KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » doomsday vs magneto

doomsday vs magneto
Started by: kgkg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kgkg
Vigilante

doomsday vs magneto

doomsday vs magneto

can magneto stop doomsday or does doomday have magneto for lunch?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 05:54 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OMEGA_05
Omega Member

If magneto is smart he ill keep his distance from Doomsday

but sooner or later doomsday is going to get what he wants......and thats the fall of magneto

You should only proof yourself worthy to god, no one else...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:03 PM
OMEGA_05 is currently offline Click here to Send OMEGA_05 a Private Message Find more posts by OMEGA_05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Magneto wins the first fight. Don't see him him winning much after that.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:06 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

first fight?

there is no rematch

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:09 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OMEGA_05
Omega Member

What are magnetos powers in this fight?

You should only proof yourself worthy to god, no one else...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:10 PM
OMEGA_05 is currently offline Click here to Send OMEGA_05 a Private Message Find more posts by OMEGA_05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Doomsday...without a shadow of a doubt.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:03 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by OMEGA_05
What are magnetos powers in this fight?

Good question. We'll keep it to classic Magneto. That includes almost absolute control over EM energy. That means radiation across the spectrum (microwaves, soundwaves, cosmic rays, electricity). That also means controlling iron in blood, electrical impulses in the brain and nervous system. He can also create a forcefield of sufficient strength to hold off Thor with Mjolnir. He has the powers of flight and, of course, control over all metals. I may leave the blackhole thing out of it.

If it's one fight and one fight only, Magneto wins. But he'd better hope he never runs into Doomsday again. Once someone becomes immune to his power, that's it for Magneto, unless he gets really resourceful. And I don't think he'll come up with enough ways to beat Doomsday after his primary options are evolved past.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:51 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Isn't Classic Magneto the one that could only move cars and hunks of metal and crap?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:52 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Doomsday instantly adapts and moves too quickly for the eye to follow.

*splat*

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:53 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

He doesn't instantly adapt.

ok, "Classic" Classic Magneto, yes, only moves metal and all that. You're right. I mean, "non-reality controlling Magneto"

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:55 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

You've really been stroking Doomsday a lot recently

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:55 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
He doesn't instantly adapt.

ok, "Classic" Classic Magneto, yes, only moves metal and all that. You're right. I mean, "non-reality controlling Magneto"

"His strength and invulnerability rivaling that of the Man of Steel, Doomsday is an unstoppable engine of destruction. >>>>>>>>His innate ability to adapt to any situation has made the creature virtually immortal and prevents him from being harmed by any single attack for any significant length of time."

On more than one occasion he has.

Writers have characterized him as doing such (similar to The Shaggy Man).

But...!

You're right, he doesn't.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 09:58 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Doomsy get's this. C'mon this is a being engineered to adapt to it's surroundings. It's almost like a bacteria or virus. Doomsy is just too powerful for Mags

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:10 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by Never
"His strength and invulnerability rivaling that of the Man of Steel, Doomsday is an unstoppable engine of destruction. >>>>>>>>His innate ability to adapt to any situation has made the creature virtually immortal and prevents him from being harmed by any single attack for any significant length of time."

You misread - it said "innate ability to adapt", not "instant ability to adapt". When has he instantly adapted to something?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:17 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
You misread - it said "innate ability to adapt", not "instant ability to adapt". When has he instantly adapted to something?

No, I did not misread.

Imperiex's blast.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:21 PM
LordFear

How is Mag gonna affect Doomsy?
Forget the whole nervous system, iron-blood, electrical crap cuz Doomsy doesn't have a human physiology. Second Mags shield may withstand blows from the likes of Mjolnir but for how long and what is the effect of such a strain on his powers as a result? Therefore each punch from Doomsy will be of roughly the same might as the Uru hammer. Doomsy is gonna eat Magnus for lunch!!!!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:21 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OtterVomit

quote:
Doomsy is gonna eat Magnus for lunch!!!!

Possibly literally.

Doomsday takes this one.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:38 PM
OtterVomit is currently offline Click here to Send OtterVomit a Private Message Find more posts by OtterVomit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

You don't have to have a human physiology to have a nervous system. Every animal has one. Stands to reason Doomsday would too.

Other than that, I guess it's BFR...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 10:40 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Doomsday has electrons though

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 11:04 PM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

quote:
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Doomsday has electrons though

So do Galactus and Thanos but I dont Magneto can take them.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 11:08 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote