KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » current supergirl vs wonderwoman

current supergirl vs wonderwoman
Started by: gautam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gautam

current supergirl vs wonderwoman

discuss...

Old Post May 5th, 2005 02:34 PM
gautam is currently offline Click here to Send gautam a Private Message Find more posts by gautam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

word on the street Current supergirl is stronger and faster than superman.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 02:37 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Possibly. It's inconclusive. However Kara doesn't have anywhere near the experience to take on Diana. Someday but not now. She had trouble with Clayface for goodness's sake.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 07:42 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Yeah. Id like to say kara would win, but WW is far too experienced at the moment

Old Post May 5th, 2005 08:08 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mainstream
word on the street Current supergirl is stronger and faster than superman.

is that based on what Supes said/thought while fighting her on Apokalipse?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:03 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No. Batman specifically said "I have many theories as to why Supergirl's abilities seem to rival or even surpass Superman's..."

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:04 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

Originally posted by Draco69
Possibly. It's inconclusive. However Kara doesn't have anywhere near the experience to take on Diana. Someday but not now. She had trouble with Clayface for goodness's sake.

WW had trouble with clayface too? I seem to remember him stealing part of her power.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:23 PM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by Scoobless
is that based on what Supes said/thought while fighting her on Apokalipse?

Yea Superman thought that to himslef. He thought she may be more powerful than him.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:25 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

That bull**** story. Clayface somehow managed to steal her "magic" clay. Which is bull**** because Diana is completely human. She hasn't been clay since she was on the beaches of Themyscira.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:25 PM
sbo

I'm still inclined to go with Supergirl, if she's strong enough to give superman serious trouble I think she could beat WW. The heat vision would come in real handy in this battle.

I think supergirl would take 6/10 fights.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:40 PM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

No. Batman specifically said "I have many theories as to why Supergirl's abilities seem to rival or even surpass Superman's..."

.....hmmm.... probably because Superman knows how to hold back better than her

Originally posted by jrodslam
Yea Superman thought that to himslef. He thought she may be more powerful than him.

Superman is always underselling himself like that....... i bet he could take out half the guys he claims are threats fairly eaily if he didn't hold back so much

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:41 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by sbo
I'm still inclined to go with Supergirl, if she's strong enough to give superman serious trouble I think she could beat WW. The heat vision would come in real handy in this battle.

I think supergirl would take 6/10 fights.

Please. She'd get her ass kicked. She's nowhere near the skill to take on Wonder Woman. She BARELY knows how to use her powers.

Superman was clearly holding back during the fight. She's the world to him so he didn't want to hurt her.

Heat Vision would be deflected by her bracelets.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:44 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Heat Vision would be deflected by her bracelets.

not if she used a wide beam like Supes did against the DD clone thingies...... but she's probably too inexperienced to know how to do that yet

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:55 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No. Not really. When crossed the bracelets form a forcefield. Which is how Diana has withstood direct nuclear explosions with ease.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:56 PM
The Flash
Faster Than You

Wonder Woman trains with Batman! Supergirl goes down.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:58 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless
.....hmmm.... probably because Superman knows how to hold back better than her

As ever Scoobs you are so right

Superman is always underselling himself like that....... i bet he could take out half the guys he claims are threats fairly eaily if he didn't hold back so much

As ever Scoobs you are so right

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 5th, 2005 09:59 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

No. Not really. When crossed the bracelets form a forcefield. Which is how Diana has withstood direct nuclear explosions with ease.

really?.... ok...... i'm not that up to date with all my DC characters

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 5th, 2005 10:04 PM
derrick24
Restricted

Account Restricted

supergirl didnt have problems with clay face, you all know you can lie. she was knocked out of a building during a fight with batgirl and clay face was standing over her. she picked up the ground beneath him and she flew him in the ocean, it was as simple as that. It did state in that book that she is more powerful than superman. Superman was suprised when they were flying in space, testing there speed and she disappeared, she left him at the moon while she was already back on earth. They also said in that book that she is stronger than him, when she was holding a crashing plane with 1 hand. I think supergirl wins this due to the fact that she is everything wonderwomen is but fighting skills.

Old Post May 23rd, 2005 12:20 PM
derrick24 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick24 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by derrick24
supergirl didnt have problems with clay face, you all know you can lie. she was knocked out of a building during a fight with batgirl and clay face was standing over her. she picked up the ground beneath him and she flew him in the ocean, it was as simple as that. It did state in that book that she is more powerful than superman. Superman was suprised when they were flying in space, testing there speed and she disappeared, she left him at the moon while she was already back on earth. They also said in that book that she is stronger than him, when she was holding a crashing plane with 1 hand. I think supergirl wins this due to the fact that she is everything wonderwomen is but fighting skills.

She had lots of problems. She got hit FIVE times by Clayface. She was on the ground gritting her teeth.

And for a person who has microspopic vision as well as X-Ray vision she wasn't smart enough to use it.

Supergirl may or may not be stronger than Superman. Superman always holds back.

Wonder Woman would kick her ass. Supergirl has nowhere near the experience or fighting skills that Diana has.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 07:43 PM
DrDoom

*nods head in agreement*

Supergirl can match(even surpass) her in raw power, but she lacks experience. Mebbe in like, a decade or so she could give Diana a run for her money but not now.

As for the "Supergirl is stronger than Superman" thing:

It's because Superman was raised by humans, so he sees himself as a human (more or less) ie he has limits. "I can't lift <insert object>" "I can't see that far"and whatnot.
Supergirl was raised as a Kryptonian, and she doesn't see herself as human, so she's not like "I can't fly that fast"--she just does it.

Their strength and flight are due to telekinesis, so I'm guessing if they don't believe they can lift something then they can't, and vice versa. Just look at what happened to him after a pep talk from Mongul...

Old Post May 31st, 2005 10:03 PM
DrDoom is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoom a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote