KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Herald Trio vs The SuperSet

Herald Trio vs The SuperSet
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Herald Trio vs The SuperSet

Heralds

Silver Surfer
Stardust
Asgardian Destroyer (Loki animating it)

vs The SuperSet

Entropy Aegis (Steel commandeering)
Superman
Preus

Who wins this cosmic brawl??

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 05:12 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

I figured that Preus could match up with Surfer, since he's not vulnerable to K-nite, and Superman could take on Stardust. Then Aegis meets the Destroyer...Not good enough for a battle??

I thought this match was relatively even.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 04:17 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Topping.....................

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 06:23 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UniOmni
I figured that Preus could match up with Surfer, since he's not vulnerable to K-nite, and Superman could take on Stardust. Then Aegis meets the Destroyer...Not good enough for a battle??

I thought this match was relatively even.

I thought about it the same way. I believe the Aegis is too powerful though. In its few showings, no weaknesses were ever shown for it.

Preus is a tough fight for SS. Unlike Supes, he won't hold back..as a matter of fact, since he's prejudiced against aliens, it will make it even worse. He's also a trained soldier and doesn't seem to share Supermans "weaknesses."

Stardust and Supes is another good fight. ( I just like Stardust.)

Aegis vs Destroyer though... hmmm... It's been said the Armor basically IS Imperiex reborn. Scary thought.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 06:29 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Thats what i wanna hear people!!! Thoughts and opinions!!
But Avy, didn't Superman manage to take a small piece of the armor off when he faced it??
And Imperiex didn't really impress me. He, imo, was a dud of cosmic proportions.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 06:39 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

In the fights that I've seen, John choked the hell out of Supes in that armor. Supes didn't do a thing to it, he took a couple of hits well. He reduced DD to slag with a gesture.

Imperiex is ridiculously powerful, he just shares the same problem as Galactus...he had crappy writing. OWAW was a confusing terribly written arc.

When reading IC#7...I had hoped that OUR Supes would don the Imperiex armor and battle Superboy Prime in the antimonitor armor in a universe shaking battle. Unfortunately, that isn't what we got. sad

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 06:45 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I'm sorry, but I believe the surfer could take on Superman even if Superman didn't have a kryptonite weakness. Thus, I am pretty confident he could take Preus as well. The fight may be a little drawn out, but I'm sure the Surfer could come out on top.

And who is to say that the SueprSet gets to pick who fights who. Even if Preus is after the Surfer, why couldn't he just play defense against him, till he gets an opening to shoot some Kryptonite radiation at Superman, leaving him an easy target for one of the other Heralds to deal with, at which point it is 3v2 in favor of the Heralds. The Surfer can take Preus, and Aegis might be too much for the destroyer alone, but Stardust AND the Destroyer? Aegis is done.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 06:52 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Imo, people are underrating the Destroyer. It was made to fight Celestials.
CELESTIALS!! The beings Imperiex was physically modelled after.
It's disintegration beams are lethal. And with Loki powering it?! Crazy powerful. It can teleport, manipulate matter, is practically immune to blunt damage, and is extremely strong, and capable. Odin feared it!!

I say the Destroyer and Aegis appear to be matched well. The winner comes in when the lesser bouts are decided. Superman vs Stardust, and Surfer vs Preus.

And for the record, Imperiex doesn't have the failsafe that Galactus does. Galactus can always be described as hungry, or starving to explain his loss or being thwarted.
Imperiex for all his supposed power, and multiversal role, had no excuse for not outright destroying Earth and other key planets, and accomplishing his goals. If he was as powerful as he was said to be, he could have done it from lightyears away. Imperiex has no reason to look as bad as he does in hindsight. Thats why he's a dud. Hell, Spectre didn't even show up!!

Last edited by UniOmni on May 22nd, 2006 at 07:12 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:07 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Stardust is nothing to the Aegis. That's like saying an ant will help a dog to beat a Lion.

SS vs Supes has been done to death. They both have ways of beating each other.

Stardust vs Preus. Good battle. These 2 could go all day.

In reality, those 4 are cannon fodder for the Aegis and Destroyer.
It WILL come down to these 2, and the Aegis will win.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:10 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Imo, people are underrating the Destroyer. It was made to fight Celestials.
CELESTIALS!! The beings Imperiex was physically modelled after.
It's disintegration beams are lethal. And with Loki powering it?! Crazy powerful. It can teleport, manipulate matter, is practically immune to blunt damage, and is extremely strong, and capable. Odin feared it!!

I say the Destroyer and Aegis appear to be matched well. The winner comes in when the lesser bouts are decided. Superman vs Stardust, and Surfer vs Preus.

And for the record, Imperiex doesn't have the failsafe that Galactus does. Galactus can always be described as hungry, or starving to explain his loss or being thwarted.
Imperiex for all his supposed power, and multiversal role, had no excuse for not outright destroying Earth and other key planets, and accomplishing his goals. If he was as powerful as he was said to be, he could have done it from lightyears away. Imperiex has no reason to look as bad as he does in hindsight. Thats why he's a dud. Hell, Spectre didn't even show up!!

That "failsafe" is a lame excuse for his weakness. It comes off FAR too often. I stand by my original post. BAD WRITING for both.

EVERY big bad guy with "power off the charts" loses in mundane ways. If writers can't come up with good ways to defeat them, then they shouldn't bother wasting all our time.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 07:27 PM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Actually, i heard it said on another board that it would make complete sense if it was explained as this. Galactus is originally from the previous universe. When he came into being in the current universe, he came on borrowed time. And the less time he has, the more he hungers. Thus his weakness. And so, to continue to buy himself time, he must eat the agent of time, ie Eternity.
And as he eats, he dedicates most of the time/power gained, into lengthening Abraxas's sleep. And when Galactus finally runs outta time, Abraxas will wake up. So, no, imo Galactus having his hunger is brilliant.
Maybe not the constant excuse it's become, but him having it makes sense imo. But then again, mental blocks i hate as well.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 08:03 PM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Bumping..........

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:34 PM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Topping bytches!!!

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:22 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Actually, i heard it said on another board that it would make complete sense if it was explained as this. Galactus is originally from the previous universe. When he came into being in the current universe, he came on borrowed time. And the less time he has, the more he hungers. Thus his weakness. And so, to continue to buy himself time, he must eat the agent of time, ie Eternity.
And as he eats, he dedicates most of the time/power gained, into lengthening Abraxas's sleep. And when Galactus finally runs outta time, Abraxas will wake up. So, no, imo Galactus having his hunger is brilliant.
Maybe not the constant excuse it's become, but him having it makes sense imo. But then again, mental blocks i hate as well.

Even Abraxas wasn't shown to be a huge threat.
Good theory though.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 01:25 AM