KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jean Claude Van Damm(Prime) vS Steven Segal(Prime) /UFC cage fight.

Jean Claude Van Damm(Prime) vS Steven Segal(Prime) /UFC cage fight.
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:13 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I defer to the KMC forums vs. newbies thread on this one.

Neither of these guys are comic book characters man, so you shouldn't have posted this on this forum. Just keep that in mind for the future okay?

Oh yeah, I'd venture to say van damn would win. He's bigger, seems to be faster, and is way more agile than segal, prime or othewrwise.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:23 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
I defer to the KMC forums vs. newbies thread on this one.

Neither of these guys are comic book characters man, so you shouldn't have posted this on this forum. Just keep that in mind for the future okay?

Oh yeah, I'd venture to say van damn would win. He's bigger, seems to be faster, and is way more agile than segal, prime or othewrwise.

your funny.

If you lol..

If you felt so sensitive about the thread, why'd you offer your opinion.
The more agreeable and more noble thing to do was not answer...lol

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:25 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

hmmmmm I don't know if my responding to your post really needs to be turned into an ethics debate but, all i was trying to do was look out for you man, so you don't end up getting your ass mauled by the already annoyed experienced members of the board. i only offered my opinion since I was already here. Besides I figured that it would be more or less considerate to give you at least one opinion before this thread gets Xed. that's all.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:29 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Steven Seagal is the only real martial arts expert their. Steven Seagal will kick his A$$. Steven owns an Aikido school in Japan, and for a gaijin to teach something that was invented by a Japanese man, and teach it to Japanese people, has to be good. He has fought many challenge matches in Japan, where they still do that stuff, and has held his own against many top japanese martial artist.

Oh, by the way, I think this in the wrong thread.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:34 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Van Damme is NOT a martial artist. He would so get owned by Seagal, it's not even funny.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:10 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Van damme was owned by a bouncer at scores...
Seagal was scared of the mob...
Seagal wins...

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:12 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by theflyxx
Van Damme is NOT a martial artist. He would so get owned by Seagal, it's not even funny.

That's true. He has like black belt in fancy high kicks.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:13 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Van Damme got his ass kicked by Chuck Zito.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:19 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

wasn't van damn a kickboxing champion at one point? Like an actual fighting champ?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:20 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Van Damme was karate Europaen champion. In world champion he lost in semi-finals by someone, later there was rematch and Van Damme won in 2 minutes. After that his movie career began. But anyway Segal would win, but top UFC or PRIDE fighters would easily crush those two at once.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:31 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

yeah I thought so. I don't know how segal would win since van damn would just be throwing in fast punshes or kicks. I mean if segal mages to grab van damns hands or feet, yeah he'll cloober him, but otherwise I think van damn would have an advantage.....meh I hate both of these guys so what do i care?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:34 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

UFC fight yes. Street fight, no. Seagal can win via eye gouges, biting, illegal neck cranks(neck dislocation), headbutts, groin shots all legal on the streets. Seagal teaches at his seminars's along with his passive aikido techniques brutal no nonsense techniques. Very effective stuff. I'm know expert by any means, I've only been studying martial arts for over 19 years, and I'm still learning. His techniques are effective. His techniques with woman are novice though.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:42 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sentry
UFC fight yes. Street fight, no. Seagal can win via eye gouges, biting, illegal neck cranks(neck dislocation), headbutts, groin shots all legal on the streets. Seagal teaches at his seminars's along with his passive aikido techniques brutal no nonsense techniques. Very effective stuff. I'm know expert by any means, I've only been studying martial arts for over 19 years, and I'm still learning. His techniques are effective. His techniques with woman are novice though.

hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahhhahaha,lol,lol,h
ahahhahaha. Seagal vs UFC fighters (also in street fighets, but lets face it, UFC is somekind of legal street figthing), hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahhhahaha, Sentry, seriously you are making joke out of yourself, I will lost respect for you, if you will be saying such nonsense. UFC or Pride fighters are animals, they can break you bones if they wonated, they could **** your neck apart, they are animals, they can slam you, believe that Segal or greatest Aikido master in the world would be nothing to them (UFC, PRIDE fighters are the most well rounded figthers in the world, they would win stand up, they would kill them on ground, Aikido is not effective for combat, war, especailly not for street fighitng comparde to UFC, Pride fighters and figthers knows that and said that, why aren't there Aikido figthers in UFC, PRIDE, but they have combined knowledge of sambo, kicboxs, wresteing, BJJ, and not Aikido, cause Akido is no mathc for that). Segal would be more than joke.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 07:28 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He's right though. They have certain rules in UFC. Like no fish hooking. In a streetfight you could fish hook forever.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 07:37 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I know they are animals. I'm just saying, if you fight someone on the street, will you limit yourself to rules? Shihan Seagal has intergrated other techniques from other arts into his form of aikido. I have an amateur boxing record of 7-2, and amateur MMA record of 3-1. I have studied Kajukenbo for 19 years, Kali/Eskrima for 8 years, and Greco Roman Wrestling for 2. I bet I have more of a clue than what MMA is than what you know. I've met fighters from the UFC in Hawaii, BJ Penn, Cabbage Correia, and these guys respect Steven. In Hawaii we respect everyone, especially our elders. But these guys respect Seagal for his skill as well. He frequents Honolulu Hawaii, because he regularly travels back and forth from the states to Japan, and Honolulu is a frequent stop over. I've attended seminars in Oahu(I used to live on Maui) and I've witnessed Seagal sparring with his students and seminar attendees, tearing them to shreds, some of whom were Enson and Egan Inoue's students, a lot of sparring in Hawaii is done bare-knuckle kyokushinkai style, and he went through like 7 of them, at this man's seminar:

http://www.kempojutsu.net/

You should do research on people before bad mouthing people. I have no respect for you, and I will add you to my ignore list.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 08:01 AM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He's right though. They have certain rules in UFC. Like no fish hooking. In a streetfight you could fish hook forever.

Do yo seriously think Segal would stand a chance against UFC fighters, no he wouldn't even stand a chacne. UFC figthers are only limited in UFC, like no knees to the head (and no killing), in PRIDE even that is allowed=I mean knees, even headbutt are allowed in some tournaments. I think UFC, PRIDE figtes know everything better than we do, and if Aikido would be so good, they would train it, but they don't, it's not useful for such figths (they train everrything to make them better, but Aikido is not one of them, no good and they know that), only for their own rules in Aikido tournaments, but where is not their rules (like UFC and PRIDE, WHERE ALMOST everytihn is allowed, Segal and his few stend goes down at the same time). I really wonder if Segal would survive against Fedor or Cro Cop. I think Segal wouldn't even dare to fight them.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 08:03 AM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Van dam is no martial artist, he's a balet dancer. Even current washed up Seagul could beat a prime Van dame.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 08:46 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

closed!

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 08:52 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote