KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » galactus v dormammu

galactus v dormammu
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

galactus v dormammu

science v sorcery.

in the future, dormammu battled the galactic guardians to a standstill and that roster included the future's supreme sorcerer, a phoenix avatar and the spirit of vengeance. among others. and since i know someone will ask, let's say the big g is well fed though not at eternity level like some believe he is capable of attaining. (the veracity of that last statement IS NOT the discussion here!)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

It will be close. Dormammu did hold his own against Eternity, but he still got his a$$ kicked. Full Fed Galactus could probably do the same with much more effort than Eternity used. If they battled in Dormammu's dimension, I think he'd be able to repel Galactus out of his dimension, not beat him.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 08:37 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember Galactus fighting a mystical being who looked
like a worm or something, Ibelieve it was in an Excalibur
comic, and stood his own despite being in the creature's
dimension. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Dormammu is, I guess, one of the most powerful magical
beings in Marvel, so he should cause Galactus some trouble.

But I don't know if he can beat him even in his own realm.

Probably just stalemate him then expel him,a s Sentry said.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:24 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

The worm thing, wasn't that Agamotto?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:27 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

yep

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:30 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Depends on what we're talking about when we say "beat". If you mean beating him as in killing him..then I'd have to say no. Not even Eternity is capable of that. Now as far as overpowering the big G, I'd say yeah..but more often than not..the battle would end up as a stalemate..

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:50 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Galactus is not a non mystical entity himself he understands alsmost every kind of power. He has been around since before tthe beginning of our universe. So before any Sorcerers appeared anywhere in our universe there was Galactus. Ergo Galactus knows pretty much everything about the mystical in his 5 billion plus yeas he must have spent a few years learning about it the samee way he has super science, I suspect he is also supermystic.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 09:50 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

He doesn't actually. Despite what your saying, it isn't so. It's like Apocalypse being thousands of years old; but Doom or Magneto would school him in a accomplishments.

Galactus didn't know what Agamotto and it's realm was about. He had only the slightest clue of the mystics. However, he still stalemated Agamotto in it's realm in a Dr. Strange book.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 01:31 AM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Mystical beings - such as Odin, Mephisto, Dormammu, Agamotto - are more powerful in their own realm.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 01:53 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

The thing is Dormammu is still quite powerful outside his realm compared to other beings such as mephisto. He generates mystical energies within himself which allows him to draw on when their needed. He's also able to generate energy outside his realm, due to draining spiritual energies from his worshippers. But even outside his realm, i would still give it to galactus.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:37 AM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the Spinx was uber empowered mystically in Nova in the 70's galactus kicked his butt.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:55 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

<Well the Spinx was uber empowered mystically in Nova in the 70's galactus kicked his butt.>

ooooooo . . . great reference! and an apt one, methinks. the sphinx WAS very powerful, and he DID get his butt whooped. i loved those old nova's . . .

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks leonidas

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:22 PM
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

I didn't know anyone else remembered the Sphinx. Anyone remember what Galactus did to punish the Sphinx for challenging him?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 10:08 PM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

aww shot. didn't he turn him into somthing? can't remember . . .

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:19 AM
leonheartmm

every 1 is forgettin that even mephisto treated galactus like a ***** in his realm, dormammu is much more powerful it seems, n please for heaven's sake dont compare galactus with the like of eternity, eternity could eat a thousand galactuses for lunch, full power or not.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 05:05 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote