KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iceman vs. Hulk

Iceman vs. Hulk
Started by: C1nd3r

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C1nd3r

Iceman Vs the Hulk

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:16 AM
C1nd3r is currently offline Click here to Send C1nd3r a Private Message Find more posts by C1nd3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you joking??

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:21 AM
chris_63256 is currently offline Click here to Send chris_63256 a Private Message Find more posts by chris_63256 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

No disrespect guy but have you read a comic before?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 07:24 AM
chris_63256 is currently offline Click here to Send chris_63256 a Private Message Find more posts by chris_63256 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Iceman COULD win. The thing is, characters, when they fight alone, tend to be far more self-reliant and therefore resourceful than they would otherwise. Kind of like the time Iceman fought Magneto by himself and lasted MUCH longer against him than he ever did fighting alongside the X-men. So Iceman not being able to beat the Hulk along with several other X-men doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't do it fighting on his own - he knows that nobody's got his back, so he's going to do things he might not otherwise do with the whole team - like freeze Hulk from the inside out. There isn't a lot that Hulk can do to Iceman - he can exist as water vapour.

I give this one to Iceman when he's fighting to his potential (which is what you're supposed to do on this board).

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:17 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C1nd3r

Obviously thats what i mean, iceman cant die nowadays...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:20 AM
C1nd3r is currently offline Click here to Send C1nd3r a Private Message Find more posts by C1nd3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by demigawd
There isn't a lot that Hulk can do to Iceman -

confused ummmm...A 100 ton fist dropped on the skull would get the job done.

Your statement would be true if you reverse the names. Dude, Ice man would be laid out with one punch from the Hulk. Seriously, how is Ice going to stop the Hulk?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 10:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

You missed the part of my post where I said that Iceman can exist as water vapour. Being smashed is hardly going to get the job done.

As for what Iceman is going to do to the Hulk...freezing the blood in his veins would be a good start. We can get more vicious from there...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 11:18 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

How do you purpose Iceman getting close enough to accomplish a feat like that?

If hulk is impervious to certain subzero tempetures, the only thing iceman can do is slow him down.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 11:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahahahaha.

Actually hilarious. "Ice-Man will win when he's fighting at potential".

Hulk's full potential (he doesn't have one) would take out the X-Men team in minutes.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 12:59 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

isn't Hulks body totally charged with radiation?....... freezing wont work against him as this radiation would defrost him in an instant.......... in theory

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 03:39 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Good reply Scoobs! I rekcon Hulk probably does have a much higher ambvient temp than normal humans.

And you're right AC - Hulk at 'max' would DECIMATE the X-Men. All Iceman could do is buy himself time...

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 03:42 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Hulk wins , why ask Jugs , and Gladiator

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 04:46 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

HULK no contest.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 05:27 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Silly - Hulk is just a brick - he can't do anything to Iceman because Iceman can't be physically destroyed. And Hulk's resistence to low temperatures doesn't mean anything - Iceman isn't making it COLD around Hulk, he's not hitting Hulk with ice, he's freezing Hulk's blood. No matter how strong you are, ain't no getting around that. And radiation isn't hot....Hulk isn't a microwave oven, lol. It's just radiation - it doesn't melt ice.

Hulk, fighting at "max" wouldn't kill all the X-men in minutes. He wouldn't kill them at all. You keep forgetting that Hulk is just a brick - he just punches stuff. That's hardly versatile enough to take out all of the X-men, no matter how hard his "max" punches.

Sorry, Iceman still takes this.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:12 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

radiation absolutley can melt ice....... what do you think people are talking about when they say the ice caps are melting? every ounce of heat that comes from the sun is radiation......... didn't you see the issue of hulk, just after the Onslaught story, where his body emits so much radiation that no one, even in protective gear, can get within 50 feet of him..... then one guy takes off his helmet and gets melted from around that distance

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:30 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I didn't know better, I'd say that last sentence was supposed to be a fact.

Luckily I do. So I can say "Sorry, he doesn't. Hulk does."

Starting off your post saying "Silly" to us and then going on to say "Hulk just punches stuff" is a contradiction, in a way. Ice-Man literally just freezes stuff, my freezer does too. Ice-Man just does it faster. Hulk "just" punches with unparelleled force and power. It's a punch, hardly "just" a punch.

The very fact that Ice-Man now "can't be physically destroyed" says it all.

So, sorry, Hulk still takes this.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:30 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chris_63256
Restricted

Account Restricted

no discussion here what so ever Hulk in 20 seconds... Like I said throw in the towel this was a horrible vs...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:39 PM
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

hulk would crush that icecicle he cant do anything to hurt him unless he makes a big ice sord or something sharp and stab him with it but even then hulk would still probley win

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:40 PM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

ok, let me clarify...GAMMA radiation doesn't melt ice. Radiation is a pretty vague term, like "energy". There are all different kinds of radiation, all along the EM spectrum, but only some of it generates heat. Gamma isn't one of them.

Hulk, after the Onslaught storyline was radiation extradimensional energies from counter-Earth. That's not in play here.

Iceman doesn't just freeze stuff - he controls molecular speeds. He's able to slow the spinning of molecules, which causes a freezing effect. Hulk has no defense against that whatsoever becauuuuuuse....he just punches stuff! He can punch stuff hard enough to destroy mountains, but he just punches stuff. He has no defense against his molecules being essentially stopped (frozen).

Iceman, on the other hand, can just stand there and say, "give me your best shot". Hulk does so, and Iceman shatters into a million pieces. A billion pieces. A trillion pieces. But he's still fine, because that doesn't kill him or even knock him out.

So you see...Hulk just punches stuff, and just punching stuff ain't gonna do the trick against Iceman.

Iceman freezes things at a molecular level, and that does just the trick against Hulk.

So sorry again, Iceman still takes this.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:43 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by demigawd
ok, let me clarify...GAMMA radiation doesn't melt ice. Radiation is a pretty vague term, like "energy". There are all different kinds of radiation, all along the EM spectrum, but only some of it generates heat. Gamma isn't one of them

Gamma radiation doesn't create big green super-monsters either..... but in comics it does, so in the world of marvel you can't say for definite that hulks body wont be "unfreezable"

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 06:48 PM