KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ali vs Rocky

Ali vs Rocky
Started by: jesserw21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jesserw21

Ali vs Rocky

who wins? The tick is the ref

and she is the ring girl

Attachment: 261805788l3dt.jpg
This has been downloaded 104 time(s).

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 01:46 PM
jesserw21 is currently offline Click here to Send jesserw21 a Private Message Find more posts by jesserw21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rocky

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:04 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Ali is real, the real thing always wins.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:20 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Ali, all the way. Rocky rides the short bus all the way back to myasskickedville.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 02:50 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Rocky beat Mr.T.... Sorry but anyone who hands it to T has to be hella hard...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 03:08 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Rocky needs to be pummeled into a bloody mess before he ever wakes up and tries to win a fight. Ali will skip around the ring, making all kinds of derogetory comments about Italians and Philadelphia, and Rocky will swing and miss so much he will get tired, ask for a brisk, get reminded that's only for commercials, and eventually a sweet combination by Ali, faster than the eye can see, puts him down in the tenth!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 03:56 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Rocky. Ali wasn't as great as people think.
He gets hyped up because he finally toppled Foreman [a feat no one thought he could do, and even he admitted he couldn't have done it again, meanwhile Foreman came back and proved he was champ in his mid 40s, coming back and easily taking the title.] and talked a lot of shit. Other than that, some of the guys who beat him or gave him trouble were heavywieght pussies.
Rocky on the other hand, has never been koed.
lol.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 04:12 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Mr. T/Clubber Lang K.Oed him in their first match. Whatya talkin' aboot?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 05:23 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Rocky. Ali wasn't as great as people think.
He gets hyped up because he finally toppled Foreman [a feat no one thought he could do, and even he admitted he couldn't have done it again, meanwhile Foreman came back and proved he was champ in his mid 40s, coming back and easily taking the title.] and talked a lot of shit. Other than that, some of the guys who beat him or gave him trouble were heavywieght pussies.
Rocky on the other hand, has never been koed.
lol.

huh You must be insane. Out of 61 fights he's lost 5. 37 fights were by KO. Ali is without a doubt was the G.O.A.T. Ali's style would eventually put down Rocky. He carried his hands at his sides, rather than the normal boxing style of carrying the hands high to defend the face. That means he relies on his reflexes ( superior to Rocky's ) and reach (80 inches also superior to Rocky's ) to keep him away from his opponents' blows. Ali punched to the head much more than most boxers—a high-risk strategy since, over the duration of a long fight, punches to the body can be much more effective in tiring an opponent out. Then it'd be Rocky's make believe ass from there. Ali is all about mind games. He'd WRECK Rocky and take Adrian back to the trailer park for some head.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 05:51 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
huh You must be insane. Out of 61 fights he's lost 5. 37 fights were by KO. Ali is without a doubt was the G.O.A.T. Ali's style would eventually put down Rocky. He carried his hands at his sides, rather than the normal boxing style of carrying the hands high to defend the face. That means he relies on his reflexes ( superior to Rocky's ) and reach (80 inches also superior to Rocky's ) to keep him away from his opponents' blows. Ali punched to the head much more than most boxers—a high-risk strategy since, over the duration of a long fight, punches to the body can be much more effective in tiring an opponent out. Then it'd be Rocky's make believe ass from there. Ali is all about mind games. He'd WRECK Rocky and take Adrian back to the trailer park for some head.
He was good but mostly show like you said he used his reach and speed but his biggest weapns were his mind games. He used them to get inside people's heads and get them off their game. He did it to Foreman by basiclly wearing himout. Ali is good no doubt but he isn't unbeatable and from what I saw if people could handle the mind tricks and stay on their game they could give Ali a fight.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:00 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
He was a GOOD Boxer no doubt, but not the best.. I consider Foreman the best, Foreman proved in his FORTIES that he was the next best thing to unstoppable.. Ali got him once.. but lets not ignore the facts, Ali lost to Frazier in one of the biggest, longest gruelingest matches ever..-- Foreman beats Frazier in 6 minutes. Ali lost to Norton.. Foreman beat him in the middle of round 2. Foreman was 6-1 odds against Ali. Ali got lucky, and now people call him the goat because of it.. but hey.... Foreman retired champ in his 40s, and Ali can't seem to stop shaking from too many headblows.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:02 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Faulken
A Compound of Evil

Plus Foreman has the mean, lean, grilling machine.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:19 PM
The Faulken is currently offline Click here to Send The Faulken a Private Message Find more posts by The Faulken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

He was a GOOD Boxer no doubt, but not the best.. I consider Foreman the best, Foreman proved in his FORTIES that he was the next best thing to unstoppable.. Ali got him once.. but lets not ignore the facts, Ali lost to Frazier in one of the biggest, longest gruelingest matches ever..-- Foreman beats Frazier in 6 minutes. Ali lost to Norton.. Foreman beat him in the middle of round 2. Foreman was 6-1 odds against Ali. Ali got lucky, and now people call him the goat because of it.. but hey.... Foreman retired champ in his 40s, and Ali can't seem to stop shaking from too many headblows.
That was mean man Ali was GOOD and should go down as a legend in the sport. Today I think he would get mugged by some of todays competitors but back then he was great and you can't sell him short on it. He isn't the best but he is up there.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:22 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I sure Rocky Marciano would murder Ali. lol

49 fights, 49 wins, 43 knockouts, and 0 loses.

Oh yeah and in 1969. He made a one fight come back and ko Ali in the 14 round.

Attachment: g1_u4941_rockymarreverse.jpeg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:23 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Joker1237
I sure Rocky Marciano would murder Ali. lol

49 fights, 49 wins, 43 knockouts, and 0 loses.

Oh yeah and in 1969. He made a one fight come back and ko Ali in the 14 round.
lol.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 06:31 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

**** the fight, I want the ring girl. big grin

DAMN!!!

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 07:02 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Ali would smoke Rocky Stallone or Rocky M IMO. Just a better athlete in all categories...also a role model who had to overcome social and racial issues of the time. Stallone is what???5'4? And 160lbs? That would be a serious ass-kicking.

Modern Athletes are just so far ahead of Rocky M its not even funny....I havent boxed in 8 years but considering the shape I'm in, I wouldnt hesitate to fight a sloppy chump like that for 100 bucks.

About Foreman, I agree, I think Foreman is one of the most under rated athletes of all time.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 07:04 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Foreman crushed Frazier and Norton, two fighters who's style gave Ali worlds of trouble. But then Foreman gets throughly schooled by Ali, who gets the belt back. What does any of this who-beats-who prove? Ultimately nothing.

Last edited by roughrider on Oct 27th, 2005 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 07:20 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by roughrider
Foreman crushed Frazier and Norton, two fighters who's style gave Ali worlds of trouble. But then Foreman gets throughly schooled by Ali, who gets the belt back. What does any of this who-beats-who prove? Ultimately nothing.
The fight with Ali and Foreman went for 8 rounds, when Ali got lucky and put the big man down... like I said, it's been said by analysts and Ali himself alike, he would NEVER have been able to perform that again.
I'm not saying Ali isnt a good fighter, I'm saying he's overrated and BETTER boxers are UNDERrated.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 08:04 PM
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stallone is 5'11 210 lbs.

Anyway, ali would loose to rocky.
Batman would loose to rocky.
Bruce lee would loose to rocky.

I am a fan of all these people, they are the best.
Ali of of the top 3 best boxers of all time.
Bruce lee one of the top 3 best martial-artists of all time.

Rocky is a montage feuled slow-witted one track fighting machine that won't stop..Ever!

He wins against anyone who his punches can hurt.
Against Superman, no.
Against These guys, yeah.
Rocky wins.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 08:51 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote