KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » silver surfer vs darksied

silver surfer vs darksied
Started by: kgkg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kgkg
Vigilante

silver surfer vs darksied

never thinks darksied can take on surfer and glactus lol

i just want to get opinions on what you guys think

about darksied vs silver surfer

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:02 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Darksied would kill Surfer imo.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 12:29 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Surfer will kill darksied IMO. What is Darkseid going to do? Hit him with the dreaded Omega beams that Superman pretty much ignores? Surfer wilL BLAST HIM INTO NOTHINGNESS!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 12:32 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

oh yea your right. My bad

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 12:35 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Why make a thread everyone knows the answer too?

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 12:39 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

lol you should read what "never" said he said darksied is greater than glactus himself , i wanted to show him his herald will mess him up that's all.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:18 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Although this isn't a bad thread, please don't start any "you think your character's so great so i'm gonna put him against impossible odds just to spite you" threads, I having a habit of closing those kinds of threads.

And it's not that easy to determine a winner here, since it IS Darkseid after all, the guy who puts a hurtin' on Superman at times, the guy who inspired Thanos (who beat Silver Surfer like a redheaded stepchild).

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:56 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

From what ive heard the Omega beams are nothing to laugh about and Darkseid is not a push over you give to much credit to the silver surfer he aint that powerful less he is the keeper or the kryptonian other then that get over yourselves. He would go down against Darkseid and if you guys wanna put surfer up against Darkseid it should be pre-crisis Darkseid who killed the anti-monitor.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:56 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

IIRC in "The Hunger" Darkseid hit Surfer with the Omega beams which caused serious damage to his metallic body...so I'm of the belief that Darkseid could mop the floor with the Surfer.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:58 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Lord S
IIRC in "The Hunger" Darkseid hit Surfer with the Omega beams which caused serious damage to his metallic body...so I'm of the belief that Darkseid could mop the floor with the Surfer.

Are you certain? If that is the crossover (out of continuity) battle where Galactus was going to consume Apokalips, I think you are mistaken. He hit Galactus with his Omega Beams, and Galactus just smirked at him.

Silver Surfer battled Orion and was about to kill him. The Black Racer was on his way, and Silver Surfer hesitated for just a second...after which Orion jumped out of the way.

I don't think Darkseid used his Omega Beams on Norrin. The last time I recall anything damaging his skin (which is actually supposed to be impervious to...basically everything) was some preposterous story wherein Wolverine slashed through it. I ***think*** that was a "What If" story, so it does not count anyway.

I did not even see the first post in this thread...LoL, grow up.

Last edited by Never on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 04:03 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:01 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Never underestimate Wolverine... That is such bullshit. What stopped Surfer from making him a pool of liquid adamantium? Regardless, Omega Beams are radiation. Norrin can absorb all forms of radiation.

Tron, are you talking about Thanos defeating Surfer while he was collecting the Infinity Gems? If so, that isn't fair comparison. Darksied isn't nearly that powerful. Darksied fears Superman. Almost anytime Superman comes into town, Darksied will try to use those Omega Beams to no avail, and then take a portal elsewhere.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:05 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Mider
From what ive heard the Omega beams are nothing to laugh about and Darkseid is not a push over you give to much credit to the silver surfer he aint that powerful less he is the keeper or the kryptonian other then that get over yourselves. He would go down against Darkseid and if you guys wanna put surfer up against Darkseid it should be pre-crisis Darkseid who killed the anti-monitor.

In the Crisis of the Infinite Earths it took FARRRRR more than just pre-crisis Darkseid to take out the anti-monitor.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:10 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Never underestimate Wolverine... That is such bullshit. What stopped Surfer from making him a pool of liquid adamantium? Regardless, Omega Beams are radiation. Norrin can absorb all forms of radiation.

WHAT?!

My God (and erm, I thought THE RULES stated NO CURSING in the threads?), maybe Surfer does not KILL? HELLLLO, he is a PACIFIST.

LoL @ Wolverine being mentioned with Silver Surfer. That is a joke.

Um, MAGNETO turned his adamantium into liquid and bled it out of him. Surfer could do the same if he so chose.

Omega Beams are NOT RADIATION. How about showing us where it says that they are radiation?

Or are you making that up too?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:16 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
In the Crisis of the Infinite Earths it took FARRRRR more than just pre-crisis Darkseid to take out the anti-monitor.

It was superman, earth2superman and darkseid who delivered the final blows to the anti-monitor. Even after he kept coming back time and time again, finally as a flaming asteroid.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:35 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

The Anti-Monitor was such a stupid damn bad guy to have such an epic plot revolve around.

The Omega Beams are pretty tough...they managed to destroy the Cyborg Superman pretty easily.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:44 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

I'm terribly sorry, curse my menial intellect. What are they? They certainly are a form of energy... Whoops, looks like Surfer can absorb that too.

Or maybe the beams are a form of matter? But then again, Surfer can manipulate matter too. Since he's a pacifist, he could turn them into ice cream. Ice cream so good that it would turn Darkseid from evil forever.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:48 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

lol , well i am pretty sure that Omega beam will do some damage to the surfer but not kill him.

I think he can take darksied

what are darksieds powers other than imense strenth , and beams that he can use to beat surfer?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:23 PM
Linkalicious

A superior intellect as well...

I hate to use the old A>B, B>C, therefore A>C arguement. But IMO, Surfer can take Superman, Superman can take Darkseid, therefore Silver Surfer can take Darkseid.

Not the best way to put it, but it sums up my beliefs.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:32 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

but it is true tho if darksied can't beat superman there is no way he can beat surfer.

Man they made darksied a wimp what happend to the darksied that used to beat the shit out of sups.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Beyonder

quote:
Originally posted by Never
LoL, someone must be snorting Ajax.

I guess that's why Surfer chose to battle Orion instead of Darkseid in the crossover (only frame of reference that we have)? LoL @ Surfer could take Darkseid.

This is why Darkseid has rearranged entire universes? Darkseid also has a planets FULL of parademons -- forgot about those? Forgot about his Mother Box? His Boom Tubes? The more I think about this, the funnier it gets.

Darkseid losing to Superman is absolutely horrific writing (to hell with the Super Friends version -- let's talk KIRBY'S Darkseid). The only person in the DCU to ever stand up to The Omega Effect is Doomsday...because he cannot die.

Darkseid is a GOD. Silver Surfer is a HERALD (or former herald).

Are you kidding me? He raises his eyebrow and worlds start to tremble!

*shrug* LoL, whatevs.

And no, Gladiator cannot defeat Darkseid. The Hulk stomped the living hell out of GLadiator already.

If we're talking about Pre-Crisis Darkseid than yes. That was basically Darkseid as Kirby intended. However, since this isn't Pre-Crisis Darkseid, he ain't on a hungry Galactus' level.

Full powered Galactus (ex: destroying Galaxies in his battle with full powered Tyrant) > Pre-Crisis Darkseid
Starving Galactus > Post Crisis Darkseid

In that crossover, a hungry Galactus took on Apokolip forces and Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Effect didn't work on Galactus because Galan an essential to the universe and more powerful as well. The OE can't kill anything that was essential to the universe, therefore, couldn't kill Galactus. After that attack, Galactus sent Darkseid flying. Darksied and his forces couldn't stop a hungry Galactus; hence, Darkseid is not equal to Galactus.

And despite what Byrne said, this crossover and other feats by both characters says otherwise.

In that same crossover, Silver punked Orion, while Darkseid actually was hurting Surfer with his Omega Beams (not Omega Effect).

Gladiator wins 3/10.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:44 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote