KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Trained Pit Bull vs Wolf in a pit fight.

Trained Pit Bull vs Wolf in a pit fight.
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trained Pit Bull vs Wolf in a pit fight.

Ok, there are MILLIONS of pit bulls and wolves in comics, don't shut this down.

This is a fight between a pitbull terrier and a wild wolf. The conditions are that they fight in a pit where all the normal dog fighting rules apply. The Pit is highly game and well taught.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 04:38 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

According to zoologists, to wolves, pit bulls and all other breeds of dog are only considered food.

Through breeding Pit Bulls and all other dogs have a big disadvantage to wolves...wolves have far superior muscle efficiency and bone density...Although Pit Bulls have over developed jaw muscles they cannot bite nearly as hard as a wolf...pit bull muscle may highly favor slow twitch muscle which is why they are accustomed to bite and hold on (which is the case for all "bull" types which were literally bred to catch rats and then bite and hold bulls). Wolves also have some of the most impressive lung efficiency and endurance among mammals. Finally, wolves live over huge territories and articulate very impressive hunting strategies. When dogs were bred, they were NOT conditioned or selected based on their brain power. Thus, early on in their domestication, thousands of years ago, without selection for brain power, their brain's cerebral mass was severely diminished...even the smartest and most well trained dogs have an ultimately smaller brain and are dumber than any wolf.

Wolf wins.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 04:57 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

wat he said!

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 04:59 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wynndar
According to zoologists, to wolves, pit bulls and all other breeds of dog are only considered food.

Through breeding Pit Bulls and all other dogs have a big disadvantage to wolves...wolves have far superior muscle efficiency and bone density...Although Pit Bulls have over developed jaw muscles they cannot bite nearly as hard as a wolf...pit bull muscle may highly favor slow twitch muscle which is why they are accustomed to bite and hold on (which is the case for all "bull" types which were literally bred to catch rats and then bite and hold bulls). Wolves also have some of the most impressive lung efficiency and endurance among mammals. Finally, wolves live over huge territories and articulate very impressive hunting strategies. When dogs were bred, they were NOT conditioned or selected based on their brain power. Thus, early on in their domestication, thousands of years ago, without selection for brain power, their brain's cerebral mass was severely diminished...even the smartest and most well trained dogs have an ultimately smaller brain and are dumber than any wolf.

Wolf wins.

Perfect answer.
The only dogs that might give a wolf a run for their money are South-African Ridgebacks (bred to help in hunting lions - although they were often simply cannonfodder for the cats since even an adult leopard can tke down any dog, but they helped in running down solitary lions as a pack), and the European Wolfhound.
A pitbull would be slaughtered.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:00 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Normal dogs are food when the Wolf leads it into the woods and the pack kills it. But pits aren't normal dogs, they have skill on how to win a fight, they have enormous pain tolerance.

Again, this is a highly trained PBT, it's very game. Game pits will die rather than be beaten.

I don't think the wolf has what it takes.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:06 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Pit bull is to wolf, as polar bear is to bull walrus.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:07 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Pit bull is to wolf, as polar bear is to bull walrus.

as xmarksthespot it to Blair Wind

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:10 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Even in one on one encounters Wolves have demonstrated they can articulate strategy to kill...thats why lone wolves have stalked humans, watched their behavior and formed strategies to eat them...Less than ten creatures in the animal kindom can do this. Many breeds of dog may look like a match on paper...English Mastiffs, pit bulls, and ridgebacks, but they are severely behind in the smarts and skill department. If u actually encounter a wild wolf, one will immediately notice how much more graceful it is than a dog...They have entirely different shoulder and leg structure that makes them strideful, silent, and more agile. It is also very disconcerting when u watch their eyes because u can see them actually studying u and trying to read your behavior. Back in Indiana where I grew up, I visited two different wolf reserves...one of them actually has over thirty wolves; here I got to spend time with an individual wolf behind a 12 foot fence that followed and studied me for half an hour...looking back at an intelligent animal trying to figure out a way to eat u is interesting but still kinda haunting. I also saw one bite through a three inch cow bone like it was a snickers. I study biology and have an interest in zoology...seen a lot of animals and wolves are very impressive.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:12 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Blair Wind
as xmarksthespot it to Blair Wind
messed Are you threatening to kill me? I thought we were forever... laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:12 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
messed Are you threatening to kill me? I thought we were forever... laughing out loud

only when the tooth fairy comes out, and Santa admits he is Elvis will we be forever!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:18 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Originally posted by long pig
Normal dogs are food when the Wolf leads it into the woods and the pack kills it. But pits aren't normal dogs, they have skill on how to win a fight, they have enormous pain tolerance.

Again, this is a highly trained PBT, it's very game. Game pits will die rather than be beaten.

I don't think the wolf has what it takes.

Thats like saying u could train a learning disabled person to beat Cale Sanderson in a wrestling match.

The Pit lacks the physiology to beat a Wolf under normal circumstances. The pit is too far behind...its speed, intelligence, and strength were selected out thousands of years ago while wolves only became more naturally selected. Do u realize that a wolf has more bite power than most carnivorous mammals twice its size i.e. a lion? Pit bulls have massive jaw muscles not meant for pressure but slow twitch muscle that can hold onto the bull...thats why bull-type breeds have wide "ugly" snouts...to grip and hold the bull and the genetic DISORDER agromaglia was INTENTIONALLY bred into them thats why the rest of their bodies are so thick and awkward...the wrinkles in their muzzles were encouraged to direct the blood of the bull away from their eyes. They are simply built to hold on to an animal like a dog...A wolf would literally bite a dogs head off in a similar position.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:23 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Comparative animal biology?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:30 AM
Jargon343

Pit bulls aren't as tough as they're made out to be. A wolf would kill any dog easily, simply for the fact that they have an instinct to go for the jugular, were dogs lack that instinct. Generally it's considered preferable to be attacked by a pack of wolves than a pack of ferile dogs because wolves will kill you quick, drag you down and rip your throat, where a pack of dogs will just grab hold somewhere and start ripping.

Pit's are really just normal dogs, except they're pretty muscled for a dog their size and they are very easily trained (ie it's alot easier to make them vicious).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:30 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

You got to think though. This is in a PIT. When a Pit Bull terrier sees the wolf, he's going to charge at them. There's really no need for strategy as much as there would be out in the wild. Sure I think out in the wild the Wolf would kill the Pit with in minutes. But this is in a caged space. I think the Pit would at least be a decent match.

But really insightful post by the way Wynndar.

Cheers!

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:33 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Actually in a fight against a dog, a wolf would be more inclined to go for it eyes than its jugular. Wolves aren't really like the big cats who may have diverged from carnivores with exaggerated canine structure...the big cats never really depended on bite power...Wolves can literally bite through any bone in the dog's body effortlessly.

Last edited by Wynndar on Nov 2nd, 2005 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:39 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
You got to think though. This is in a PIT. When a Pit Bull terrier sees the wolf, he's going to charge at them. There's really no need for strategy as much as there would be out in the wild. Sure I think out in the wild the Wolf would kill the Pit with in minutes. But this is in a caged space. I think the Pit would at least be a decent match.

But really insightful post by the way Wynndar.

Cheers!

Well one could speculate some kind of scenerio that would appear to give the pit an advantage...however, Im not talking about a fight in the woods...animals dont discern between fighting environments anyway. I was just pointing out the cerebral and physiological tools that give the wolf a dramatic advantage...pit or not...charging or not...highly trained or not...the pit bull is so slow, awkward, weak, and unarticulate it would have no hope against something that has been naturally selected to be a top predator of other mammals. Pit Bulls have been unnaturally selected to catching rats and holding onto bulls. Although they have been used to fight other dogs they havent been genetically selected to fighting or killing anything but rats. U cant train a Pit through a dozen generations of fighting dogs, when its already genetically engineered to holding onto a bull, to fight something thats been naturally selected out in an arctic and timber environment to kill elk, moose, and bears for millions of years. The wolf endured multiple ice ages...pit bulls have been bred to fight for a few decades in trailer parks and the ghetto.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:49 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

... Well hot damn, wolves kick ass. Seriously though, getting my leg literally bitten off doesn't sound pleasant. I'm avoiding wolves.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 05:52 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

The wolf would kill the pit bull, no question.A wolf versus a spotted hyena would have been a better matchup. Now there's an animal with an impressive set of jaws.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:05 AM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Yep

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 06:14 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Wynndar
Thats like saying u could train a learning disabled person to beat Cale Sanderson in a wrestling match.

The Pit lacks the physiology to beat a Wolf under normal circumstances.

Which is exactly why Spiderman beats Batman. Hahah, sorry, just wanted to throw that out there. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 07:18 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote