KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Statesman vs Captain America

Statesman vs Captain America
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Statesman vs Captain America

Statesman from City of Heroes (which has its own comic thanks to top cow) vs Captain America.

Im thinking Statesman wins this one, what do you guys think?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 10:39 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Anyone? heres a pic and a bio

Statesman is the lead hero of the City of Heroes backstory and is the actual character played by Jack Emmert, Cryptic Studios co-founder/Lead Designer.

As Paragon City's first costumed superhero, Marcus Cole has been fighting evil for over 70 years. After mastering the Far East secret of unlocking the "inner will", Cole gained access to incredible strength and invulnerability. Over the years he has used his powers for good, battling injustice both local and worldwide. During this time, he also seems to have gained an archnemisis by the name of Lord Recluse. According to their conversations (Lord Recluse calls Statesman an "old friend") and off the record comments from Cryptic Studios employees, their pasts and possibly origins are irrevocably intertwined. As of July 2005, the true nature of their relationship is unknown.

He has a keen interest in organizing the hero community as the founder of the Freedom Phalanx and a member of the Vanguard Elite. Statesman is one of the few survivors of the devastating Rikti War and now spends much of his time aiding and training the new heroes of Paragon City.

In the June 2005 Top Cow issue of City of Heroes, it was revealed that Marcus Cole discovered the fabled "Fountain of Zeus." By drinking from this fountain, he obtained the strength, power, and spirit of the Greek god Zeus. Statesman's seemingly unmatched powers are apparently derived from his status as a near-god. When referring to Zeus, he changes between first and third-person usage. While this seems to contradict the previous origin, there have been some hints that he has not been fully open with his own origin.

Notable powers: Flight, invulnerability, super-strength, super-speed

Attachment: the statesman.gif
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 10:52 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

bump* does no one own the game and read the comic? I mean I dont and I still know somehting about it...so could somone respond?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 12:58 AM
Zenoside
-Insert funny title here-

How about option C?

LORD RECLUSE PWNS THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

MUAHAHAH MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Your bedside manner needs work, doc. I t'ink I liked it better when you were kissin' me."- Gambit
"M'sweet, I never gamble... I win. At everything."- Gambit

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 01:14 AM
Zenoside is currently offline Click here to Send Zenoside a Private Message Find more posts by Zenoside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Statesmen kicks his spider butt...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 01:51 AM
lando005

statesman would take the cap (sad to say it but it's true without back up he cant handle him)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2006 11:46 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

good fight actully, i'd say the statesman because captian america has a cloth head gear, statesman has a helmet :P its that close that my excuse for my chioce

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2006 02:58 AM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote