KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » stan lee's view on thor versus hulk

stan lee's view on thor versus hulk
Started by: paolo2143

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
paolo2143

stan lee's view on thor versus hulk

just read the following interview which stan lee gave just a few years back in 1998 when asked who he thought was stronger thor or the hulk here's what he had to say.

Roy: And now I have what Evans and Novak would call on their show, "The Big Question," which the editor requested me to ask you: Which is stronger, Thor or the Hulk?

Stan: I would have to guess that Thor is stronger, only because he is a god and probably can't be killed. Again, I don't know how the guys have been writing him lately, but I thought of him as invulnerable

he did go onto say that it was posssible that the hulk might be able to eventually get to thor strength level but in his opinion thor would win a fight between the two of them

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:40 PM
paolo2143 is currently offline Click here to Send paolo2143 a Private Message Find more posts by paolo2143 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Interesting stuff, but most likely irrelevant. Stan hasn't written anything in ages. We're probably more versed in Marvel continuity than he is. And the question was worded poorly. "Who is stronger" and "Who is more powerful" are two different questions, and it sounded as though they asked him "Who's stronger" and Stan gave them the answer for "Who is more powerful".

Still, he's still the man, so I won't argue with anything he says about his own creations. But at this point he's just another fan of comics...albeit an insanely rich and influential fan of comics.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 10:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigboygreen

Yea ok im going to belive u I guess u dont understand LIMITLESS STRENGTH!!! Hulk would pulverize thor.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 09:12 PM
bigboygreen is currently offline Click here to Send bigboygreen a Private Message Find more posts by bigboygreen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayscribe
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bigboygreen
Yea ok im going to belive u I guess u dont understand LIMITLESS STRENGTH!!! Hulk would pulverize thor.

Maybe if Thor lost all his limbs and was struck blind, deaf, and dumb, and was asleep.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 09:12 PM
Dayscribe is currently offline Click here to Send Dayscribe a Private Message Find more posts by Dayscribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I love how all these Hulk fans want characters to throw away their hammers, not to fly, no heat vison, no energy absorbtion, yada yada yada...should Dr. Strange challenge Hulk to a fight; no spells?? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Sorry that the Hulk has limited power compared to some other characters. Get over it, or cheer for someone else.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 8th, 2006 09:39 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

This is no surprise. Stan Lee always wrote Thor as the top dawg in Marvel.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 09:50 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hancock1

Originally posted by Dayscribe
Maybe if Thor lost all his limbs and was struck blind, deaf, and dumb, and was asleep.

laughing

Old Post May 8th, 2006 09:53 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Re: stan lee's view on thor versus hulk

Originally posted by paolo2143
just read the following interview which stan lee gave just a few years back in 1998 when asked who he thought was stronger thor or the hulk here's what he had to say.

Roy: And now I have what Evans and Novak would call on their show, "The Big Question," which the editor requested me to ask you: Which is stronger, Thor or the Hulk?

Stan: I would have to guess that Thor is stronger, only because he is a god and probably can't be killed. Again, I don't know how the guys have been writing him lately, but I thought of him as invulnerable

he did go onto say that it was posssible that the hulk might be able to eventually get to thor strength level but in his opinion thor would win a fight between the two of them

In the olden days (when Stan and Jack were running things), Hulk ranked as stronger. The Thing was #2 and Thor was third place. This was not to say, however, who would win in a fight, with all powers in full deployment.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on May 8th, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2006 10:10 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by bigboygreen

I don't believe the whole "unlimited strength" bullshit.... it's the dumbest thing i've ever read (and i've read Wolverine8888's posts)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 8th, 2006 10:17 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by Scoobless
I don't believe the whole "unlimited strength" bullshit.... it's the dumbest thing i've ever read (and i've read Wolverine8888's posts)
its the closest thing to unlimited among marvel hero's...and it has been stated that he has the possiblility to become the strongest living humanoid...

Old Post May 8th, 2006 10:22 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Thor shouldnt be able to beat Thor without Mjolnir.

With Mjolnir though he most definitly can.

But, back to Stan Lee. Everybody loves Stan. He created the MU and characters like Spider-Man, Hulk, the Thing, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Cyclops. But lately in his old age, I think its safe to say that Stan is off his rocker.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 10:22 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Old Post May 8th, 2006 10:23 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnR

From what I can remember, in all of the old fights, the Hulk never seemed to exceed Thor's level of strength. He'd match it when he got to the full-blown angry level, but that's about it. So while his strength was theoretically unlimited, practically its limit was about Thor's level.

In more recent years, the Hulk seems to jump to around Thor level (usually) and then surpass him as the fight goes on. And before someone says it, I know the Hulk's strength is tied to his anger and can jump to just about any level if he's mad enough.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 11:04 PM
JohnR is currently offline Click here to Send JohnR a Private Message Find more posts by JohnR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Grimm22
Thor shouldnt be able to beat Thor without Mjolnir.

With Mjolnir though he most definitly can.

But, back to Stan Lee. Everybody loves Stan. He created the MU and characters like Spider-Man, Hulk, the Thing, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Cyclops. But lately in his old age, I think its safe to say that Stan is off his rocker.

What the f**k? He knows more about comics than you do.

Old Post May 8th, 2006 11:11 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It shall be stated again - WHO is the STRONGEST, and WHO is the MOST POWERFUL, are not necessarily THE SAME THING. Even if I acknowledged Hulk could be stronger than Thor, overall Thor is more powerful, and so higher up. The Hulk IS stronger than Dr. Strange, but Dr. Strange is more powerful overall. Two different things.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 9th, 2006 02:11 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aliveinboston

Re: Re: stan lee's view on thor versus hulk

Originally posted by Mindship
In the olden days (when Stan and Jack were running things), Hulk ranked as stronger. The Thing was #2 and Thor was third place. This was not to say, however, who would win in a fight, with all powers in full deployment.

When were Hulk or Thing portrayed as being stronger than Thor? In fact, did you read the first fight between Thor and Hulk?

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:35 AM
aliveinboston is currently offline Click here to Send aliveinboston a Private Message Find more posts by aliveinboston Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

That said it!

Old Post May 9th, 2006 07:37 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Thor is still kinda top dog in marvel. You can see how writers view Thor's power thru the awe of the characters they write.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 08:51 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

hmmm, whats the strongest thing you'd say the hulk has ever done?
like wise with thor?

Old Post May 9th, 2006 01:23 PM
Jarshewa is currently offline Click here to Send Jarshewa a Private Message Find more posts by Jarshewa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing

digi's initial post summed this thread topic up quite well i thought. lee does live in the past. his opinion should still be respected, but it is no longer the be all end all in the world of comics.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 01:27 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote