KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pre-Crisis Superman VS King Thor

Pre-Crisis Superman VS King Thor
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pre-Crisis Superman VS King Thor

Pre-Crisis Superman

VS

King Thor

Who wins between these Gods of War?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 09:24 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

Did't in one of the jla/avengers thor knock out superman with the hammer?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:56 AM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea, in #1, but in #2 when they were fighting thor swung his hammer at supes and supes stopped it cold with his bare hands.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:59 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

So superman was knocked out by the hammer?

In the JLA/AVENGERS #1 Thor knocked out superman with his hammer, right. I just want to confirm whether the question is true.

However I know about the one you are talking about. It is the one where superman got jumped by the whole Avenger team.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 01:31 AM
lifeisaglich is currently offline Click here to Send lifeisaglich a Private Message Find more posts by lifeisaglich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, in JLA/Avengers #2 Thor + Supes fought one-on-one and supes won. Yet, in #1 Supes got jumped by Thor who threw his hammer at him and knocked him out.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 01:42 AM
lifeisaglich

So thor did knock out superman with his hammer.
However thor is not physically as strong as superman but his magic qualities surely makes up for that mess. don't you think.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by lifeisaglich on May 4th, 2005 at 02:05 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2005 01:59 AM
lifeisaglich

quote:
no, in JLA/Avengers #2 Thor + Supes fought one-on-one and supes won. Yet, in #1 Supes got jumped by Thor who threw his hammer at him and knocked him out.

Thor never managed to lay that hammer on superman thanks for trying to help. But you must know that what you are saying about thor knocking out superman during the JLA/Avengers issues simply did not happen.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:13 PM
jrodslam

No Thor did NOT knock out Superman with the hammer in JLA/Avengers #1.

Thor threw the hammer at Supes, knocking him back into a building. Superman wasnt knocked out. Knocked down and dazed a bit? Yea. People who have the book will se that on the last page, Superman is on one knee getting back up. Thats how book #1 of JLA/Avengers ended.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:29 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

Forgive me for being a skeptic. But I am not yet a lost course.
So what you are saying actually did happen. If it did why are some comic store owners so strong about the fact that nothing like this ever happen. Because I am going on what they said.

JLA VS Avengers JLA/AVENGERS what is the difference between the two. Or are they one and the same?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 03:49 PM
jrodslam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Forgive me for being a skeptic. But I am not yet a lost course.
So what you are saying actually did happen. If it did why are some comic store owners so strong about the fact that nothing like this ever happen. Because I am going on what they said.

JLA VS Avengers JLA/AVENGERS what is the difference between the two. Or are they one and the same?

No need to apologize.

Comic owners saying nothing like this ever happened? There has been many time where Superman has beed flawed with one hit.

Thor hit Superman with a sneak attack if you will. Superman and Captain America were argueing about how its each groups fault that strange things are happening in both worlds. Superman had all his attention on Cap.

Thor grew impatient and started twirling his hammer. WW looked up and noticed the lightning. Thor's last words were "I have had enow!" "Come Avengers--Let us showthese caitiffs what we think of them!"

He then throws the hammer at Superman who had his attention on Cap.

JLA vs. Avengers i do not have.
Im reffering to JLA/Avengers. The most recent crossover.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:01 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lifeisaglich

So JLA vs. Avengers and JLA/Avengers are two different tittles?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:14 PM
jrodslam

I believe so. I think there was a JLA vs Avengers years ago. I could be wrong though.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:16 PM
JWangSDC

No they are the same,

and yea, thor chucks teh hammer @ superman. Superman is laid on his ass....but NOT KNOCKED OUT. He's getting back up but the fight is already over, the avengers start teleporting around.

Then in the next all out brawl, superman beats thor.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:17 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by JWangSDC
He's getting back up but the fight is already over, the avengers start teleporting around.

Then in the next all out brawl, superman beats thor.

Well thats not compleeeetely true. When Supes gets back up, the groups fight for a while. Flash vs Hawkeye, Quicksilver vs Plastic Man, Iron Man vs Aquaman, Batman and Cap's quick duel. Lol. But the the teleporting does start after some time.

But youre right about the next all out brawl.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:22 PM
lifeisaglich

But are people saying this never happened? Again I am going by comic store owners I have talked to over the phone said that this never happen?

JLA/Avengers is kind of a continuation of JLA vs. Avengers? And JLA vs. Avengers is just people like you and me call the book simply because there was a fight between the avengers and the jla.

Thanks for answering all my stupid questions because I know asking the same questions over and over again gets tiring pretty fast.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:29 PM
jrodslam

Its cool man. You wanna know the truth in what happened. No harn in that.

The JLA and Avengers fought? Yes. Thor knocking Supes out? No.

As JWang said, they are the same. I think JLA/Avengers are still in the stores. They are still here in N.Y.

Like i said before, theres been plenty of times when Superman has got knocked on his a**, but he gets back up.

What Thor did, was a sucker hit to me. Nonetheless, it was cool how it sent Superman flying across the city. (Thanks to the magic)

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:36 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

Odin >= King Thor > Pre Crisis Superman

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 05:17 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

King thor will punk superman a$$ all day.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 05:26 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

EDIT:double post

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 4th, 2005 06:09 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by jrodslam
No Thor did NOT knock out Superman with the hammer in JLA/Avengers #1.

Thor threw the hammer at Supes, knocking him back into a building. Superman wasnt knocked out. Knocked down and dazed a bit? Yea. People who have the book will se that on the last page, Superman is on one knee getting back up. Thats how book #1 of JLA/Avengers ended.

like this

Attachment: hammerstrike.jpg
This has been downloaded 53 time(s).

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 4th, 2005 06:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote