KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hercules vs Thor

Hercules vs Thor
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hercules vs Thor

Post Onslaught (Long-Haired) Hercules: Average/High CL 100+
- went toe-to-toe with Savage Hulk in Hulk-Hercules Unleashed, yet after awhile was getting his ass whupped.
(please log in to view the image)

Thor: High CL 100+
- Went toe-to-toe with Gladiator, but after awhile was getting his ass whupped as well.
(please log in to view the image)

Who wins?

Last edited by armandovalles on Apr 25th, 2005 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:08 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:12 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea i think thor would win too but only because he can shoot lighting and other long-range attacks using mjolnir, if they fought hand-to-hand i bet Herc would win.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:14 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Hercules as a comic charcter has just never impressed me. It always seems liek there are other strong men in the books who can do anything he can but better. I say Thor takes the win with Mjolnir and in an up close fight.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:15 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

in an up-close fight thor gets raped! even though post-onslaught herc is no longer as strong as he once was cuz he pissed off Zeus so Zeus took away his full godly strength, Herc is still a far better hand-to-hand fighter and can still kick thor's ass in a close-combat fight.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:26 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

this fight has always disappointed with the exception of the old giant sized thor where herc first appeared. in that, it was dead even. most of the fights since have had thor winning, though i'm not sure why. in that herc v hulk unleashed, herc was at a low point in his strength. when they clashed in an old tales to astonish herc had the upper hand though the first never ended, and when they tussled in the john byrne hulk, it was also dead nuts - herc deadlocked him after hulk basically messed up iron man, wonderman and namor. in a not-too-old avengers issue, wasp named him the strongest avenger the team ever had. i've loved herc for ages, but have always been disappointed with how his strength is portrayed - except in his limited series. in those babies he rocked!! (even took out zeus!)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
paolo2134

If we are talking about the hercules who was portrayed in the hulk unleashed comicbook then thor takes him with or without the hammer as that herc was clearly powered down and had lost most of his invulnerability.As for immortal herc versus thor hand to hand could go either way although i disagree thar herc is a better fighter where is the evidence?if anything i would say herc is often shown to be over cocky and rash and prone to mistakes whereas thor is shown to be a much more determined fighter.As for who is stronger it depends who you ask it is no secret that stan lee thought thor was marvel's most powerful physical hero and in the early years he was always shown to be able to match the hulk even when he was enraged.I think they are most often shown as physical equals with the difference being absolutely negligible.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:51 PM
paolo2134 is currently offline Click here to Send paolo2134 a Private Message Find more posts by paolo2134 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

well if were talking about: current herc - they are equal.
- post-onslaught herc - thor is stronger.
- classic full-god herc - herc is much stronger.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:08 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
well if were talking about : current herc - they are equal.
- post-onslaught herc - thor is stronger.
- classic full-god herc - herc is much stronger.

I hate to tell you this Armand Herc has never been a full god. His mother is mortal and that makes him a demi god.

Thor wins

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:31 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

no he was once granted full godhood by his father Zeus.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:33 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

no he was once granted full godhood by his father Zeus.
uh..................... comic book issue number, His demigodhood in traditional and marvel history is why he could battle the titans effectively on Earth.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 04:45 PM
Kid Kurdy

Best fight between the two : when they first met (I think it was written by Stan Lee and the artwork was done by Kirby). Great fight, really.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:35 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

u mean in secret wars?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:45 PM
Kid Kurdy

Secret Wars ? Lol, no even older than that, back in the sixties.

They were fighting and destroying half of Olympus, and Zeus interfered and sent Thor back to Asgard (And Thor, say hi from me to that one-eyed freak you call a father ! wink )

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:50 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

u mean in secret wars?
uh............ if you mean was that when they met no! and if you mean herc had full godhood in secret was uh no. He did become a god once when the avengers took on the high evolutionary in the Evolutionary Wars Annuals crossover/ Avengers issue but he went to far and achieved ascended godhood. No way was this a classic herc! He met Thor in Journey into Mystery the first time I believe but it was befoe my time and I do not know the issue! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Apr 26th, 2005 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 06:52 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

he became a god for a long time, he held up the world in Atlas' place for thousands of years as a god, and also held up manhattan as a god.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:04 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

he became a god for a long time, he held up the world in Atlas' place for thousands of years as a god, and also held up manhattan as a god.
roll eyes (sarcastic) held up the world in place of Atlas, I see......... and in what story of the greek gods was this? I am fascinated to know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:08 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

it was told by Hercules to Thor in a flashback avengers issue. I dont remember which one.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:10 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

it was told by Hercules to Thor in a flashback avengers issue. I dont remember which one.
roll eyes (sarcastic) So it must be true.......its not like herc has a reputation as a bragger..........is it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:12 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Zeus, with Hercules having died way, way, back in ancient Greece, raised his son to Olympus and granted him full, godlike, immortality as enjoyed by the rest of the pantheon. This also increased his already formidable strength.

Later, in the mid 90s, Hercules did something to piss off Zeus, I forget what now, some pandering or other that Zeus deemed even too wanton for Hercules, his most rowdy of filial relations; at any rate, Zeus took from Hercules the immortality he had originally granted him. Shorn of that godly boon, so did a portion of his strength leave him, dropping him, variably, from writer to writer, to around class 50-80 strength.

quote:
Hercules as a comic charcter has just never impressed me. It always seems liek there are other strong men in the books who can do anything he can but better.

Which is why, for a long time, I also was not a big fan of his. Dan Slott changed this in one issue of She-Hulk. Hercules is a rowdy libations loving loon (look, ma! alliteration!). He doesn't fight for the good of the world, he "shares the gift of battle" with his enemies, whom often find themselves bopped on the head by his Adamantine mace, with their crown split like an "o'er ripened melon." He's not interesting because he's strong, or because he's a Greek god. He's interesting because he's insanely ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 07:13 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote