KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Super Poker Match

Super Poker Match
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

Super Poker Match

Okay, we've discussed some of these people doing things like playing chess to determine whose a better stratigist and tactician, now let's go with poker.

Poker's more than simply a game of strategy or tactics. It also goes into how well you can judge your opponent. How well you can bluff when your hand is weak, and how well you can hide it when your hand is strong.

Four tables

First table:
Spider-man
Daredevil
The Question
Wolverine

Second table:
Superman
Darksied
Thanos
Captain America

Third table:
Doctor Doom
Ra's al Ghul
Deathstroke
Batman

Fourth table:
Lex Luthor
Joker
Apocalypse
Magneto

The winner of each table will each face each other in a final game.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:23 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Spider-Man or DD at Table 1, Thanos at table 2, Doom at table 3, and Joker at the last table (no one'll ever figure out his play-style).

DD's hearing and Spidey's spider-sense would be huge (Parker actually used this in a comic once to win a super-hero poker match). But truthfully, you have to believe Thanos or Doom would find a way to win.

Where's people like Brainiac, Loki, etc.?? They'd be great.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Where's people like Brainiac, Loki, etc.?? They'd be great.

I had a brain-fart, and couldn't think of anyone else.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:27 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Daredevil and Superman would be able to 'see' what everyone else was holding in their hands.... easy wins for these guys

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:30 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Though, conceivably, Pete's spider-sense might warn him every time he's going to make a losing bet. If that's the case, he'd only make bets where he'd win the hand (though in the comic, he only alludes to it helping him pick out bluffs from other players). But he might be a force in poker if he ever set himself to it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
Daredevil and Superman would be able to 'see' what everyone else was holding in their hands.... easy wins for these guys

Bah, but shouldn't there be some ban on powers (though that kinda eliminates my spider-sense plan, even though he can't control it like Supes can with his vision).

But if you take that a logical step further, you could say that Thanos uses his power to kill everyone else in the poker match, thus winning. erm

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:32 PM
BlaqChaos

They can use their powers, just not on the cards themselves.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:53 PM
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

Bah, but shouldn't there be some ban on powers (though that kinda eliminates my spider-sense plan, even though he can't control it like Supes can with his vision).

But if you take that a logical step further, you could say that Thanos uses his power to kill everyone else in the poker match, thus winning. erm

whats up with that no powers ban dude then dd couldent even tell what cards he had let alone what cards his opponent

Alan Scott Respect Tread KMC AntiMatter Corps: Yellow Dawning Sea Kings Sigs

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:56 PM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Sea King
whats up with that no powers ban dude then dd couldent even tell what cards he had let alone what cards his opponent

But his powers are involuntary. I'm talking about overt powers like x-ray vision and blowing people up.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 04:58 PM
Darth Martin

Third table wins. that would make a good team.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:00 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

But his powers are involuntary. I'm talking about overt powers like x-ray vision and blowing people up.

all ok i thought taking all their powers i was like poor blind man cant get a brack

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:03 PM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Okay, let me just state it this way. They can use thier power, just no to influence/harm each other, or sneak a peak at anything other than the cards in their hands.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:04 PM
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Okay, let me just state it this way. They can use thier power, just no to influence/harm each other, or sneak a peak at anything other than the cards in their hands.

hows dd gonna stop him self from doing so??

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:07 PM
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Super Poker Match

Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Okay, we've discussed some of these people doing things like playing chess to determine whose a better stratigist and tactician, now let's go with poker.

Poker's more than simply a game of strategy or tactics. It also goes into how well you can judge your opponent. How well you can bluff when your hand is weak, and how well you can hide it when your hand is strong.

Four tables

First table:
Spider-man
Daredevil
The Question
Wolverine

Second table:
Superman
Darksied
Thanos
Captain America

Third table:
Doctor Doom
Ra's al Ghul
Deathstroke
Batman

Fourth table:
Lex Luthor
Joker
Apocalypse
Magneto

The winner of each table will each face each other in a final game.
you should have added gambit on to one of the teams. he would pass them all a card that they wouldnt like.

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Last edited by diabloman on Jun 7th, 2006 at 05:21 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:16 PM
diabloman is currently offline Click here to Send diabloman a Private Message Find more posts by diabloman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Originally posted by Sea King
hows dd gonna stop him self from doing so??
Simple, if he knows he's going to automatically sees through the cards of the opponents, then he could simply not focus on the cards. (Though he could watch his opponents' heartrate as the cards are delt.)

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:20 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Darkseid wins this easily via TP......

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:22 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

well good points all around for dd but im am going with him

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 05:53 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Spider-man.

His powers are involuntary and in The Other (Yes, I know it sucked ass but still...) he used his powers to win a large amount of money gambling (something like 50,000 ? )

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 06:03 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by diabloman
you should have added gambit on to one of the teams. he would pass them all a card that they wouldnt like.

And then Thanos would remove him from existence.

Originally posted by grey fox
Spider-man.

His powers are involuntary and in The Other (Yes, I know it sucked ass but still...) he used his powers to win a large amount of money gambling (something like 50,000 ? )

My point exactly. Spider-sense would be the quickest way to a fortune ever.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 07:22 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I'd love to see this.

Cap : You cheated

Thanos : Bah ! The mad titan has no need to cheat

Supes : I'm pretty sure he hasn't been cheating otherwise my 'Truth and the American way' power would have gone off ...Wait a minute Truth AND the American way. Doesn't the first kinda contradict the second ?

Thanos : See the kryptonian isn't paranoid

Darkseid : Quiet rip-off...

Thanos : Rip off...excuse me ! Unlike you I don't need Jim lee penciling me and Jack kirby kissing ass for ME to own some heroes. You on the other hand are the resident alien punching bag , so i suggest you shut your trap before I lay a beat down on you !!

Darkseid : Oh , just like you 'Laid a beatdown' on Odin aye...

Thanos *Pissed off* Thats it ******* !!!

*Thanos jumps across the table and starts strangling Darkseid , Darkseid punches Thanos in the groin . Thanos loses his grip and takes a boot to the face*

Darkseid : Wheres your infinite gauntlet now ***** !!!

Superman : *Sighs* Is he always like this *Points to Thanos*

Cap : Yeah , pretty much.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2006 08:30 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote