KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain Marvel vs Captain Atom

Captain Marvel vs Captain Atom
Started by: Piedmon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Captain Marvel vs Captain Atom

I saw both their action figures from the Batman/Superman "Public Enemies" storyline hanging in my comic book store long ago, and the idea germinated in my head then.... but it was this morning that I thought about this and decided it has the potential to be one of the coolest battles in DC history.

Written correctly, these guys should be about equally powerful. It'd be a great fight to watch no matter who came out on top. But who would squeak in the win?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 03:42 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

captain atom......

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 03:44 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Care to supply a reason?

I honestly can't pick one.... Both Captains have the strength and speed to match Superman blow-for-blow, and both have a badass ranged attack (Atom's atomic blasts, Marvel's lightning bolts). The best I can say is it's 5/5 either way.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 03:48 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

captain atom has more then that

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 03:53 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Melnorme

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Piedmon
Care to supply a reason?

I honestly can't pick one.... Both Captains have the strength and speed to match Superman blow-for-blow, and both have a badass ranged attack (Atom's atomic blasts, Marvel's lightning bolts). The best I can say is it's 5/5 either way.

Captain Atom is not as strong as either Superman or Captain Marvel. He's also not nearly as invulnerable as either. Unlike a battle against Superman, where Captain Atom could pull some "I'm simulating kryptonite" or "red solar radiation" schtick, Captain Marvel wouldn't suffer from any of those Vulnerabilitie.

Captain Marvel 9/10.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 03:58 AM
Melnorme is currently offline Click here to Send Melnorme a Private Message Find more posts by Melnorme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Originally posted by Melnorme
Captain Atom is not as strong as either Superman or Captain Marvel. He's also not nearly as invulnerable as either. Unlike a battle against Superman, where Captain Atom could pull some "I'm simulating kryptonite" or "red solar radiation" schtick, Captain Marvel wouldn't suffer from any of those Vulnerabilitie.

Captain Marvel 9/10.

Agreed yes

I've seen Captain Atom sliced open with a Katana and he was dying until Plastique cauterized his wounds with her energy blasts...

Marvel takes this.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 09:56 AM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Captain Marvel 9/10.

Captain Marvel can only do kryptonite through Batmans ring.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 01:09 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Captain Marvel wins.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 01:10 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

They're in the process of revising Captain Atom right now in a new series, I haven't read but the first issue of it, though I think they have 2 or 3 out...
However, judging by previous CA and CM, CM is a powerful first class hero, CA is a powerful second rate.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 06:00 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Captain Marvel 9/10.

pretty close to what i was about to post

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 06:38 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Scoobles, since when are you in the COWBOY thing....... like me ??

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 07:47 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dman2008
Free Agent

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Agreed yes

I've seen Captain Atom sliced open with a Katana and he was dying until Plastique cauterized his wounds with her energy blasts...

Marvel takes this.

Atom was not the one sliced open by Katana that was Major force

anyways Marvel wins 9/10

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 03:15 PM
dman2008 is currently offline Click here to Send dman2008 a Private Message Find more posts by dman2008 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Marvel wins this easily.....

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 04:28 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Originally posted by dman2008
Atom was not the one sliced open by Katana that was Major force

anyways Marvel wins 9/10

Not by 'Katana' but by A katana - as in a sword!!!

laughing

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 05:26 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cameron Scott

In his mini series, he beats Majestic with two hits, an established planet mover.

Yes, he isn't as strong on average, but he can keep up with his massive energy powers which makes the match a lot closer than you guys giving it for.

Also, the katana was made to cut through the same metal as Captain Atom's skin, as revealed later in the book where they used the material to cut the metal skin from the Silver Shield, and alloy it into CA and test it on him by dropping a nuke on him.

Last edited by Cameron Scott on Dec 10th, 2005 at 03:45 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 03:42 PM
Cameron Scott is currently offline Click here to Send Cameron Scott a Private Message Find more posts by Cameron Scott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Captain Marvel 9/10.
Perfect wording.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 05:04 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote