KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man vs. the Thing

Spider-Man vs. the Thing
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Spider-Man vs. the Thing

This outta be good...

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:58 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

well..................spidey was able to hold off juggernaut so i think he could do it.

Now let be clarify this.I DID NOT say spidey out fought him or was stronger or any of that shit.I said he held him off and was able neutralize the threat.

I belive he could take thing 7 out of 10 times

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:01 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not really, Thing just claps his hands and Spidey goes through a few walls and gets knocked out. Spidey is fast but he cant move at the speed of sound, which is how fast the thunderclap blast moves at.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:02 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

doesn't impress me.
Thing nowere has spideys agility.Plus spidey has super strength.
Plus his spider sense.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:03 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Actually, it's how fast his hands move. And I doubt Spidey would get knocked out with just one thunderclap..

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:04 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

sometime Spidey is written where he can move the Thing...other times he cant...Didnt Spidey throw Thing off a building a few months back in one of the Spiderman comics?

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:05 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It was a Venom comic. And Sue had to catch him.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:06 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

it doesnt matter how much faster or more agile spidey is, he's not strong enough to hurt the thing so how the hell is he gonna beat him.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:06 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I asked the same thing during the She-Hulk vs. Spider-Man thread...and it reached 200 posts.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:07 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

bump

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:14 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

In Thing #5 puppet master uses Wonderman who gets KO'd to fight the Thing...then She Hulk to, but Thing takes her out...and then he uses spiderman on an extremely exhausted Thing and spiderman is able to knock the Thing over, although it explicitely says he wouldnt have moved the Thing if he hadnt just gotten done fighting WM and SH...but there r other times, like the Venom comic, where Thing is just a one-dimensional tough guy, where Spiderman takes him down...it is all relative, but if Thing is written at his best and Spidey is written at his best it would be an entertaining fight with spidey just avoiding the Thing the whole time. the problem is spidey wouldnt stay conscious if Thing flicked him with his finger.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:48 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

if spiderman can take a punch from the hulk and keep fighting,
then he can surely take one from benjy as well.
spidey can hurt ben if he hits him enough times and swing-kicks him.
the problem is thing is a great hand-to-hand fighter.
he'll have a better chance of hitting spidey than most of the
other powerhouses would.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:54 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

spidey never took a punch fomr savage hulk, only gray hulk, who is only like 1/3 of ben's strength.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:56 PM
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
spidey never took a punch fomr savage hulk, only gray hulk, who is only like 1/3 of ben's strength.

One third ? Let's make it at least two thirds, shall we ?

SM doesn't have the raw power you need to knock down Grimm, Thing isn't exactly a pushover.

But he can annoy Thing much more than vice versa. He CAN throw Thing away - he has done it in the past (even with Hulk), so he can do it again. But I think in this fight he better use his webs.

SM 6/10.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 10:31 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Spidey

theres a story that was only printed in the uk where The thing absorb spider powers

Old Post May 7th, 2005 01:49 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Logan

Thing wins

Thing wouldn´t feel Spider man punches.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:14 PM
X-Logan is currently offline Click here to Send X-Logan a Private Message Find more posts by X-Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

When Professor Hulk was possessed from a living gamma virus, he goes mad, and K.O.ed Doc Samson, then he proceed into killing Spider-Man, he punched the ground with so much physical force, it exploded like a bomb was dropped on it, and the shockwave leaved Spidey like he was nearly comatose, he then talked to Prof. Hulk and reached his real ebsence into his mind, then Hulk pulled out the virus.
The low rank Class 100 Thing can certainly do something similar, that would mean Spidey's end.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:31 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

professor hulk is approximately twice as strong as even current thing.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:36 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I don't think you can compare the "shockwave" of a berserker Hulk with that of Thing.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 04:36 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Spider-Man smashing Thing into the ground repeatedly if he gets a hold of him with his webs will eventually take a toll on Thing. I've heard of Hulk's thunderclap, but never Thing's...I'm sure he can do it, but it wouldn't take SM out.

Otherwise Thing would never touch SM...SM is too fast, and has dodged stronger and faster opponents for a long time, including Juggernaut and Hulk. If he slips up and Thing gets a punch or two in then SM might be toast, but more often than not that won't happen. After a long-ass fight, Spider-Man wins this. SM 7/10.

-DM

Old Post May 7th, 2005 05:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote