KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Phoenix Force/Jean/Rachel vs Scarlet Witch

Phoenix Force/Jean/Rachel vs Scarlet Witch
Started by: MajinSSJ6Goku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MajinSSJ6Goku

Phoenix Force/Jean/Rachel vs Scarlet Witch

I have this friend that persists that Phoenix and all its incarnations can beat Scarlet Witch. I say that he is crazy because Scarlet Witch changes *reality*/molecular structure of anything/prevent any form of telepathy against her/cast spells on self or others/change the past or present/alter probabilty/and even revive people from death like Quicksilver after Magneto pwned him. While Phoenix force cannot use its power without a host and a host with Phoenix force can't even use all its power without killing the host. Also I want to know how long did it take Phoenix to heal Jean Grey from radiation poisioning because he argues with me about how powerful she is and it took forever to do a small thing like that. Whereas Wanda revived Pietro quickly. But we been arguing back and forth and I even printed out this proof (SW controls causality itself, as Xavier said in Excalibur. That means anything that falls in the realm of possibility (which is EVERYTHING) falls under the control of Wanda. Her power reached throughout the universe, altering past and present. As a side effect of her power, she inadvertently tore open a hole between realities, and her power leaked through it, caused all kinds of destruction that collapsed countless universes (read the HoM issues of Uncanny X-men for details). The hole needed to be repaired or Wanda would have accidentally destroyed the multiverse - a greater feat of power than had ever been seen in the Marvel Universe.) and he still tries to defend Phoenix. I need everyones say on this defending Scarlet Witch because she is obviously more powerful. With comic book facts etc.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:47 PM
MajinSSJ6Goku is currently offline Click here to Send MajinSSJ6Goku a Private Message Find more posts by MajinSSJ6Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

your friend is right dude. The witch is a corpse

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 07:48 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Scarlet Witch is powerful, but the only one(s) who can beat Phoenix are TOAA and possibly LT. Scarlet Witch dies instantly here.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 08:22 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MajinSSJ6Goku

Guys I need tons more replies on this. Please help.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 08:22 PM
MajinSSJ6Goku is currently offline Click here to Send MajinSSJ6Goku a Private Message Find more posts by MajinSSJ6Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

Big Sexy is right, Wanda is a corpse. Wanda's chaos wave was a side effect of her power, not sustained by it. Its like if u throw a rock in water, the waves are created by your action but you do not control the power and direction of the waves. Since then, the Phoenix has grown more powerful, back then, she and Jean had not completely merged yet. Wanda may control causality, but Jean is beyond causality. Nothing short of TOAA can bring her down. Jean can do everything Wanda can do...but better

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 08:24 PM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bean_machine
Its so hard

Umm.... well... the witch loses.

spiderman! spiderman!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 08:25 PM
bean_machine is currently offline Click here to Send bean_machine a Private Message Find more posts by bean_machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bean_machine
Its so hard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Here’s what I think:

The LT is the administrator/guardian of the multiverse. He was appointed to be the representative of TOAA in matters of cosmic importance. He obviously chooses what warrants his attention and what does not, hence his interference in the HOTU affair, but not the IG affair. His power level has changed, as every Marvel character’s has, over the years. When he first appeared in Strange Tales, he wasn’t nearly as powerful as he is now. The same was the case with Eternity’s first appearance.

The PF is responsible for the existence of the multiverse. It is there at the beginning and ending of every universe, making alterations as necessary. Reed Richards said in a recent issue of FF that it was the PF that created Galactus (and by extension abstracts like Eternity, Death, Infinity, Oblivion, etc. according to Galactus’ origin story). We haven’t seen any being in the MU manipulate universes the way we saw in Here Comes Tomorrow, not even the LT. In Guardians of the Galaxy, the Phoenix even healed Eternity, and it was said that it was the only one. When Galactus tried to “exorcise” the Phoenix Force from Rachel, stars began dying. Uatu, Roma and Death herself showed up to witness this.

Death, Eternity, etc are all universal concepts. The PF is multiversal and omniversal.
When the members of Excalibur were traveling during the Cross-Time Caper, Rachel noted that she was the only one that didn’t have a double. Galactus had doubles in alternate realities.

The PF is NOT the opposite of Death. Eternity is. How could it be the opposite of Death when Death and Eternity were spawned at the beginning of this universe, which the PF created? To that end,

The PF isn’t this second rate power that some people seem to believe it is. It’s a toss-up between LT and PF as to who has more power: one who guards existence or one who creates it.

From a LT vs PF thread.

spiderman! spiderman!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 08:28 PM
bean_machine is currently offline Click here to Send bean_machine a Private Message Find more posts by bean_machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Re: Phoenix Force/Jean/Rachel vs Scarlet Witch

Originally posted by MajinSSJ6Goku
I have this friend that persists that Phoenix and all its incarnations can beat Scarlet Witch. I say that he is crazy because Scarlet Witch changes *reality*/molecular structure of anything/prevent any form of telepathy against her/cast spells on self or others/change the past or present/alter probabilty/and even revive people from death like Quicksilver after Magneto pwned him. While Phoenix force cannot use its power without a host and a host with Phoenix force can't even use all its power without killing the host. Also I want to know how long did it take Phoenix to heal Jean Grey from radiation poisioning because he argues with me about how powerful she is and it took forever to do a small thing like that. Whereas Wanda revived Pietro quickly. But we been arguing back and forth and I even printed out this proof (SW controls causality itself, as Xavier said in Excalibur. That means anything that falls in the realm of possibility (which is EVERYTHING) falls under the control of Wanda. Her power reached throughout the universe, altering past and present. As a side effect of her power, she inadvertently tore open a hole between realities, and her power leaked through it, caused all kinds of destruction that collapsed countless universes (read the HoM issues of Uncanny X-men for details). The hole needed to be repaired or Wanda would have accidentally destroyed the multiverse - a greater feat of power than had ever been seen in the Marvel Universe.) and he still tries to defend Phoenix. I need everyones say on this defending Scarlet Witch because she is obviously more powerful. With comic book facts etc.

You're WAY off and your friend is correct.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 08:42 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MajinSSJ6Goku

Forget it. To many people are on the fan favorite Phoenix Force nuts. Heck I am better off saying Wanda vs Jean Grey no Phoenix Force who would win.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 04:06 AM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The problem is you seemed to not know much of the Phoenix force. According to marvel continuity now she is the means of who will create the multiverse and who will destroy it. She completes this cycle and is the reason that beings like Galactus even exist. I know that their have been comics where she acts like a regular xman but she has held the 616 universe in her hand. Beings like the LT or Eternity give her respect which says a lot

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 04:37 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix_Avatar9
Spark of Creation

Forget it. To many people are on the fan favorite Phoenix Force nuts. Heck I am better off saying Wanda vs Jean Grey no Phoenix Force who would win.

Jean and Phoenix are one and the same, there can be no separating of the two. However, if u were to say Wanda vs. jean pre-final evolution, then of course Wanda would win

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 11:30 AM
Phoenix_Avatar9 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix_Avatar9 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix_Avatar9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eragon993
???

phoenix wins easy

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 06:51 PM
Eragon993 is currently offline Click here to Send Eragon993 a Private Message Find more posts by Eragon993 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diabloman
Restricted

Account Restricted

wtf is scarlet gonna do to her ?

ITS CLOBBERIN TIME

Old Post Jun 13th, 2006 06:52 PM
diabloman is currently offline Click here to Send diabloman a Private Message Find more posts by diabloman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MajinSSJ6Goku

What I want to know is, what is Phoenix doing right now in the official storyline? And Scarlet Witch. Where can I find the plot canon guide to the entire x-men series. Me and this guy still going at it. I have to constantly tell him that Phoenix is getting her ass stomped to shards by Xorn and Magneto etc. I liked that picture with Phoenix getting that butt kicked. "jgg!!" pwnage. On top of that Xorn was ACCIDENTLY made by Wanda which beat Phoenix now thats power.

To diabloman: Scarlet Witch can seal her powers forever or even make Jean never be born by altering time, turn her in a roll of toilet paper, blast her to shreads, alter all realities on her. Or beat her senseless with that Captain America training LOL.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 08:16 PM
MajinSSJ6Goku

Anyone?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 10:06 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

What I want to know is, what is Phoenix doing right now in the official storyline? And Scarlet Witch. Where can I find the plot canon guide to the entire x-men series. Me and this guy still going at it. I have to constantly tell him that Phoenix is getting her ass stomped to shards by Xorn and Magneto etc. I liked that picture with Phoenix getting that butt kicked. "jgg!!" pwnage. On top of that Xorn was ACCIDENTLY made by Wanda which beat Phoenix now thats power.

To diabloman: Scarlet Witch can seal her powers forever or even make Jean never be born by altering time, turn her in a roll of toilet paper, blast her to shreads, alter all realities on her. Or beat her senseless with that Captain America training LOL.
Yes scarlet witch can alter reality but how does that effect one who is above reality. Currently Phoenix is in the white hot room outside creation. I dont know where SW is.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 10:12 PM
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

Phoenix's being killed by Xorn was needed, so that she could disinfect the future, it was even hinted at (in retrospect) right after she was killed and one of the Cuckoos said that something was wrong with gravity and time. If your talking about way back when, when she first appeared and the xmen fought Magneto, it's plain to see that even though her power was great she didn't have nearly as much experience as Magneto at the time, and in her arrogance underestimated his skill. Jean exists as the white Phoenix, she is in the white hot room, and that was off limits to the "chaos wave" Wanda caused, that's why Jamie transported Psylocke and Rachel there to escape it. If for some reason Wanda was allowed to seal Jean and her powers away forever and mess with time to make her never born, the Phoenix would bring her back as it exists outside of reality and apparently causality. When Jean began to manifest her Phoenix powers, her telepathy allowed her to burn through deception(attack on Emma Frost), Wandas reality warps are not a reshaping, just a coverup of what's there, even Layla Miller could see that and she's no Phoenix.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2006 11:14 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MajinSSJ6Goku

Makes sense. But the fact still remains that SW can own Phoenix but she will always come back so I was right after all. smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 12:49 AM
Cosmic Flame

How exactly is she going to own her? By the time Wanda finishes saying, "No more Phoenix," Jean has already turned off Wanda's mutant ability, caused her heart to explode, makes Wanda say "No more Wanda" instead, or just turn her mind totally off (among other things).

And Phoenix has been shown in What Ifs to wish someone never existed and it happened. As an interesting note, when the Shiar lobotomized Jean Grey in a What If?, she was still able to to manifest her powers as Phoenix, so it appears to be a bit more difficult than trying to wish her away.

Last edited by Cosmic Flame on Jun 15th, 2006 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 01:26 AM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eternitygoddess

quote:
Makes sense. But the fact still remains that SW can own Phoenix but she will always come back so I was right after all.

Dude you're WRONG. You've been constantly told you're WRONG. Now wake up and face reality.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2006 01:48 AM
eternitygoddess is currently offline Click here to Send eternitygoddess a Private Message Find more posts by eternitygoddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote