KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Olden Day Cable VS Spiderman

Olden Day Cable VS Spiderman
Started by: SeerQris

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Olden Day Cable VS Spiderman

Cable from the more older comics(NOT The raw cable from Cable and Deadpool) VS Spiderman.

THoughts?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 05:09 PM
SeerQris is currently offline Click here to Send SeerQris a Private Message Find more posts by SeerQris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

For anyone not know ing what I meant by olden day Cable, I am talking about the Cable that has not at all mastered his telekenetic abilities.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 05:22 PM
SeerQris is currently offline Click here to Send SeerQris a Private Message Find more posts by SeerQris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nathan summers
the man called cable

Even without his massive telepathic and telekinetic powers, in my opinion, Cable would hand it to Spider-Man. Firstly, he's a cyborg built with advanced technologies some 3,000 years in the future. He's been in battle since childhood and has immeasurable experience when it comes to guerrilla tactics and urban warfare. In a past issue of Cable's series he was stated to be the PERSONIFICATION of War itself. I'm not saying that Spider-Man doesn't have his share of experience and skill but in comparison to Cable's? It's very small. Spider-Man has a chance to beat Cable, he's resourceful but I give this to Cable.

Note; Before he even displayed his advanced telepathic and telekinetic powers, Nathan defeated Stryfe, who had great psionic powers that could be considered a match for Charles Xavier.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 05:33 PM
nathan summers is currently offline Click here to Send nathan summers a Private Message Find more posts by nathan summers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

When it comes down to strength Cable has about the same ammount as Spider-Man's. What type of tactics do you think Cable would be using against him? Spiderman Surely dodges all sorts of bullets and in hand to hand combat owns Cable in all sorts of ways. So my question to you is by what means is Cable going to do in Spidy.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 06:08 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Note: Cable is definately not on par with Spidy's dodge abilities or agility for that manner.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 06:09 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

So all I can see that Cable has is a cyborg body(which is not a threat to Spidy, cyborg body= no big deal). I would say Cable would have to rely on weaponary.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 06:11 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Cable may be the personification of War howeve, this is a one on one battle. Not a strategic action of being within an army with others.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 06:12 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

I am also not stating that Cable cant defeat spidy however, but what I am saying is that they are at worst an even match. Cable has advanced weapons in such but as far as Cables raw fighting ability I do not at all think that it towers of Spierman's who's reflexes speed strength and agility are well over Cables(except for strength).

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 06:16 PM
RyBonix

cable

I still think Cable could take him, IMO.

He was only gun toting because he didn't have to use his powers daily until not too long ago. When it was his only option, he would use his mental powers in order to pwn people. So if it came down to it, even if it meant endangering his health/life because of the T-O virus, he could easily take down Spider-Man.

Yes Spider-Man is super fast and agile etc etc. But how can you dodge PURE THOUGHT?! Spider-Man has somewhat precog skillzorz with his spidey senses. But there were numerous occasions that even with his spider senses, he would get hit either because he was 1. Thinking about something else, or 2. His body was too exhausted to react.

So let's put away the whole Mental powers with Cable. This DOES give Spider-Man the advantage. I will not ignore that Spider-Man can easily dodge bullets with his spider-senses. But Cable isn't just some guy that is on the streets, shooting people up. He's been at war ever since he was a child. He could his sassy guerilla warfare with bombs, mines, etc. Although spidey would be able to dodge them, it would wear him out. That's when Cable would be able to show himself and start shooting him up. These aren't regular guns we're talking about, these are FUTURISTIC weapons. Faster then bullets, although I think Spider-Man can still dodge them. It would take more energy out of him.

Let's think about the other villains Spidey has faced and almost gotten pwn'ed by. The one that sticks out the most to me is Kraven the Hunter. A mere jungle man that smacked up Spider-Man and even buried him (alive). If a Tarzan wannabe can do that to spider-man. Imagine what a l33t futuristic fighter Cable could do to him.

Here's my verdict. If spider-man and Cable were in the octagon. I would say he would have a good advantage if Cable didn't use his mental powers (since you are talking about back in the day, gun toting cable). And IMO would win against him. But if it was like in random setting. I'd say Cable has the advantage.

Last edited by RyBonix on Aug 17th, 2005 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 07:18 PM
RyBonix is currently offline Click here to Send RyBonix a Private Message Find more posts by RyBonix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Ok here is what im trying to say.

First off I dont really respect Cables telekenetic powers. One because the were only given to him because in the begining he was just a gun toten anti hero(from wiki). IN an attmpt to make him a more cooler charcter...how lame is that?

"However, many comic book fans criticized him as a gun-toting, anti-hero cliché, a critique of several Liefeld-created characters. The writers of various X-Books attempted to flesh out his mythos, revealing him to be the time-traveling son of the X-Men’s Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor, as well as a mutant with great telepathic and telekinetic powers."

So he was orginal just a gun toten kinda guy.

This is the Cable Im takin bout cuz its the only cable I have seen on television and definately in the video games(CUZ CABLE AINT DOIN NO FORCE CRUSHES ON NO ONE IN THE GAMES).

Nextly all I am really trying to say is that at WORST Cable and Spiderman are on par with each other. And by on par I mean under certain situations surrounding etc one or the other can beat the other. There is no pwning on Cables side in no sense of the word. Cable does not and will not ever just send Spidy to ashes.

Quote from you Rybonix
Let's think about the other villains Spidey has faced and almost gotten pwn'ed by. The one that sticks out the most to me is Kraven the Hunter. A mere jungle man that smacked up Spider-Man and even buried him (alive). If a Tarzan wannabe can do that to spider-man. Imagine what a l33t futuristic fighter Cable could do to him.

I have never seen Spidy really struggle with Kraven. And come on now these are from the Amazing Spider man gotta make the villain seem like hes got the hero in trouble thats all that is.

Ok bak to the topic at hand.

Looking at some core qualities in them both.

Strength: Both Spidy and Cable are matched in this on equal levels.
Agility: Spidy Dominates.
Reflexes: Spidy Dominates.
Speed: Spidy Dominates.
Intelect: Spidy Doesnt Dominate but I'll go ahead and say the Cable of the Olden days didnt have a Strong NOGIN.
Knowledge of Future Weps: Cable Dominates.
Endurance: Spidy has a healing factor(not like wolverines) and he can take his punches. SO can Cable tho thus why im saying they are at worst EQUAL.
Combative Ability: Very debateble. For fist... Cable aint gonna win this one sorry. Cables combativeabilitys rely on various weapons. NEver in his olden days has he at all relied on some BOGO MADE UP TO MAKE HIM COOLER telekenesis.

Now I hear all this talk about war tactics. Give me a break. Whats cable gonna do? set up traps? If they were to fight in jungle I do not at all believe Cable has the upper hand. For one Spidy's sense is almost clairvoyant in nature. He will detect any trap and he will easily locate Cable. Tell me honestly and truthfully that you have seen Cable do some raw things in his olden days using telekenetics then I will go head and give Cable a high added bonus in this all. But I havnt seen it.

Your octagon theory. I give that too you. Spidy would probably lose cuz he has no where to flip dodge etc. But in a jungle or natural area NO NO NO. His warfare tacticts dont work on Spidy. He will not sneak up on him, he will not set a trap on him so what kinda tactics are we talkin bout? The only thing Cable can do is hit him with his advanced "WEAPONS" and thats absolutely it. Cable DOES NOT in his olden days use his telekenetics to thrash his foes so I absolutely wont take that one.

So In short. Cable does not PWN Spidy in any sort of the word. Does not PWN him in stats and does not PWN him in a vs mode. Original Cable is Even with Spidy and given random cirucumstance one of the other will win. NO pwnage involved.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:32 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Just wanted to say again. The battle would lean even closer to Spidy if they were in a random locale. Spiderman Once was put under Mysterio's illusions had no idea where he was and had to sense it all out. It doesnt matter where spidy is.

OH yeah I forgot to PUT this is all My Opinion.

Last edited by SeerQris on Aug 17th, 2005 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:37 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

I feel like Cable has been hyped up over the years in an attempt to take a crapy character and make him cool. Just look at the olden day Cable garbage and see for yourselfs.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:37 PM
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

But the new Cable is without a doubt a very raw character I enjoy. However new cable and old cable are like 2 differnt chars to me. And telling me that the ugly excuse for comming form the future cyborg cliche character from way back when can handle spidy is a lie.

That old Cable sux0red, his technology was never really aparent to me (When i watched the show as a kid) in the first place cuz it didnt seem too advanced at all!

Saying that this old Cable can just handle Spidy is a great injustice.

Last edited by SeerQris on Aug 17th, 2005 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:38 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman CAN NOT dodge multiple bullets, ESPECIALLY by someone with enhanced reflexes like Cable.
Hell, Punisher has shot Spidey more than a few times.

Spiderman can't dodge everything, and all it takes it multiple grenades and machine gun fire to overload his Spidey sense, then he's a goner.

I have proof that he can't dodge bullets casually, he only does it every so often because of his sense, not his actual reflexes.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:48 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Agreed, However as I was saying cirumstantial. Thats why I said in an octagon Spidy would get wasted away. But in a city or in a jungle some where he can actualy move around alot. He would not just simply be mowed down by Cable its that simple. Yes I know he cant dodge everything. I am not at all claiming this. And his sense aids his reflexes BTW so it is indirectly like a reflex to dodge.

Cables Reflexes are smaller in comparison to Spidy's. Cables reflexes are machine driven at best. Cable will not be flipin around all agile like. Close range I smell Gun Disarming and a Beat down given by Spidy. But what Im trying to say is that Cable does not in anyway Tower over Spidy like a Giant to insect. In fact he doesnt even have the upper hand. They are equal at worst.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 09:55 PM
RyBonix

Quote from SeerQris
I have never seen Spidy really struggle with Kraven. And come on now these are from the Amazing Spider man gotta make the villain seem like hes got the hero in trouble thats all that is.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Are you attempting to retcon Spider-man's BURIAL at the hands of Kraven only because you find it a marketting ploy to make more comics? Sorry my friend, but in the marvel universe, it happened so the fact can't be ignored that Spider-Man DID have trouble dealing with Kraven.

About the Octagon, I was actually implying that Spider-Man would win over Cable (Sorry I didnt' make it clear). I was trying to get at that Spider-Man does have the advantage hand to hand combat wise in this situation.

Spider Senses are only as good as how fast your reaction time is to it. There have been plenty of times that Spider-Man's spider senses have gone off and he would still get hit by whatever his senses were warning him about. Yes his endurance is better then Cable's but at the same time, he is using more then Cable in a fight. If Cable was shooting at him, Spider-Man would be using a lot of energy dodging energy blasts or bullets or even energy bullet blasts. Last I recalled, you don't break and sweat and run out of breathe by pulling the trigger of a gun.

Seeing how Cable is a strategist and a guerilla tactics expert, he won't just run in a fight with guns a blazin', he think of a plan to win against Spidey. Wearing him out would be his best bet before going in to finish him off.

If they started the fight, head on. No doubt Cable would lose. But seeing how that's not how Cable does things, he would find a way to whittle down Spidey's endurance somehow.

Pwnage probably was too strong of a word. Maybe it would come close, maybe they would knock each other out at the same time. But at the same time, this is also just my opinion.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:25 PM
RyBonix is currently offline Click here to Send RyBonix a Private Message Find more posts by RyBonix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Quote from SeerQris

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Are you attempting to retcon Spider-man's BURIAL at the hands of Kraven only because you find it a marketting ploy to make more comics? Sorry my friend, but in the marvel universe, it happened so the fact can't be ignored that Spider-Man DID have trouble dealing with Kraven.

I apologize Rybnoix I was half being sarcastic with this comment. Sure Kraven Gave Spidy a run for his money. But all in all it was is just to make the Amazing Spiderman More interesting and simple as that. Stronger enemeies come and stronger enemies give spidy a threat its all in the way the comics are written. Im not doing any retconing. When I said I havnt seen it I wasnt sayingit didnt happen.

I feel like Im hearing to much about this Cable warfare stuff as if its some big surprise for spiderman. Kraven was quite the little battle strategist himself(With his jungle tactics).

Quote from Rybonix:
Seeing how Cable is a strategist and a guerilla tactics expert, he won't just run in a fight with guns a blazin', he think of a plan to win against Spidey. Wearing him out would be his best bet before going in to finish him off.

Now Spidy is also no fool. HE IS BRILLIANT. He will also Bide his time in the shadows or what not figuring out a raw plan. Wearing spiderman out? Itsnotthat simple. Dodging Bullets is not about to deplete his stamina all quick. And Spider sense? Its like breathing it is not extremely taxing for spider man to use spider senses(I bet its hardly taxing at all".

SPiderman: "Ohh my head hurts... too much spider sense use, im tired"

The above quote is sarcasm.

So I agree with you as far as Cables capability to kill spidy I know cable is very able. But my real argument is that I feel people think Cable is on a higher level then Spidy when he is not. I put them in the same bracket and consider them on par with each other.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:43 PM
RyBonix

well if you put the whole similar bracket as each other. I agree.

But keep in mind that although Spider-Senses are just mere thoughts that tell him of danger. He still needs to concentrate and physically move himself. So the use of his spider-senses are determined by his reflexes and reaction time. That's all I was saying. Spider-senses don't use up energy. Jumping around, dodging everything else does.

I would have to agree that Spider-Man is brilliant as well. But Spider-man did not spend YEARS in a future full of war and turmoil. Always wondering where your next meal was going to be. Wondering ff he would wake up the next morning. It's 24/7 war!

But I agree with you. They are pretty similar with their own strengths

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:50 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

With Spider-man's fighting style he should get shot alot more then he does. Jumping around like that really isn't a smart idea when anyone with some skill can just aim center mass while Spider-man is in midleap... not like he can change is direction or contort is body to such a degree that the shot will miss.

I think Cable wins.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 11:55 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeerQris
Overmind Instructor

Quote from srank: With Spider-man's fighting style he should get shot alot more then he does. Jumping around like that really isn't a smart idea when anyone with some skill can just aim center mass while Spider-man is in midleap... not like he can change is direction or contort is body to such a degree that the shot will miss.

Alright for one you use the word should and that not strong enough because the truth remains that he does jump around and dodge bullets. And yes he does contort his body in midair to avoid bullets, check out ultimate spider man where a group of about 6 men open autogun fire on spidy.

Rybonix. I know cable has spent his whole life fending for his life but fighitng against what? Definately not spidermen. Its not like he has dealt with this before,fighting spider man is a foreign experience to him no matter what future of fighting robots and stuffhe came from. I know robots dont get clever with you.

I dont ever remember hearing anything about Cable being the a Marksman like GreenArrow. I'd say punisher is a better marksman than cable.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 12:03 AM