. That his powers do not just include magnetism, but also the other 3 forces (gravity, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear force). If this is the case, and with Magz it is quite possible, he can rip Xorn apart from the macro to the micro to the quantum level. Literally do what science says is impossible - utterly destroy matter! The Phoenix force would be nothing for a well written Xorn, and ridiculously pathetic against a Singularity Magneto.

Caveat 3: This ties with the second one. String theorists believe that there is a way that all the four forces can be brought down to one equation. The unification theory. If this is the case the Xorn would be a walking singularity, and Magneto would be a walking singularity as well. Having all 4 forces in them. Thus a fight between the two would be a draw, and possibly spawn a new universe in the process.

The only thing one can be sure of is that if Xorn and Magneto fought at full power, that the only survivors would be Xorn and Magneto. Everyone else would be destroyed. Infact i'd bet even they would perish in the fray!

Last edited by spetznaz on Feb 18th, 2005 at 05:10 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 05:07 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

what does caveat mean?
magneto at full power is the top mutant in the universe.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 05:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Excalibur #8 - Magneto creates a wormhole
Wormhole = Black hole with an exit (white hole)
Ergo, Magneto can create blackholes
Ergo, Magneto is proof of Unified Theory

Xorn has a star for a brain. His power works by varying the gravitational pull and electromagnetic radiation of the star for a head. He hasn't actually shown the ability to control electromagnetic energy outside of the effects generated by his own control over the star for a head. Of course, there are a lot of inconsistencies in that because Morrison genuinely meant for Xorn to BE Magneto until it was retconned. But based on what Xorn's power actually is, that's supposed to be the case.

Either way, Magneto is the only one of the two who exercises innate control over all EM energy, and the Unified Theory.

Magneto wins.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 08:51 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

If they both have complete control over their respective powers, I would go for magneto, as the magnetic force is about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more powerful than gravity.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 09:01 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Re: xorn vs magneto

quote:
Originally posted by savagerampage
i hope this one isnt done yet. although i dont know much about xorn. but he appears to have magnetos powers.(again i dont know much about him other then he killed jean grey. anyways who would win between xorn and magneto

my money is on good old magneto

Xorn didnt kill jean. It was a magneto clone pretending to be xorn, sent to xavier's by sublime

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 09:02 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

No, actually it was retconned to be (and I'm not making this up): Xorn's twin brother Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn who did all that damage and killed Jean Grey. So, uh, technically, Magneto had nothing to do with that whole storyline.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:05 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I read about that gave me a headache and a half.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 03:13 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rougeredmage

Magneto. i mean come on Xorn.... lets be serious he is just a faker if you ask me. as i seemed to remember he pretended to heal xaivers legs but he didnt.

so lets get this right this is xorns twin brother, pretending to be xorn pretending to be magneto, after he pretedned to heal xaivers legs.

you can see the problem i have here. yes i am sure he does have all tht star in the head nonsence... but has he realy done anything consiquencal. thats a no he hasnt... while come on magnetos done so mutch stuff it could go on forever and ever

and thanks for mentioned the wormhole magneto thing before i did

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 04:08 PM
rougeredmage is currently offline Click here to Send rougeredmage a Private Message Find more posts by rougeredmage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

is xorn a mutant. how on earth do u have a star in ur head. man i didnt know xorn was so powerful. magneto is when at full power is one of the strongest characters in the marvel universe. i would still pick him, hes older wise, and im sure much more craftier.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 09:43 PM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

i don't know if magnetos older or not

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 09:51 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

What are Xorns powers?
remember in the comics were behind you

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 02:52 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

It seems to me by the look of Xorn that his power is Utter survival. Some how he can withstand any force against him. The star in his brain is really his victory over the opposition that he faced.

Attachment: xorn01.jpg
This has been downloaded 77 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:00 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Xorn could reverse the polarity of any "wormhole" or "whitehole" Magneto produces. In fact, Xorn could cause Magneto's gravity to increase dramatically, instantly grafting him to the planet. Beat that Maggie.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:17 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

quote:
Originally posted by long pig
what does caveat mean?
magneto at full power is the top mutant in the universe.

You forgot Thanos...
You forgot Shaman Nate...
You forgot Franklin Richards...
You forgot Soldier X Cable and God-like Cable...

quote:
eleveninches If they both have complete control over their respective powers, I would go for magneto, as the magnetic force is about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more powerful than gravity.

Nope, they're equal. Furthermore, gravity particles actually escape into other dimensions thus it sort of seems weak - but it's not.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:52 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Xorn could reverse the polarity of any "wormhole" or "whitehole" Magneto produces. In fact, Xorn could cause Magneto's gravity to increase dramatically, instantly grafting him to the planet. Beat that Maggie.

Well, even assuming Xorn has shown any such abilities (he hasn't), Magneto can reverse the reversal. And gravity would have no affect on Magneto because Magneto's control over the far more powerful EM spectrum would suspend the influence of gravity on him. Xorn wouldn't fare as well if Magneto did the same to him. In fact, Magneto could just destroy Xorn's blackhole entirely.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 08:23 AM
Cosmic Cube

Mind you, a Black hole isn't like a headlock, whoever gets sucked in is dead. If Magneto did create a black hole, Xorn could nullify his personal gravity, so he wouldn't be pulled in. Xorn's gravitational power far exceeds Magneto's limited power over gravity.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Feb 20th, 2005 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 09:06 PM
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Juggernaut would not be able to survive a black hole I suppose?

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 10:06 PM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote