KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » thor vs. namor

thor vs. namor
Started by: jacobo0o

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jacobo0o

thor vs. namor

thor with no mjournir vs. namor

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 09:43 AM
jacobo0o is currently offline Click here to Send jacobo0o a Private Message Find more posts by jacobo0o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

The most underrated character in marvel takes this , he'd grab Thor throw him in the water then kick his ass all over the reef before finally knocking him out with a punch to the jaw .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:23 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Without Mjolnir Thor despite what many people believe still posesses control over the power of the storm. That coupled with his superior strength will ensure he wins against Namor.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:46 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

mabye galctic , but come on if namor gets him in the water it's all over for thor .

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:55 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
mabye galctic , but come on if namor gets him in the water it's all over for thor .

You're just making an assumption on the battlefield there. Who is to say its going to take place in or anywhere a big area of water. Either way Thor definitely wins outside of water and if immersed in water Namors more likely to win at first glance however with the power to command mystical storms i dont believe the battle underwater would be as straight forward as you appear to believe.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 11:00 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Ok so i made a misconception but i think namor does have a large chance if underwater , on land though ........

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 11:13 AM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Thor can simply do this, and bye bye Namor.
And in a hth fight, Thor without Mjolnir is still one of the top fighters in Marvel, he's older than Namor, and has more fighting experience than him.

Attachment: thor godforce.jpg
This has been downloaded 170 time(s).

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 12:04 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Thor would win.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 12:16 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

I do believe they fought before to a stalemate. At least thats what i heard.

As a huge Namor fan, it hurts me to say that Thor would probably win. Although, in most Namor fights, he usually finds a way to get wet. But like was stated before, IF the fight somehow got underwater, i believe Namor would pull off the victory.

Question, what is the blast in the pic K3VIL?

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 12:35 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by jrodslam
I do believe they fought before to a stalemate. At least thats what i heard.

As a huge Namor fan, it hurts me to say that Thor would probably win. Although, in most Namor fights, he usually finds a way to get wet. But like was stated before, IF the fight somehow got underwater, i believe Namor would pull off the victory.

Question, what is the blast in the pic K3VIL?

You're probably making it out as lightning and are then going to come back and talk of Namors ability to absorb or discharge such energies. Well all os Thors storm abilities are mystical in nature so its not certain that Namor could do that and plus theres always the possibility that he could be overloaded.

Also what about hurricanes?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:06 PM
jrodslam

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
You're probably making it out as lightning and are then going to come back and talk of Namors ability to absorb or discharge such energies. Well all os Thors storm abilities are mystical in nature so its not certain that Namor could do that and plus theres always the possibility that he could be overloaded.

Also what about hurricanes?

No not at all. I just wanted to know what the blast was. It didnt show the opponent get ko'd or anything. True there is a possibility that Namor could be overloaded, but ive never seen it done. He did absorb a blast from the presence.

What about hurricanes?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:22 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

No not at all. I just wanted to know what the blast was. It didnt show the opponent get ko'd or anything. True there is a possibility that Namor could be overloaded, but ive never seen it done. He did absorb a blast from the presence.

What about hurricanes?

Theyre also within thors capabilities thats what i meant.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:23 PM
jrodslam

Theyre also within thors capabilities thats what i meant.

Of course. I knew that. big grin

To be honest, i doubt a hurricane would have any affect against him. To mobile, to strong. Has Thor ever engulfed anyone in it? Just asking.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:26 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Of course. I knew that. big grin

To be honest, i doubt a hurricane would have any affect against him. To mobile, to strong. Has Thor ever engulfed anyone in it? Just asking.

I dunno i just know he can make one lol

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:27 PM
jrodslam

I dunno i just know he can make one lol

Lol.

Can he control all things weather related? Rain, hail, Snow etc? I wonder how extensive are his weather powers?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:29 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Lol.

Can he control all things weather related? Rain, hail, Snow etc? I wonder how extensive are his weather powers?

I think he mystically controls all aspects of the storm but while he can overide nature and create storms out of nothing he isnt as connected with the weather as storm herself. I mean she psionically manipulates the ambient energy patterns down to the electrons she uses to create lightning, whereas Thor just thinks about what he wants and his mystical powers just kick in. So the answers yes he can create all aspects of the storm however he isnt as in synch with it as storm is.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 01:35 PM
Namor
The Avenging Son

thor, no contest. and for the record -- this is a pretty pointless match up. were you out to just get frivolous accolades for the odinson?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 03:39 PM
Namor is currently offline Click here to Send Namor a Private Message Find more posts by Namor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

For me,namor wins. I wasnt never impressed by thor without his hammer. He suffered too much against people like the hulk, juggernaut, the thing, wonder man or hercules. A very enraged namor fresh out of water could kick thor ass.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 07:46 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

They fought back in the 40s and Namor got owned. Even without Mjolnir, and a current day and stronger Namor, Thor would win. He's just a step ahead. Thor wouldn't even need to use storm powers.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 08:16 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Back in the 40's? Thor wasnt even created in the 40's. He didnt come till the 60's.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 08:17 PM