KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing vs Astonishing X-Men

Thing vs Astonishing X-Men
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing vs Astonishing X-Men

Really Pissed Off Thing - Remember, in a back issue (it was wither a FF or Avengers) the Thing got so pissed that it took all of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the entire Avengers team and they still couldnt beat him, only restrain him and calm him down.

VS

Astonishing X-Men:
Wolverine
Beast
Cyclops
Colossus
Shadowcat
Emma Frost

Who wins?

I'm going with the Thing cuz Colossus may be the only real problem but when he fought the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Thor was there helping the Avengers and so was Wonderman, who are both stronger than colossus, and they got their ass whupped as well.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:34 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

You're joking right? Emma Frost mindwipes him.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:35 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

by the way does anyone know that exact issue # where the Thing fights the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:35 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

nope, Xavier tried that (he was with the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. at the time) and the Thing was so angry he repelled him.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:36 PM
stormfront13

emma will be protected the whole time also since she can use her mind powers while in diamond form

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:36 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
no, one of the avengers tried that on him and he was so angry that he repelled her.

Which Avenger?

Anyhoo. The Astonishing X-Men take it with ease. Emma makes him blind, Colossus and Wolverine beats him to death and Cyclops keeps blasting him.

Or to make it really easy, Kitty Pryde phases him into the ground.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:38 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

yeah kitty will just phase his body into the ground to the point where just his head is showing. then it'll be harder to attack. if he breaks out then she can just do it again. its not even a fight

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:41 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

wolverine would get his head knocked off in one punch, cykes blasts wont do anything unless he goes all out and takes off his visor, but then he has no control and may hit the other X-men, if he gets phased into the ground he just hits the ground so hard he makes a hole for him to get out of, and colossus is strong, but wouuld get knocked the ****ed out in no more than 2 shots if hes not careful with an Angry Thing.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:41 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

if she phased him so only his head was showing he would break out in about 2 seconds.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:42 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

????

If he gets phased into the ground, he'd die.

If it was just his legs then he would be legless. Phasing objects into objects literally atomically bonds them together.

And Emma Frost can take the Thing alone.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:44 PM
stormfront13

you seriously overrate the thing too much. i don't want to say it but you seem like a thing fanboy

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:45 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No offense, stormfront13 but I wouldn't talk.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:46 PM
manorastroman

don't feel bad stormfront, it was on all our minds.

colossus alone is a match for thing, throw in a lady you can't be harmed by his punches and can mind wipe him, a woman who can become invulnerable to physical damage by phasing, and a man who once blasted sinister so hard he actually disintegrated.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:47 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
Phasing objects into objects literally atomically bonds them together.

And Emma Frost can take the Thing alone.

Phasing objects into other objects doesnt atomically combine them, Kitty phased juggy's legs/waist/abdomen into a wall once and juggy in like two punches broke himself free.

And how the hell can Emma take him alone?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:47 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

and by the way im not a thing fanboy, i just think u guys are seriously underestimating him.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:48 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by armandovalles
Phasing objects into other objects doesnt atomically combine them, Kitty phased juggy's legs/waist/abdomen into a wall once and juggy in like two punches broke himself free.

And how the hell can Emma take him alone?

That's because of Juggy's magic forcefield. He negated the atomic bonding. The Thing doesn't have that luxury

Oh, I don't know mindwiping, telepathic assault, sensory deprivation, making him fall asleep, and her ULTIMATE attack....one hundred orgasms at once!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:49 PM
stormfront13

i know i shouldn't talk but i have gone against storm, i haven't seen him go against the thing

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:52 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee

colossus alone is a match for thing, throw in a lady you can't be harmed by his punches and can mind wipe him, a woman who can become invulnerable to physical damage by phasing, and a man who once blasted sinister so hard he actually disintegrated.

Ditto. Me so tired, I can't debate well today.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:54 PM
phillipan

Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Colossus, Shadowcat, Emma Frost are way too much for thing to handle. Colossus and beast (now 40 ton strength) would brawl with him for a while then wolverine would start slicing through him like him did in a fantastic four issue where they were fighting the temporary f4 (spidey wolvie ghost rider and hulk) if cyclops would go all out he could definatly do alot of damage to the thing, kitty could just phase some objeccts inside him, and emma could assault him telepathically

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:56 PM
phillipan is currently offline Click here to Send phillipan a Private Message Find more posts by phillipan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

alright, maybe. but anyway, does anyone know the issue were the thing fought the avengers?

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:57 PM