KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman & Cap. America vs. X-team

Spiderman & Cap. America vs. X-team
Started by: FieryBalrog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Spiderman & Cap. America vs. X-team

Spiderman and the X-men dont clash often in the comics, but Spideys messed with them a coupla times and theyve roughed him up a few times too. Captain America usually teams up with Logan on missions, but theyve crossed paths quite a few times too...

Who punks who?

Spiderman
Captain America

vs.

Havok
Shadowcat
Husk
Wolverine
Angel

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Last edited by FieryBalrog on Jun 10th, 2005 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:53 PM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Those odds on the x side seem a little overwhelming, but spidey is all about overwhelming,and Cap is about strategy, peter rests in problem solving.

Regardless, will not rest my point until I get more data.

Have you seen where Cap and Spidey team up against the insect woman and spidey becomes a host for her, the woman used to know captain america pretty well and was experimented upon in the war, making her want vengeance,blah,blah,blah.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:00 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

actually I purposefully chose a team of rather low-key X-men... cmon, Angel is on the team! big grin

nah, I havent read that story about Cap. America and Spiderman and Insect woman.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:03 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Wow. . . this is a tough call. . .For some reason I only see it coming down to Cap, Wolvie, and spidey at a standstill draw, maybe husk is in there depending largly if she has a jagged adamantium configuration.

Spiderman can take out havok(webbing in the eyes keeps him from being able to safely fight with his power), and angel.
Cap's sheild presents a problem for Kitty.

If Husk has an jagged adamantium configuration she would be able to keep from being taken out but she couldn't do much to Spiderman and Cap'n America. If not, she goes down too.

Then it leaves Spiderman and cap'n against wolverine, with them not being able to do anything to each other . . .

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:14 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Hmmm mostly melee fighters,

I need to know how you think spidey stands against guys like wolverine, daredevil, and cap before I go further.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:15 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Hmmm mostly melee fighters,

I need to know how you think spidey stands against guys like wolverine, daredevil, and cap before I go further.
One on one Spidey can beat DD and Cap'n it won't be easy to do but he could do it.

And you know that I think that the only thing wolverine could do to spidey is those claws. and there isn't anything that spidey can do to wolvie anymore. . .

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:18 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Husk- unless she's changed- has steel as her strongest metamorphosis. This was back in Dominant Species though, I think shes been in limbo for a while...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:19 AM
Creshosk

Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Husk- unless she's changed- has steel as her strongest metamorphosis. This was back in Dominant Species though, I think shes been in limbo for a while...
Just steel wouldn't do. lol

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:20 AM
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by Creshosk
Just steel wouldn't do. lol

Well, she would be a factor...

I love how Angel's been ignored completely...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:23 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Creshosk
And you know that I think that the only thing wolverine could do to spidey is those claws. and there isn't anything that spidey can do to wolvie anymore. . .

what do you mean "anymore"?

i can think of a couple of ways spidey could dissable/kill Wolverine

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:30 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Couldn't Kitty just phase her teammates while Havok unleashes a devastating omni-directional plasma attack. Cap might survive. But Spidey certainly won't.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:36 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Draco69
Couldn't Kitty just phase her teammates while Havok unleashes a devastating omni-directional plasma attack. Cap might survive. But Spidey certainly won't.

if he's phased with them then his plasma may affect the people in the same phased state as himself and not anything in regular ......... phasage ........ confused

plus Spidey could find cover or hide behind Cap

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:46 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

More than too many ways too render wolvie ineffective,

Wolverine has to get spidey on his terms and where i come from that is a disadvantage.

Lets put it this way. From an enemie's perspective.

If i go in the air, who is the greatest threat.

If i am hit which one does greater damage.

If I through a projectile who will dodge it easier, and possibly send it back.

Who is the hardest to hit.

Who is the most resourseful.

Who is harder to avoid, etc.

All points and more said, spidey would be the greater threat to the villan.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:49 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Scoobless
what do you mean "anymore"?

i can think of a couple of ways spidey could dissable/kill Wolverine

Come on the spidey vs. wolverine thread and see what he means.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:50 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Havok isn't affected by his own power. So there's no reason to phase him. Kitty would phase all of her teammates except Havok

The plasma wave is still gonna hurt. It's not concussive. It's heat. It can be as hot as the sun. It's similar to Torch's supernova.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:51 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phillipan

Originally posted by Scoobless
if he's phased with them then his plasma may affect the people in the same phased state as himself and not anything in regular ......... phasage ........ confused

plus Spidey could find cover or hide behind Cap

If havok hits them with an omni directional blast then hiding behind that shield wont help its only like 3 feet wide, the shield would be fine but theyll get fried. Also i dotn think adamantium hurts kitty in her phased state just disorients her a litlle.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 12:58 AM
phillipan is currently offline Click here to Send phillipan a Private Message Find more posts by phillipan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by life is cruell
If havok hits them with an omni directional blast then hiding behind that shield wont help its only like 3 feet wide, the shield would be fine but theyll get fried. Also i dotn think adamantium hurts kitty in her phased state just disorients her a litlle.

its more than just disorienting. She feels sick and the more the adamantium, the worse it is. Caps shield would likely cause her some considerable pain, IF he managed to connect, considering she can just phase underground and hide.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:08 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

and pull Cap down into the ground and suffocate him.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:16 AM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Draco69
Havok isn't affected by his own power. So there's no reason to phase him. Kitty would phase all of her teammates except Havok

The plasma wave is still gonna hurt. It's not concussive. It's heat. It can be as hot as the sun. It's similar to Torch's supernova.

It's amazing that no one else thought of this. Havok could melt Cap and Spidey.

Cap throwing his shield is the stupidest thing he could do.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:24 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I agree Havoks has a huge advantage with his energy projection skills. I dont see Cap and Spidey dodging too many blasts.

Although it is possible.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:44 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote