KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime vs Popeye the Sailor.

Superboy Prime vs Popeye the Sailor.
Started by: Laminator_X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Superboy Prime vs Popeye the Sailor.

They both seem capable of doing impossable things by punching and are insanely fast and durable. I would say that the Brat of Steel clearly has the edge in mobility, and Popeye probably couldn't move a planet without first ingesting his spinach. Just the same, Popeye is far more unpredictable and is a far more experienced fighter.

Discuss.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:35 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

superboy prime can't even beat galactus, wat will make anyone belive that he a chance against Popeye

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:37 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Popeye eats a planet full of Spinich

Goes and knocks Superboys head off.

Popeye pwns Superboy laughing

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:38 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grimm22

Popeye pwns Superboy laughing

Punching his head clean off wouldn't so much be Popeye's style, but he might do something like punch him so hard that his cape became Superman bedsheets, his tights Superboy footie-pajamas, and his armor a Superboy Lunchbox that would fall open to reveal Darth Clark's head inside with "X"'s in his eyes.

I think his heatvision is probably SBP's best chance.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:48 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Popeye kicks his ass.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:49 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Heh heh...the little blue crybaby's in for it now... big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 4th, 2006 05:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Grimm22

Popeye pwns Super boy laughing

WRONG !!!

Popeye eats a single can of spinach and then punches Super boy prime so hard it causes him to separate into Pre-crisis supes , Kon-el and SBP's human form.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:00 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

Popeye only needs spinach in the cartoon, the comic book version is just a hardboiled badass. He's probably at least as strong as SBP, but Popeye has some high-end matter manipulation. He could just punch SBP to turn him to a toaster.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:07 PM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Can't Popeye warp reality also?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:09 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Heat vison won't hurt Popeye, he's punch back through magic bolts from wizards and fire breath from dragons. Superboy Prime is about a million times faster though. It's going to be hard for Popeye to land a punch, but if he does, Superboy Prime gets transmuted into a crying baby in a crib in a blue diaper.

I say 3 cans of spinach does the job. Maybe 4 cans.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:13 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Popeye's family's powers are thought to be semi-magical in nature (another point against SBP), owing to their descent from Hercules and/or a blessing from the Greek gods. In function, he reminds me of Characters in Fables like Bigby Wolf and Boy Blue

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:16 PM
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud ...this thread just made my day.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:19 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Popeye's family's powers are thought to be semi-magical in nature (another point against SBP), owing to their descent from Hercules and/or a blessing from the Greek gods. In function, he reminds me of Characters in Fables like Bigby Wolf and Boy Blue

Boy Blue isn't all that , without the Vorpal Blade and Witching coat he's ordinary (Or as ordinary as fairy-tales get)

The vorpal blade is the ultimate sword though , magical , eternally sharp , able to cut anything in twain . It is truly the sword masters sword.

Old Post May 4th, 2006 06:26 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Originally posted by grey fox
Boy Blue isn't all that , without the Vorpal Blade and Witching coat he's ordinary (Or as ordinary as fairy-tales get)

The vorpal blade is the ultimate sword though , magical , eternally sharp , able to cut anything in twain . It is truly the sword masters sword.

Well of course, the Vorpal Blade goes "Snicker-Snack!" and it's curtains for whomever's on the receiving end of it. However, Blue is the only Fable sofar with a respect thread as far as I know, so I tossed him out as an example. I think Popeye operates in a similar league.

Now Redcross Knight, there was a swordsman...

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:02 PM