KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Save the President's daughter: Punisher's team vs. Batman's team

Which team should be chosen?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Punisher's team 7 36.84%
Batman's team 12 63.16%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Save the President's daughter: Punisher's team vs. Batman's team
Started by: azndrgn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azndrgn

Save the President's daughter: Punisher's team vs. Batman's team

Hypothetical Comic storyline: The Sinister Six (Doc Ock, Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Electro, Vulture, and Sandman) have kidnapped the President's daughter for ransom. They've threatened if he doesn't transfer $300 million into a specified offshore bank account in 24 hours, they'll kill his daughter. After watching his tearful address to the nation, the Punisher and Batman, both having suffered the loss of family, sympathize with the President and both decide to form a tactical team to help rescue the President's daughter.

Leader: Punisher
2nd Command: Wolverine
Daredevil
Hawkeye
Morph
Nightcrawler

Leader: Batman
2nd Command: Storm
Green Arrow
Invisible Woman
Martian Manhunter
Shadowcat

Satellite imaging has captured the heat signature of the Sinister Six underground base in the sewers. Their defenses include pitch-black sewer tunnels, armed guards paid off by Doc Ock, hovering machine-gun sentry units patrolling the tunnels and motion sensor C4 packs placed throughout the tunnels. The Sinister Six are guarding the president's daughter in a large deadend room. Given the circumstances, which team should the President choose?
***Keyword is tactical. Instead of going guns-a-blazing there are ways in which both teams can get to the deadend room unnoticed, but they still have to face the Sinister Six. So think as to which team can get past the defenses and beat the Sinister Six the fastest?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:17 PM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Batman team by far. Strategically superior, as well as in terms of option provided by the available powers.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Batman team by far. Strategically superior, as well as in terms of option provided by the available powers.

How do you think Batman's team would counter each defense? And how do you think their battle with the Sinister Six would go?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:22 PM
azndrgn is currently offline Click here to Send azndrgn a Private Message Find more posts by azndrgn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

nightcrawler could simply port himself wolverine and punisher into the holding room, punisher and wolvy distract the six, by killing them or whatever, while nightcrawler ports the girl to safety then goes back for his team mates......... job done

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:31 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Why the hell does Batman get Marvel characters but Punisher has no DC characters?

Anyways, like Scoobless, I say Punisher has the best chance simply because they have Nightcrawler. A little recon to figure out where the girl is, Nightcrawler 'ports in, grabs the girl, and 'ports back out before anyone can react. Then the rest of the team goes in and throws everything they've got at the kidnappers without fear of hurting the hostage.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:37 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

I can't really choose yet. For me, it's a tough call. I think both teams could get it done, but because of the 24 hr. time limit I think it adds something to it. The team that couldn't organize the fastest might be pushing the time envelope which would probably be Punisher's team. Batman's team members I would think have more of a team mentality.

However, as I said, both teams could get the job done as for getting past the defenses. Punisher's team would easily navigate the dark tunnels with Daredevil "seeing" by the sound waves produced from the team walking in the sewer water and Wolverine could probably smell the Sinister Six tracks. Again, w/ DD and Wolv's supersenses they could hear the guards long before Batman's team could. Morph could pose as guards to lure them away from the team or Nightcrawler could beat the crap out of all of them by teleporting and hitting. Hawkeye could easily deal with the sentry units. For the C4 packs, Wolv would smell the bomb powder, warn the team, and then Night could teleport them all past each bomb.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:37 PM
azndrgn

For Batman's team to navigate the dark tunnels I would assume Batman has some night vision goggles or some sort. Storm COULD have some lightning flash flash about, but then they would be detected. Also, Batman's team better hope Storm doesn't get claustrophobic or she'll start spazzing out, giving away their position. The Invisible Woman, Martian and Shadow could definitely surprise attack the guards. Heck, IW and Shadow could hit them w/out being seen. Like Hawkeye, GA would take good care of the sentry units. As for the C4 packs, I would assume Batman would have thought about the bombs being planted and would've brought infrared goggles and could disarm the bombs. Or Storm could possibly short circuit the bombs.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:45 PM
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Khellendros
Why the hell does Batman get Marvel characters but Punisher has no DC characters?

Anyways, like Scoobless, I say Punisher has the best chance simply because they have Nightcrawler. A little recon to figure out where the girl is, Nightcrawler 'ports in, grabs the girl, and 'ports back out before anyone can react. Then the rest of the team goes in and throws everything they've got at the kidnappers without fear of hurting the hostage.

I was just trying to make the best tactical team for both sides. It just happened that Punisher ended up w/ all Marvel.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:46 PM
azndrgn

As for each team's showdown w/ the Sinister Six...let me think about it

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:49 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Actually, Punisher's team would probably take to teamwork better than you might think. They all know each other, Wolverine has worked in covert ops teams before, Punisher was a cop, Hawkeye was in the Avengers and Nightcrawler and Morph have been a part of various X-teams. The only one without a long history of teamwork is Daredevil, and he isn't exactly pigheaded when it comes to teaming up.

On the other team, though, you have a bunch of characters who don't even know half the other team. They might be more docile when forced to forma team, but they will have less experience working with their teammates powers, which means they have to spend more time getting to know each other.

Punisher's team could meet for the first time in an alley behind the place the hostage is being held, spend fifteen minutes sharing info, then smoothly integrate into a well-oiled machine.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:54 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

I agree with what was said before. Punisher's team could teleport the girl safely away to beat the crap outta the Sinister Six. Assuming each picks someone to go against I'd imagine Wolv vs Doc, DD vs Electro, Punisher vs Mysterio, Hawkeye vs Hobgob, Nightcralwer vs Vulture, Morph vs Sandman. Morph would have trouble w/ Sandman so Punisher, Hawkeye, Night and DD come help and then they all go finish Doc Ock who would probably last the longest on the Six.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:57 PM
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, Punisher's team would probably take to teamwork better than you might think. They all know each other, Wolverine has worked in covert ops teams before, Punisher was a cop, Hawkeye was in the Avengers and Nightcrawler and Morph have been a part of various X-teams. The only one without a long history of teamwork is Daredevil, and he isn't exactly pigheaded when it comes to teaming up.

On the other team, though, you have a bunch of characters who don't even know half the other team. They might be more docile when forced to forma team, but they will have less experience working with their teammates powers, which means they have to spend more time getting to know each other.

Punisher's team could meet for the first time in an alley behind the place the hostage is being held, spend fifteen minutes sharing info, then smoothly integrate into a well-oiled machine.

Very strong point

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:59 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Couldn't MM just use his invisiblity, superspeed, and intangibility to bypass all the offenses and grab the girl without anyone knowing it? Hell MM could just put all the guards to sleep with his telepathy. Including the Sinister Six

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:02 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

They're against the Sinister Six. They have Martian Manhunter and Invisible Woman, led by Batman. The rest is elementary.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:03 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Batman has IW, MM, AND SC?

That's not even fair.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:05 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azndrgn

However, Batman's team could get the girl out of harm's way just as easily as Nightcrawler. Shadowcat and IW use their powers simultaneously so they can move through walls AND be invisible. They grab the girl and get her away just as well as Night. Assuming each picks someone to go against I'd imagine Storm vs Electro, GA vs Hobgob, IW vs Sandman, Martian vs Doc, Batman vs Msyterio and Shadow vs Vulture. Shadow would probably have trouble w/ Vulture so Batman, Storm, IW and GA come to help and then they all go finish Doc Ock off.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:05 PM
azndrgn

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
Couldn't MM just use his invisiblity, superspeed, and intangibility to bypass all the offenses and grab the girl without anyone knowing it? Hell MM could just put all the guards to sleep with his telepathy. Including the Sinister Six

Haha, but you know the comics would never let it be that easy. The fans wanna see a fight

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:06 PM
azndrgn

What the heck, I pick Punisher's team cuz of their ability to move through the tunnels and past the defenses. Overall, I think they'd give the Sinister Six a better beating. From what I mentioned before, I think Storm's claustrophobia freakouts would be detrimental to Batman's team's stealth.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:10 PM
azndrgn

Ultimately, there is no right or wrong answer in my opinion. Just preferences. But I sure wouldn't mind seeing this happen!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:11 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

i think the prez's sense of national security might come into play and he'd have to pick between a team with a german and a canadian, along with a wanted murderer leading them, a vigilante and a mutant terrorist.... the only thing they have working for them is an avenger V's two mutant terrorists, one member of the world renowned fantastic four and three respected JLA members........ i guess he would have to go with bat's team.......... though i think nightcrawler would be the most useful in terms of getting the girl out safely

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:20 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote