KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Foxhound vs. X-men

Foxhound vs. X-men
Started by: Avalonofthewind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Foxhound vs. X-men

Ocelot
Sniper Wolf
Psycho Mantis
Vulcan Raven
Liquid Snake
*Cyborg Ninja

***We never saw what Decoy octopus was capable of, so I replaced him with the Ninja.***

Vs.

Cyclops
Jean Grey *Not Phoenix*
Beast
Wolverine
Angel
Storm

Same story as my other thread, the government decides the X-men are too dangerous and sends Foxhound Including the Ninja after the xmen

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 02:43 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Any info on Foxhund?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:25 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

I'm sure you could Google some Metal Gear Solid sites.
This is one of those things where playing the game and witnessing it's storyline in person would give you a deep understanding of the characters.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:28 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I'm sure you could Google some Metal Gear Solid sites.
This is one of those things where playing the game and witnessing it's storyline in person would give you a deep understanding of the characters.

Then I can't comment.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:34 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

The Xmen win this. With Jean there Psycho Mantis is redundant. The rest of the opposition arent nothing Storm and the rest cant handle

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:36 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Psycho couldn't shake my busted ass controller, Jean Grey is going to pound his ass into nothing. Storm will fry most of them in a few seconds, and none of them could completely put down Logan. With Angel in there, the X-men have a healer, and Cyclops could knock any of them around.

Grey Fox is the only one I really think would be difficult, if his suit protects him from JG, then he could do some damage, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna get his ass kicked too.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:46 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

If jean tries to enter ninja's mind she is in for a world of hurt.....his mind is so ****ed up it's unbelivable

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:21 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by grey fox
If jean tries to enter ninja's mind she is in for a world of hurt.....his mind is so ****ed up it's unbelivable

Telekinesis. Even before the PF, Jeannie was Omega level.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:26 AM
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

intricacies of the Phoenix aside, Jean is an omega level telekinetic/telepath and more than capable of taking on anyone on that team....

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:55 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Psycho does have that mask that is similar in function to mags helmet. Keeps others thoughts out, but lets him do his dirty work. His powers are similar to Jeans with the addition of mind control (he is an expert at it)

Raven also has that weird shaman magic thing going also where those mystical ravens touch you and paralyze you.

Cyborg ninja has stealth, invisibility, and what appears to be class 100 strength, and above human speed.

Ocelot has perfect aim, even being able to hit targets perfect from wall ricochets.

Sniper wolf... not too much special about her that would help against the x men.

Liquid, seems to be batman + geese howard combined. He should have all of Snakes abilities.

Not a bad ensemble for a bunch of non mutants.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:12 AM
Cosmic Cube

Jean is powerful enough to resist any form of mind control. Telekinesis doesn't affect the mind.

Cyclops aim and trigonomiic senses are nigh infallable.

Wolverine fights class 100 occasionally without taking to much damage.

Storm will fry most of them at the beginning of the fight.

Can't say much for the rest.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:23 AM
mr.smiley

I love Metal Gear!
Most people know this though,just look at my wolverine vs solid snake thread!
However,Foxhound will go down fairly fast against this roster of xmen.
Fox hound goes down in about 5 minutes max.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:28 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Jean is powerful enough to resist any form of mind control. Telekinesis doesn't affect the mind.

Not to mention the fact that she has gotten through Mags helmet before.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:31 AM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

I doubt Mantis would try to go for Jean... as a military man, he would probably go for cyclops and wolverine and turn them against their own team mates. He would know they are linked and she cares for them and use that to his advantage.

Going for Jean directly for would be suicide for FH.

Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time.

There are a lot of possibilities here due to the amount of characters, but its a decent battle.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:31 AM
leonheartmm

ok ok, ill put in some real info on foxhound, but i must tell u that AGAIN, the only reason xmen win is because of jean grey,
ill start with the weak,
ocelot has perfect aim and a very good manipulative battle sense, among pretty good hand to hand combat{nothin cyclpos or wolvernie couldnt handle} he goes down easy
sniper wolf is a human who has perfect aim and patience, along with a modified PSG1 sniper rifle, depending on the scenario she could do damage to cycops, angel storm and beast, she might even kill cycops, and storm{if she catches her offguard but i doubt thas happpening}, and could kill angel definately with a head shot{his healing factor doesnt realy rival wolvied so he cant just repair his brain}, but soon wolverine will find her and slice her in half.
now vulcan raven is a bad son of a *****, wolverine cant really get to him with the wrath of that thirty caliber machine gun, and cycops or angel dont stand a chance, remember also that he can paralyze his victims with mystic force , so wolverine, angel and beast are gone just like that, {he might hae a little problem with beast, but that gun, his strength and his supernatural powers are too much for beast to take}, beast will duke it out with storm for a while , either one can kill each other but physically storm is only human and cant really stop thirty caliber bullets, and doesnt have protection against mystical forces
PSYCHO MANTIC, on the other hand is on a whole different level, a lot of people dont know this but he was the one who was telepathically controlling the minds of all the genome soldiers on shadowmosses, he has illusion castind, astral projecting capabilities too, and in his history, we find out that when his dormant psionic power surface as a child, he accidently destroyed his entire city, he alone could take care of anyone other than jean, he might even prove to be a worthy opponent to jean grey if he loses control{when jean isnt the phwonix}
the cyborg ninga again is on a completely different level, he has class 100 strength{much more actually} about the same durabilty as colossus, more agility than even venom or carnage or sidey, and is only a step below snake in hand to hand combat, can see in the dark due to thermal vision, and is the greatesr soldier{even in his human form} to have lived after snake and liquid, add his ultra strong sword and stealth camouflage to the mix and u got sum1 that can kill every1 other than jean,
LIQUID SNAKE! now this guy is just about the same as solid snake, has an iq of 180{the human max} and is the perfect soldiergenetically and physically, along with psychologically, hes about the same league in martial arts and battle tactics as snake, and is so used to hot or cold temperatures that he goes without even a shirt for hours in temperatures below minus fifty, hes not superhuman but can more than easily handle, wolverine, archangel, cycops and even beast, its his perfection that stands out, remember what a superhuman like volgin said to snake ashe died "i am going back to mother earth, but u and the boss{referring to liquid}, ur from another world, a world that i do not wish to know}, raven was actually afraid of them, and liquid's gentic destiny and heritage doesnt let him die easily,{hel his gentic code is so strong and dominating that it created HIM out of ocelot, just by his arm}

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 11:22 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

no mantis would go for jean, hes not really a military manl, he only lives to kill as many people as he could, out of hate, he cant even see or hear ashis eyes were taken out n his eyelis sewn shut and his ears destroyed too by the government to that he could CONCENTRATE more on his psychic powers, he sees the world around himself only through his powers, and his mask keeps his mind shut from other's thoughts.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 11:25 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"His powers are similar to Jeans with the addition of mind control (he is an expert at it)"

Going by in game feats Psycho mantis' psionic powers are no comparison to jeans whatsoever. An expert at mind control in comparison to jean? I love metal gear as well but thats ridiculous. She is an omega level telepath whose ultimate psychic potential is to tap into the primal force of creation. Psycho mantis has never displayed anything to show him to be nothing more than a low level telepath. His powers would be very effective against humans, the untrained and those who have less powerful psychic powers but jean would laugh at him.

"Cyborg ninja has stealth, invisibility, and what appears to be class 100 strength, and above human speed."

Nah he doesnt have class 100 strength. None of his feats from within game suggest he's any stronger than current beast. He may have invisibility but storm sees the world around her as energy patterns he would still be detectable. His machinerys operations could be taken out via an EMP wave. Also Wolverine or Beast could smell/hear him and jean would know exactly where he is. The xmen are trained to resist telelpaths and mind control. That is why they are only ever taken out by powerful telepaths. Psycho Mantis is far from that category. Jean would deal with him and protect the xmen from his manipulations, although if they could probably resist them without too much trouble themselves. Dont attack me for saying that metal gear fans if you actually read xmen comics regularly you'll know that to be the case.

"Ocelot has perfect aim, even being able to hit targets perfect from wall ricochets."

TK shields will render that ability redundant. The others would be protected by jean. Bullets wont do squat to wolverine also. This team dont have adamantium i their world and even if they did wolverine has on a number of occassions taken a barrage of adamantium bullets and still kept going.

"Sniper wolf... not too much special about her that would help against the x men."

additional cannon fodder in other words

"Liquid, seems to be batman + geese howard combined. He should have all of Snakes abilities."

Street level class character. Nothing any of the Xmen couldnt handle. Except maybe Warren but who cares about him.

"Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time."

Thats a common misconception with Storm. It doesnt take a long time for her to use her weather powers. This is what i mean. You cant be Xmen readers if you think this, because you would know that is not and never has been the case. I think the misconception arose from the cartoons inaccurate portrayal of Storm. She generates lightning herself virtually instantaneously, in battle she regularly generates hurricane winds just like that. Even in an enclosed space she has generated a massive flash flood in seconds. That argument doesnt work here im afraid. Its far from the truth. Storm would fry Raven in seconds.

"PSYCHO MANTIC, on the other hand is on a whole different level, a lot of people dont know this but he was the one who was telepathically controlling the minds of all the genome soldiers on shadowmosses, he has illusion castind, astral projecting capabilities too, and in his history, we find out that when his dormant psionic power surface as a child, he accidently destroyed his entire city, he alone could take care of anyone other than jean, he might even prove to be a worthy opponent to jean grey if he loses control{when jean isnt the phwonix}
the cyborg ninga again is on a completely different level, he has class 100 strength{much more actually} about the same durabilty as colossus, more agility than even venom or carnage or sidey, and is only a step below snake in hand to hand combat, can see in the dark due to thermal vision, and is the greatesr soldier{even in his human form} to have lived after snake and liquid, add his ultra strong sword and stealth camouflage to the mix and u got sum1 that can kill every1 other than jean,"

P Mantis is not class 100. Are you hoping that none of us have actually played the games? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jean Grey is an omega level telepath/telekinetic. PM isnt beating Jean. He isnt on her power level and he hasnt fought another decent psychic before. Hes always got his own way because in the Metal Gear world psychics are a rarity and far from being as abundant as they are in Marvel. In Marvel there are many, many telepaths yet Jean is the second most powerful one on the planet (pre-phoenix). That is impressive. Controlling a bunch of untrained (psychically) defencless soldiers is nothing to any half decent telepath who could also kill a city if their powers lashed out of control. PM psychically isnt impressive in Marvel terms. Im sorry but thats the truth. Jean would beat him in a telepathic battle with no trouble. Or she could just snap his neck like with a thought. GAME OVER.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:36 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

"LIQUID SNAKE! now this guy is just about the same as solid snake, has an iq of 180{the human max} and is the perfect soldiergenetically and physically, along with psychologically, hes about the same league in martial arts and battle tactics as snake, and is so used to hot or cold temperatures that he goes without even a shirt for hours in temperatures below minus fifty, hes not superhuman but can more than easily handle, wolverine, archangel, cycops and even beast, its his perfection that stands out, remember what a superhuman like volgin said to snake ashe died "i am going back to mother earth, but u and the boss{referring to liquid}, ur from another world, a world that i do not wish to know}, raven was actually afraid of them, and liquid's gentic destiny and heritage doesnt let him die easily,{hel his gentic code is so strong and dominating that it created HIM out of ocelot, just by his arm}"

Liquid has the potential to be something greater i mean look at what some of the other clones could do. However liquid in current state was nothing more than a Captain America. He would get taken down by the Xmen.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 01:39 PM
mr.smiley

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
"His powers are similar to Jeans with the addition of mind control (he is an expert at it)"

Going by in feats Psycho mantis' psionic powers are no comparison to jeans whatsoever. An expert at mind control in comparison to jean? I love metal gear as well but thats ridiculous. She is an omega level telepath whose ultimate psychic potential is to tap into the primal force of creation. Psycho mantis has never displayed anything to show him to be nothing more than a low level telepath. His powers would be very effective against humans, the untrained and those who have less powerful psychic powers but jean would laugh at him.

"Cyborg ninja has stealth, invisibility, and what appears to be class 100 strength, and above human speed."

Nah he doesnt have class 100 strength. None of his feats from within uggest he's any stronger than current beast. He may have invisibility but storm sees the world around her as energy patterns he would still be detectable. His machinerys operations could be taken out via an EMP wave. Also Wolverine or Beast could smell/hear him and jean would know exactly where he is. The xmen are trained to resist telelpaths and mind control. That is why they are only ever taken out by powerful telepaths. Psycho Mantis is far from that category. Jean would deal with him and protect the xmen from his manipulations, although if they could probably resist them without too much trouble themselves. Dont attack me for saying that metal gear fans if you actually read xmen comics regularly you'll know that to be the case.

"Ocelot has perfect aim, even being able to hit targets perfect from wall ricochets."

TK shields will render that ability redundant. The others would be protected by jean. Bullets wont do squat to wolverine also. This team dont have adamantium i their world and even if they did wolverine has on a number of occassions taken a barrage of adamantium bullets and still kept going.

"Sniper wolf... not too much special about her that would help against the x men."

additional cannon fodder in other words

"Liquid, seems to be batman + geese howard combined. He should have all of Snakes abilities."

Street level class character. Nothing any of the Xmen couldnt handle. Except maybe Warren but who cares about him.

"Storm vs Raven could go either way. She cant avoid his wraith ravens forever. Once she is caught, it would be over. Storm is powerful, but it usually takes her time."

Thats a common misconception with Storm. It doesnt take a long time for her to use her weather powers. This is what i mean. You cant be Xmen readers if you think this, because you would know that is not and never has been the case. I think the misconception arose from the cartoons inaccurate portrayal of Storm. She generates lightning herself virtually instantaneously, in battle she regularly generates hurricane winds just like that. Even in an enclosed space she has generated a massive flash flood in seconds. That argument doesnt work here im afraid. Its far from the truth. Storm would fry Raven in seconds.

"PSYCHO MANTIC, on the other hand is on a whole different level, a lot of people dont know this but he was the one who was telepathically controlling the minds of all the genome soldiers on shadowmosses, he has illusion castind, astral projecting capabilities too, and in his history, we find out that when his dormant psionic power surface as a child, he accidently destroyed his entire city, he alone could take care of anyone other than jean, he might even prove to be a worthy opponent to jean grey if he loses control{when jean isnt the phwonix}
the cyborg ninga again is on a completely different level, he has class 100 strength{much more actually} about the same durabilty as colossus, more agility than even venom or carnage or sidey, and is only a step below snake in hand to hand combat, can see in the dark due to thermal vision, and is the greatesr soldier{even in his human form} to have lived after snake and liquid, add his ultra strong sword and stealth camouflage to the mix and u got sum1 that can kill every1 other than jean,"

P Mantis is not class 100. Are you hoping that none of us have actually played the ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jean Grey is an omega level telepath/telekinetic. PM isnt beating Jean. He isnt on her power level and he hasnt fought another decent psychic before. Hes always got his own way because in the Metal Gear world psychics are a rarity and far from being as abundant as they are in Marvel. In Marvel there are many, many telepaths yet Jean is the second most powerful one on the planet (pre-phoenix). That is impressive. Controlling a bunch of untrained (psychically) defencless soldiers is nothing to any half decent telepath who could also kill a city if their powers lashed out of control. PM psychically isnt impressive in Marvel terms. Im sorry but thats the truth. Jean would beat him in a telepathic battle with no trouble. Or she could just snap his neck like with a thought. OVER.

So true

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:05 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hoshi

i think in a direct fight fox hound would lose , but if they can catch the x-men of guard they sure will win

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 03:06 PM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote