KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Thing vs Sabretooth

The Thing vs Sabretooth
Started by: Zod4Life

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Thing vs Sabretooth

I think that the Thing will win this fight because he's strong enough to break Sabretooth's bones so that he won't be able to heal.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:48 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

dont insult thing.....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:52 AM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Without adamantium (which I believe is his current state), Creed doesn't have the tools to penetrate Ben's hide.

Maybe, if he snuck up on Thing (which is plausible--Sabretooth has Black Ops training, and Ben Grimm isn't noted for his keen senses), he could push him over a cliff or hit him with a laser gun or something....

Thing 9/10

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:06 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zod4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that the Thing would wrap Sabretooth's tongue around his whole body.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 03:48 AM
Zod4Life is currently offline Click here to Send Zod4Life a Private Message Find more posts by Zod4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

The THING would have no problem with sabreT. Ben's too big, strong, and too good of a fighter, along with his crazy durability.

There really isn't much that ST could due to harm Ben seriously enough to ever worry. cool

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 04:46 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

ummmmmmmmmm okay fisrt off...sabretooth does have adamantium currently.....that said...his healing factor is faster acting than logans....he's faster than ben....he's a better fighter....and he has superhuman strength...if wolverine can casually open up thing with his claws on a couple occasions, imagine what a bigger meaner version would do who's boasting around in the 10 to 15 ton range.....he would make mince meat out of thing...I mean common! sabretooth was a guy who took on mrs marvel (class 50) in a slug fest and was winning, he fought killpower (class 100) and almost ripped his head off, he KOed rogue in 3 hits...AND THAT WAS BEFORE HIS UPGRADES....with em...he has more than his fair shot at dicing thing to bits...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:24 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

With Adamantium, this is a very different fight. Thing still outclasses Sabretooth in strength (a lot), but now Sabretooth can cut him.

If Sabretooth could, say, get in a solid rake across Ben's face, he could very well blind him. Or he could take out his legs, stab him, any number of things.

Nevertheless, Ben has reach, could smash the ground under Sabretooth's feet, or hurl cars/girders/whatever's handy at him. This would actually be a very good fight, and I'll say it's pretty much up in the air: 5/5.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:21 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

he could do that...but once again....sabetooth ripped out a steel girder and tried to whomp mrs. marvel with it..swinging it around with just one hand...when she got it away from him and smacked him with it....he just got back up like nothin happened....he can take much more punishment than wolverine...wolverine's taken some of the hulk angriest shots and just kept coming...thing's not hulk...no even close....if he drops a building on creed or something sure he could secure some sort of cheap victory...I'm betting sabretooth closes ground before that happens though....in any event...these two get dropped into the middle of pohdunk nebraska....level terrain..... and sabretooth has his way with the rock man....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:25 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Or Thing stomps hard, cracks up the ground under him, and takes advantage with a good right hook when Creed loses his footing.

I still say it's 5/5, even if you take away things for Ben to throw.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:31 AM
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Piedmon
Or Thing stomps hard, cracks up the ground under him, and takes advantage with a good right hook when Creed loses his footing.

I still say it's 5/5, even if you take away things for Ben to throw.
Is this fight like a souped up "Wolverine Vs Spiderman"? evil face

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:42 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

a good right hook isn't going to make creed do anything but smile...isn't thing less powerful than class 100? that said creed nearly ripped off a guys head who was class 100 and on top of that, took his hits like nothing....only getting madder at each one....multiple hits from sasquatch just made him laugh and talk smack...but one hit from thing is going to do it?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:44 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Nope. Thing is slightly above Class 100.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:47 AM
jinzin

when did that happen? and you can't be above class 100....he maybe able to lift more than 100 tons but that's still a class 100 feat...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:56 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

That's a strange definition of class 100.

Thing's strength has slowly been growing over time. When he first appeared in the 60s, his max lift was 4-6 tons. Obviously, it's grown exponentially since then.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:58 AM
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Piedmon
That's a strange definition of class 100.

Thing's strength has slowly been growing over time. When he first appeared in the 60s, his max lift was 4-6 tons. Obviously, it's grown exponentially since then.
That's the way Marvel has it.

Class 100 is 100+ tons lifted, 300 tons? That's still a class 100.

Kinda wierd. But that's the way they have it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:00 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

okay that's fine but when was he documented as being able to gorilla press over 100 tons?

I know the definition's confusing...it confused me too.....but class 100 refers to anyone capible of lifting 100 tons and up (doesn't matter how high up).... like hulk...can obviously lift more than 100 tons...but he's still classified as class 100.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:01 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Well, Thing is a Class 100 on the low end of the spectrum.

He'd still send Sabretooth sailing with a punch to the jaw, though.

Not that Creed wouldn't just get back up, but yeah. This is a really good fight, the more I think about it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:01 AM
jinzin

yeah i was gonna say....creed may fly but...he'd probably get a kick out of it..

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:02 AM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

This is why this board needs a spar forum, srsly.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:04 AM
jinzin

spar forrum?

again...when was thing documented to gorrila press over 100 tons?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:05 AM