KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Doom vs. Batman

Dr. Doom vs. Batman
Started by: Imperial_Samura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Doom vs. Batman

Doom, a smart cookie and a villain. Batman, a smart cookie and a hero. Doom has decided to set up shop in Gotham, and has been preparing for some time. However, 2 nights before he is set to put his plans in motion and enter Gotham in order to subdue it, Batman discovers the danger he is in when a Doom Bot drops out of the sky for no reason clutching a letter that says "Secret, Do not read"...

So, with two days to prepare will Batman be able to stop Doom in the coming battle, or will Doom add the city to his little Empire and take Batman down a peg or two? Or might this all be some manner of ploy...

As an aside Batman is supported by Robin and Bat Girl.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:10 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Doom would win

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 02:46 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Doom all the way. There aren't many things Batman can, but Doom can't.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 06:34 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

cool bat man will win but cool

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 06:37 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Batman doesnt stand a chance...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 08:36 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

If Reed Richards outsmarts Doom on a daily basis Batman will take care of bussiness rather easily.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 09:42 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Bah, fool. Doom would win easily over the Batman.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:55 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

Batman would win

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 02:10 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Richards doesn't outsmart Doom regularly, they've only been in the same comics together a small handful of times, in some cases Doom humbling Richards. Batman's good, but don't suggest that he's as smart as Richards, because he's just not. Whatever Batman can do, Doom can do far better. Now, this isn't official, but this is from battle site, and I'm only posting it because I can more or less see it going that way:

http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_171.htm

Now, Grant Morrison's Batman might give him a fight, but either way Doom should be far too much for him, and with Robin and Batgirl there, that's only a handicap on Batman's side.

And, I'm sure there's already a couple of Batman vs. Doom threads in here somewhere.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 10:30 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

quote:
Originally posted by juggernaut74
If Reed Richards outsmarts Doom on a daily basis Batman will take care of bussiness rather easily.

Reed Richards>tons of people>Batman

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 01:22 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 02:03 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Oh thats right Doom dosnt evern show up in the comics cause he knows that he is a overated peice of Sh!t who would get his @ss kicked.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:40 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote:
Oh thats right Doom dosnt even show up in the comics cause he knows that he is a overated peice of Sh!t who would get his @ss kicked.

Doom can beat anybody never mind that post.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:41 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even with prep time, I just can't see batman winning this one without some assistance from the Justice league. I mean Richards is waaay smarter than the bat and it usually takes him and the rest of the FF to beat Doom.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 10:02 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Nobody beats Doom cause he never fights anybody. He has his robots fight for him. Thing kicked his @ss once all by himself.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:28 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Yeah, Doom's way overrated. After all, all he's ever done is drain the powers of Silver Surfer, Galactus, Watchers, and the Beyonder; has taken over Earth and given it back out of boredom; has taken over the heroes reborn Earth; taken shots from Thanos using the power gem; has caught Captain America's shield mid-flight; has killed a lion unarmed and unarmored; has played Mephisto; has made himself invulnerable to Magneto's powers; has built a time machine before that accursed Richards even thought of it; has built a device that lets him move around in frozen time; has mastered a technique that lets him switch bodies with just about anyone; is a legitimate candidate for Sorceror Supreme; has succeeded in developing a cure for Thing's condition;has taken mental attacks from the Overmind and Purple without flinching; has personally thrown down with Adam Warlock and the Magus...

Yeah, Doom's just an overrated beyotch. Who can be respected after being beaten by Reed "even Galactus respects my intelligence" Richards?

Thanks to Pendaren from CBR Forums for that little list.wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 05:54 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

He did all of that and still manages to fail in his plans for world domination. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 12:22 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Bah, how can you even suggest that an mortal man would have an chance against the might of Doctor Doom, the ruler of Latveria?

DOOM will prevail.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 12:25 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

But thanks for the recent knowledge of Doom. I do now have a newfound respect for him. I used to read FF comics but never really liked him much but I do now.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 12:28 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
He did all of that and still manages to fail in his plans for world domination. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

The thigh is, he DID take over the world, he just got bored after and gave it back. He's not worried about it anymore, just running his country and trying to kill that accursed Richards.

But I am glad you found a new respect for Doom though. I'll admit, he can be overrated by some fans at times, but it's not without good reason.wink

And oops, I put down Purple instead of Purple Man in that post, my bad.laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 05:16 AM