KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill vs. Morg

Beta Ray Bill vs. Morg
Started by: Tulika

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tulika
A die-hard Ultron fan

Beta Ray Bill vs. Morg

Beta Ray, the extraterrestial Thor look-a-like using his Odin-given hammer faces the most brutish of Galactus' heralds, Morg. No preparation time, fight takes place on Earth in a landscape full of handy if makeshift weaponry such as construction beams and lamp posts.

Which alien wins?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 02:57 PM
Tulika is currently offline Click here to Send Tulika a Private Message Find more posts by Tulika Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

BRB is awesome, but unfortunately, Morg is too much.

Galactus did a very bad thing when he made Morg.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 04:21 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I agree. BRB is pretty cool (altho i think of him like a warped version of thor) Morg is just more powerful.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 12:05 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

morg

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:12 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

5/10 to each, split right down the middle.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:37 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Morg

thank u bz

Old Post May 26th, 2008 06:11 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

sheephead imo

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 26th, 2008 06:12 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Great fight. I'll say Morg 6/10.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 07:00 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

This would be a spectacular throw-down. I'd routing for Beta Ray Bill to pull through, but I gotta wonder if Morg would actually edge him out. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the planet where this fight takes place.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 26th, 2008 07:55 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Why is it that nobody references a speed advantage for Morg, when it's the piece de resistance in the bag of arguments for a Surfer fan, and brought up ad nauseum in the Surfer v. Thor thread??

By all rights, BRB is no faster than Thor in terms of combat reflexes, and even if Morg is < Surfer in overall speed, he's in the same ballpark.

Morg 9/10, because screw double standards.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 08:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Why is it that nobody references a speed advantage for Morg, when it's the piece de resistance in the bag of arguments for a Surfer fan, and brought up ad nauseum in the Surfer v. Thor thread??

By all rights, BRB is no faster than Thor in terms of combat reflexes, and even if Morg is < Surfer in overall speed, he's in the same ballpark.

Morg 9/10, because screw double standards.

Just one little problem. Morg.........is an idiot.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 08:52 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Just one little problem. Morg.........is an idiot.

Double standards in general though. I couldn't care less about this particular fight.

I made a comment in the Loki v. Heralds thread that he'd clear most of them, and I was waiting for someone to call shenanigans on me for the same reason. Never happened. He's a less strong Thor with some spells and somehow he can match heralds that supposedly run circles around Thor. Not right.

And it shoudl still apply to this fight if the difference is that vast.

Last edited by Digi on May 26th, 2008 at 09:03 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2008 08:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

When has Morg displayed Superspeed outside of flying?

I'll have to go with BRB unless Morg has the waters of life.

He did just dandy against Stardust who I find to be more powerful than Morg.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 09:55 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Avlon
When has Morg displayed Superspeed outside of flying?

I'll have to go with BRB unless Morg has the waters of life.

He did just dandy against Stardust who I find to be more powerful than Morg.

And Surfer used his speed advantage in his fights with Thor? Hell, when has he used it outside of flying? I can think of one instance offhand, and while I'm not a Surfer expert I'm also not a novice with his feats.

This is what I'm saying. Does Morg have super speed? Do the forum rules state that characters fight at peak abilities? At least the second is yes. If you answered yes to the first, then Morg wins this. And given heralds travel speeds, and thus the need for fast reflexes, and similar power source, I see no reason why it shouldn't be. Obviously, it wouldn't be written as such (see BRB/Stardust) but that's how it should go down if we grant that heralds are all in the same ballpark as one another reflexes-wise.

wink

Last edited by Digi on May 26th, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:19 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

And Surfer used his speed advantage in his fights with Thor? Hell, when has he used it outside of flying? I can think of one instance, and while I'm not a Surfer expert I'm also not a novice with his feats.

Surfer has never been a speedster in H2H. I've never seen any of the heralds use any kind of Superspeed outside of traveling with their weapons/devices.

I don't see speed on either side as an issue here.

This is what I'm saying. Does Morg have super speed? Do the forum rules state that characters fight at peak abilities? At least the second is yes. If you answered yes to the first, then Morg wins this.

wink

Have you seen him use it in H2H or in battle? Thor and BRB fly pretty fast too with their hammers. I don't see speed as an advantage in H2H as they should be about the same speed.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:24 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Avlon
Surfer has never been a speedster in H2H. I've never seen any of the heralds use any kind of Superspeed outside of traveling with their weapons/devices.

I don't see speed on either side as an issue here.

Have you seen him use it in H2H or in battle? Thor and BRB fly pretty fast too with their hammers. I don't see speed as an advantage in H2H as they should be about the same speed.

Heh. We're actually pretty much in agreement here. I was playing devil's advocate with arguments that have been used against me.

Anyway, go say that in the Surfer v. Thor thread. They need to hear it. Though, to be fair, Surfer has at least once attacked while traveling faster than lightspeed (that I know of), though he was merely circling his opponent, not changing direction like "H2H speed" would imply.

But you're right about Morg, and I agree. I'd actually give BRB the majority here, but I feel like a double standard exists for heralds where people will attribute FTL attacks to Surfer and godly reaction times, while saying that the "regular speed" people of the world (BRB among them) could hang with any other herald. The heralds should at least be close to one another in terms of reactions time, so what is true for one should be at least partially true for the others...but that often isn't the case.

Last edited by Digi on May 26th, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:30 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Heh. We're actually pretty much in agreement here. I was playing devil's advocate with arguments that have been used against me.

I always thought the speed thing to be pretty obvious. BRB and Thor aren't that different from Heralds if one really thinks about it. Their main difference being their power source (divine power vs Cosmic Energy.)

Anyway, go say that in the Surfer v. Thor thread. They need to hear it. Though, to be fair, Surfer has at least once attacked while traveling faster than lightspeed (that I know of), though he was merely circling his opponent, not changing direction like "H2H speed" would imply.

Truth and fanboyism do not mix. It's annoying enough debating against the sheer numbers of blockheads who debate with fallacies against characters that I usually back.

On Thors end, a Godblast should end SS handily. They have ways of beating each other though. It's not particularly lopsided in any direction.

But you're right about Morg, and I agree. I'd actually give BRB the majority here, but I feel like a double standard exists for heralds where people will attribute FTL attacks to Surfer and godly reaction times, while saying that the "regular speed" people of the world (BRB among them) could hang with any other herald. The heralds should at least be close to one another in terms of reactions time, so what is true for one should be at least partially true for the others...but that often isn't the case.

Cosmics get preferential treatment simply based on potential vs other characters that must have "proof" of every little action and even then every subtlety must be debated to death.

The Spidey vs Firelord rule only seems to apply to... Spidey vs Firelord. It's usually ignored in many other cases.

Glad to see were on the same side on this one though.

Last edited by Avlon on May 27th, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:53 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

bill takes a healthy majority, imo.

Old Post May 27th, 2008 12:38 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Morg

Old Post May 27th, 2008 03:08 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

BRB wins.

Old Post May 27th, 2008 02:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote