KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk vs. Thanos

Hulk vs. Thanos
Started by: Lord-of-Dreams

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Hulk vs. Thanos

The one human being that Thanos ever blinked at.
I say Thanos beats him with his cosmic powers, then leaves his beaten ass floating in space.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 07:58 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

First round : Thanos kicks his ass.
Second round: Hulks gets stronger and kicks Thanos around.
Third round: they both leave injured.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:01 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Yeah Thanos shouldn't have any trouble disposing of the Hulk.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:02 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanos and sentry are basically unbeatable so there no point of putting them in a vs match thanos with the ig is bascially god and sentry has (Limitlesspower and is Immortal) so whats the point anymore lol...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:05 PM
chris_63256 is currently offline Click here to Send chris_63256 a Private Message Find more posts by chris_63256 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

We're not talking about Thanos with the IG...this is regular Thanos.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:06 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Thanos would definitely beat up on Hulk (with powers/brains instead of brawn),
but even Thanos has admitted that a confrontation with The Hulk is
something he prefers to avoid. He's not stupid. He knows the whole:
"mr. mcgee, don't make me angry....you wouldn't like me when i'm angry" bit.
He knows the limits of Hulk's strength have yet to be seen....

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:06 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Peter David, author of Hulk for who knows how long was once asked "So, is Hulk stronger than Thanos?" and he replied "Well, Thanos is sort of in his own strength class."

Coming from an author of Hulk, that speaks volumes.

I say Thanos' but he'd have to do more than just duke it out.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:08 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like I said theres no point

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:14 PM
chris_63256 is currently offline Click here to Send chris_63256 a Private Message Find more posts by chris_63256 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Well there is a point...this in itself is an extremely decent fight...unlike Hulk vs. Nightcrawler for example (see other thread no ).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:16 PM
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wouldn't Thanos just blast Hulk to bits anyway?

Besides, Thanos is supose to be a master of
countless fighting styles. He'd knwo how to deal
with the Hulk.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:21 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos like freak said has very few if any equals to power but thats not the point hes also the most intelligent bastard in MU do you think hes going to just go toe to toe theres other ways and anyway if it was a slugfest by the time he got pissed enough to even give a (decent fight) his lights are put the F$%k out thanos doesnt have to get to that level hes there player done Case closed.... Like I said no point and I love the hulk by the way.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:24 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's not overlook the FACT that Thanos is scared of the Hulk.

I think Thanos would win, but Thanos might not think the same. He said himself that he avoids fighting the Hulk.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 09:50 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Yeah I remember that ish as clear as day because I never thought Thanos would regard a mortal with nothing less than contempt and insignicance but when he alluded to the fact that Hulk is not someone that he would like to face unless if necessary, I gave old jolly green giant a serious nod of respect!!!! A titan somewhat fearing you???
That's wicked, dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hulk would really make Thanos work for this win, I guarantee that much.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 10:10 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Proof.

-AC

Attachment: thanos.jpg
This has been downloaded 260 time(s).

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 10:16 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Wanting to avoid something because it's difficult, and not being able to do it are two completely different things.

Let's not forget that he doesn't have that obsession with pleasing death anymore, so if he CAN do something, it's going to get done. No self-pity here.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:37 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

exactly trust me this is not even close...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 11:40 PM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

It could get pretty damn close. Hulk is considered one of the most powerful Characters in any comic U. He won't go down easy, pal. Remember, he gets pumped as he gets pissed, and he really has an anger management problem wink
Thanos: Hello, Hulk...
Hulk: Aghhhhhhhhh!!! HULK SMASH!!!!!!
Something like that smile. Hulk knows Thanos.
Perhaps I should set a limit. The two are in a different U... You know the one Thanos and SS were sent to by... I don't remember... but it was during the whole IG debacle, to settle their fued before going to get the IGs back? Yea. That one...
Just a universe where noene gets killed, and the place doesn't get destroyed, and it's ONE on ONE. No fleets of cavalry for Big T.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:00 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

I wish people would stop posting things about characters that everyone knows. We are all well aware that Hulk has unlimited strength (As far as we know) and will pretty much end up decimating anyone after a long enough period of time, assuming he survives that long. The real question here is, how does Thanos propose to eliminate Hulk before he can cause him damage?

First, we have to take into account how powerful Thanos is compared to the regular Hulk at a starting level. Obviously, Thanos dwarfs Hulk, so he really has no fear to begin with, but he knows damn well that it won't take forever for Hulk's love taps to become gut-busters.

On that point, we have to figure in how long Hulk will take to reach a level of power sufficient to overcome Thanos. He has shown the ability to regenerate from nearly anything (Hulk: The end, he has the majority of his body eaten away by bugs, and he regenerates.) and in rare occasions, use immense levels of strength that would seem impossible for his current demeanor (Secret wars, he holds up the mountain range) These can easily be considered anomalies, but should not be dismissed, as anything can happen in a fight.

Second, we have to look at how much damage Thanos can cause in X amount of time, where X is how long it'll take Hulk to reach his 'Danger level'. Unlike Hulk, Thanos obviously starts at his full potential, so if he cannot defeat Hulk within a reasonable amount of time, I doubt he'll be able to achieve such a feat at all. Simply put, what does Thanos bring to the table to put Hulk away?

Burning away his flesh, physically mangling him, and other such options are viable, considering the amount of time it took him to recover from a spine injury. Yet, he has also shown the ability to recover from such attacks on multiple occasions. A good question here is, what forms of attack does Thanos have to disable/destroy Hulk that he has no chance, barring an anomaly, in a set time frame.

So, we have to find;

1) How quickly does Hulk increase his power.
2) How much damage can Hulk take, and what is his average recovering rate.
3) How much damage does Thanos do, and how long does it take him to inflict this.
4) How much damage can Thanos take, and what is his average recovering rate.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:18 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Uh...Huh... Yes, proffesor wink
But I don't think it really matters how much power Hulk attains. I believe that Thanos' powers would allow him to hold the great beast down until he decides to just say enough. It's really a tie, if there's nowhere to dump Hulk. Anyway, Thanos has the power to fell Hulk a while before he could get BIG.
P.s. where are all the Hulk fanboys at? I love proving their dumb reasonings wrong big grin

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:28 AM
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are assuming that Thanos will choose to fight Hulk
hand-to-hand.

Thanos, like Silver Surfer and other cosmic-powered
beings, can easily vaporize the Hulk. The Hulk isn't
made of adamantium or anything. Thanos can just
blast him away.

But even if Thanos decides to take this hand-to-hand,
Thanos has been alive for some 10,000 years, during
which time he fought countless battles, and learned
many, many fighting skills (I believe he is the one who
trained super assassin/killer/fighter Gamora), so I
think his skills, combined with the higher base-level
physical strength, gives him an early knock-down.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 12:30 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote