KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » which of these guys could survive a direct hit with a nuclear weapon?

which of these guys could survive a direct hit with a nuclear weapon?
Started by: Betageuze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Betageuze

which of these guys could survive a direct hit with a nuclear weapon?

Hulk
Juggernaut
Abomination
Gladiator
Thor
Hercules
Thing

what do you think ?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:15 PM
Betageuze is currently offline Click here to Send Betageuze a Private Message Find more posts by Betageuze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

All bar thing imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betageuze

sorry... i am austrian ... what do you mean pr1983 ???

all these guys... except thing ???

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:23 PM
Betageuze is currently offline Click here to Send Betageuze a Private Message Find more posts by Betageuze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes, though i am not an expert on hercules or abomination... though i have heard they are quite powerful...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betageuze

i believe Abomination can survive.... also Hercules.... both full powered ...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Betageuze
i believe Abomination can survive.... also Hercules.... both full powered ...

i agree...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:26 PM
Betageuze

but... can Thor really survive a direct hit.... i mean.. not blocked by Mjolnir ???

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:27 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If he has the hammer in his hand at all i'd say so...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:29 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

yup

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:29 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Betageuze

is thor NOT 100ton class.... when not holding his Uru hammer ???

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:31 PM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Betageuze
is thor NOT 100ton class.... when not holding his Uru hammer ???

Without Mjolnir Thor is equal to the current Hercules.They are in the top rank members of the Class 100 of Strenght possessors, with Mjolnir, Thor surpass Hercules, of around 50% of physical power.
Anyway Hercules even with half of his powers can survive to a nuclear strike, same for Abomination.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:19 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heracles

Classic Herc is Immortal so yes he can survive a hit Im not sure about the new mortal Herc though.

Thing is very Doubtful.

Thor isnt a true Immortal but he is very resistant so I'd say yes with his Hammer maybe without it.

Juggernaught and the Hulk if its classic Juggy and not the new depowered version then yes Hulk I would also say yes without a doubt.

Abomination probably hes pretty tough

Gladiator yeah no problem the guy can pretty much do anything if his confidence is up.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:01 PM
Heracles is currently offline Click here to Send Heracles a Private Message Find more posts by Heracles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Abomination has the same recuperative powers as hulk does he not?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:57 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

yeah I think so

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:57 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

After looking at the Marvel Directory (which I know many people hate) they state:

"It is possible to injure him, however: for example, the Abomination could not survive the detonation of a nuclear warhead from ten feet away."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:03 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

okay...I'll believe that.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:09 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heracles

No hes not as tough as the Hulk in his current incarnation.

And doesn't heal as quick.

My first thought about Abomination was no he couldn't but that was based on my knowledge of his powers from 20 odd years ago and with Marvel and there updates God only knows which Is why I said probably.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:27 PM
Heracles is currently offline Click here to Send Heracles a Private Message Find more posts by Heracles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heracles

According to the Directory Hulk can't survive either.

"In addition to great strength, the Hulk's body possesses a high degree of resistance to injury, pain, and disease. The Hulk's skin is capable of withstanding great heat without blistering (up to 3,000° Fahrenheit), great cold without freezing (down to -190° F), and great impacts (he can survive direct hits by field artillery cannon shells). It is possible to injure him: he could not, for example, survive a near-hit with a nuclear warhead. The Hulk's highly efficient physiology renders him immune to all terrestrial disease."

But I read that descripiton back in the 80's edition of the Marvel Handbook so I think some of there descriptions are dated.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:32 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Hulk could survive....I think he's been upgraded since the 80's

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:33 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Id say Hulk, Juggernaut, Gladiator and possibly Thor as King Thor. Hercules is immortal however if he is struck by something of sufficient power to disintegrate the majority of his body on a molecular level then he aint getting up from that and thats a fact. The same goes for other earth races who claim to be immortal like the eternals and the externals.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 03:36 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote