KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » World's Strongest Super-Being 2

World's Strongest Super-Being 2
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Apocalypse 4 4.12%
Darkseid 2 2.06%
Doomsday 9 9.28%
Grundy 0 0%
Hulk 21 21.65%
Juggernaut 11 11.34%
Superman 25 25.77%
Thanos 20 20.62%
The Thing 1 1.03%
Thor 4 4.12%
Total: 97 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azndrgn

Thanks for everyone that commented on the 1st thread - World's Strongest Super-Being Competition. Based on your great responses I've added/subtracted people. I've also modified the events so maybe there's more argument as to who'd win. Last "year's" winner was the Hulk (at the time I made this thread).

One year later, the mightiest super heroes & villians gather again to see who is the World's Strongest Super-Being. As always, they put aside their differences to compete fairly in this contest of pure strength. Keep in mind, these are the regular versions of these heroes/villains, not modified in any way (i.e., no Superman Prime, 8th Day Juggernaut, etc.) Sadly, Colossus and Wonder Woman will not be competing this "year" because they did not receive any votes from the last competition. Please remember, only body strength may be used in the events.

The entrants:
Apocalypse (restricted to maintain his default size throughout the competition, i.e., he's not allowed to grow)
Darkseid (not allowed to use telekinetic powers to lift things)
Doomsday
Grundy
Hulk
Juggernaut
Superman (can't use heat vision in Event 5)
Thanos (no Gauntlet, that's not his natural strength)
The Thing
Thor

The events:
1. "Bench press" the Empire State building as many times possible before tiring
2. Contestant is harnessed to a rope connected to 100 linked Panzer tanks. Goal is to pull the line of tanks the fastest across the length of 10 football fields.
3. Like a shot put, throw an 18-wheeler the longest distance
4. Squat 50 tour buses welded together as many times possible before tiring
5. Bend as many steel girders as possible in a minute

Take the poll! Who takes home the trophy?

Last edited by azndrgn on Mar 3rd, 2005 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 02:59 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

My pick to win the whole thing is Superman. Upset that he lost to Hulk at the last competition, Supes trains like crazy to edge out the Hulk in the 2nd contest. Hulk did after all just edge Superman when I made this thread.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:10 AM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

Winner of each event

Event #- Contestant
1 - Juggernaut
2 - Hulk
3 - Superman
4 - Superman
5 - Doomsday

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:16 AM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

why are grundy and the thing in this?

apocalypse would win, unless hulk ios realy pissed, and still apoc might win

IM AWESOME

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:18 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspinz
why are grundy and the thing in this?

apocalypse would win, unless hulk ios realy pissed, and still apoc might win

For some reason, people question why any powerhouse that's not Supes, Juggs, or the Hulk should not be in this competition. But they wouldn't lose by an embarassing margin

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:23 AM
azndrgn

All readers, if you could, please vote on the poll so I can actually tally the true scores for each contestant to come up w/ a winner based on the votes. In other words, if you just comment on who would win, but don't vote, it won't be counted. Thanks

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:25 AM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

apocalpyse can have ANY physical power he wants, if he wants to be the size of a skyscraper, and stronger than the hulk at max pissed he can be....

IM AWESOME

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:30 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

The rules state Apocs must maintain his default size and strength throughout the competition. He's not allowed to increase his size and strength past what he'd normally be if no one was fighting him. It wouldn't be fair against the other contestants

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:34 AM
azndrgn

Uh ohhhh, the Man of Steel is the favorite so far...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 03:44 AM
azndrgn

Good, somebody finally voted for the Hulk.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:00 AM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

As far as repetition goes, I might give my vote to Superman. If it were a test of lifting sheer weight, I would choose Thanos or Hulk. Apocalypse cannot endow himself with infinite strength.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:06 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

How strong is Thanos w/out the Gauntlet?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:08 AM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

He can lift over 100 tons.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:31 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

very stong he punked hulk and thor

my vote Thanos

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:33 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

Thanos wins this one

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:39 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

curse you. excluding the speed events, all of which go to superman, thanos is probably the most physically strong.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:44 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

I made a previous thread about who'd win a race around the world. Flash won

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:59 PM
azndrgn

I think so far the votes are reasonable

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 09:59 PM
LordFear

it would come down to Doomsday and Thanos and I say the mad Titan god gets this.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:07 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by LordFear
it would come down to Doomsday and Thanos and I say the mad Titan god gets this.

That's an interesting decision. Most would say Hulk & Supes in the end

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:24 PM