KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sav. Hulk vs. Iron Man

What happens
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
HULK SMASH! 5 83.33%
Iron man SMASH 1 16.67%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sav. Hulk vs. Iron Man
Started by: jgiant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Miffed Sav. Hulk vs. Iron Man

I really don't think this is too much of a fight for old jade jaws but he did ko him not too long ago...i also kno that iron man stated in one of hulkl annuals #12 i believe that he couldn't handle a direct hit from a mad hulk...idk...what do u guys think...

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 02:21 AM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

COMMON

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 11:35 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Well, in the classic armor, I would agree with you. However, you have to take into consideration that that knock-out took ALL of Tony's power.

Also, we still don't know exactly how powerful Iron Man currently is with his new Extremis Armor. He would definitely be too fast to be hit directly, as was shown with his fight against Crimson Dynamo; and he's supposedly strong enough to hang with guys like Sentry, which leads me to believe he can hang for Hulk for at least a little while.

Hulk should prove too much for him physically, but using his new abilities correctly and fighting smart, IM may actually take the majority here. But, as I've said, I need to see just what his new armor is truly capable of to really know.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 12:09 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Accel
Well, in the classic armor, I would agree with you. However, you have to take into consideration that that knock-out took ALL of Tony's power.

Also, we still don't know exactly how powerful Iron Man currently is with his new Extremis Armor. He would definitely be too fast to be hit directly, as was shown with his fight against Crimson Dynamo; and he's supposedly strong enough to hang with guys like Sentry, which leads me to believe he can hang for Hulk for at least a little while.

Hulk should prove too much for him physically, but using his new abilities correctly and fighting smart, IM may actually take the majority here. But, as I've said, I need to see just what his new armor is truly capable of to really know.
yeah...but i think that hulk would overcome anything IM can throw at him...

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:00 AM
branhole
Restricted

Account Restricted

only way iron man is beating him is if he has thorbuster armour.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:03 AM
branhole is currently offline Click here to Send branhole a Private Message Find more posts by branhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by jgiant
yeah...but i think that hulk would overcome anything IM can throw at him...

Probably.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:10 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I think it would depend on how Iron Man decides to fight the Hulk. If he tried to go into a straight h2h brawl (although why anyone would even attempt to fight the Hulk h2h is beyond me) then the Hulk would win easily. However there are several unorthodox tactics that Iron Man could use in order to win (most centered around getting the Hulk to revert to Banner):

*fly into the air and refuse to fight the Hulk, hopefully giving him a chance to calm down
*use either light or gentle concussive pulses to cause the Hulk to revert (ala the Sentry or Havok)
*use his magnetic repulsors/force fields to BFR the Hulk
*attempt a single k.o. punch by channeling all the power of his suit into it

Whatever method IM chooses to use, I think it is fairly clear that it would be difficult for IM to actually lose sans the fight being reduced to a brawl. His speed and mobility should allow him to easily retreat out of the Hulk's effective offensive range.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:31 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by TheKahn
I think it would depend on how Iron Man decides to fight the Hulk. If he tried to go into a straight h2h brawl (although why anyone would even attempt to fight the Hulk h2h is beyond me) then the Hulk would win easily. However there are several unorthodox tactics that Iron Man could use in order to win (most centered around getting the Hulk to revert to Banner):

*fly into the air and refuse to fight the Hulk, hopefully giving him a chance to calm down
*use either light or gentle concussive pulses to cause the Hulk to revert (ala the Sentry or Havok)
*use his magnetic repulsors/force fields to BFR the Hulk
*attempt a single k.o. punch by channeling all the power of his suit into it

Whatever method IM chooses to use, I think it is fairly clear that it would be difficult for IM to actually lose sans the fight being reduced to a brawl. His speed and mobility should allow him to easily retreat out of the Hulk's effective offensive range.
Good post...but i don't think the one punch thing would work unless hulk is really clam, which i do not believe he will be...IM's flying and dodging will be a problem but a massive sonic clap should screw him up just enough for hulk to get his hands on him and then its over...granted IM can win by using the revert to banner technique, but i don't think hulk will be calm enough during this fight...lets say its bloodlust, IM just killed hulk's friend and hulk just killed starks hot girlfriend...

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:39 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Good post...but i don't think the one punch thing would work unless hulk is really clam, which i do not believe he will be...IM's flying and dodging will be a problem but a massive sonic clap should screw him up just enough for hulk to get his hands on him and then its over...granted IM can win by using the revert to banner technique, but i don't think hulk will be calm enough during this fight...lets say its bloodlust, IM just killed hulk's friend and hulk just killed starks hot girlfriend...

In that case the smartest thing that Tony can do is RUN and get as much distance from him as possible. Again, Tony has to use his head to win this fight as any mistake he makes could be his last against a enraged, bloodlusted Hulk. I think Tony has the tools to win but his victories are predicated on him actually staying alive long enough to use them.

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:55 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by TheKahn
In that case the smartest thing that Tony can do is RUN and get as much distance from him as possible. Again, Tony has to use his head to win this fight as any mistake he makes could be his last against a enraged, bloodlusted Hulk. I think Tony has the tools to win but his victories are predicated on him actually staying alive long enough to use them.
it could work but i say hulk still takes it more than not...

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 02:02 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

it could work but i say hulk still takes it more than not...

If the fight took place in comics then I'd bet you'd be right, but I'd go with Iron Man using the "fight to the best of their ability" caveat of this forum.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 02:06 AM